Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Interesting SSFIV combo video thread.

• 52 results
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Scooper

There's a bunch of cool combos videos floating around and new ones seem to pop up everyday since alot of people have got the game now and are trying stuff out. I know I'm interested in watching any new and interesting stuff that I haven't seen before.

Starting off, DeeJay can combo into his Ultra 2 for 472 damage if he anti-airs you with his sweep? YES!  

I hope his anti-air sweep has more juggle potential, maybe you can pull off an EX Up Kicks after it too? Maybe Machine Gun Upper? Who knows.

Speaking of wierdness into Ultra, Sagat can aparantly land his full Ultra 1 off of a standing RH canceled into Angry Scar? That's bandanas.

What have you punks seen that's interesting?

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Illmatic

Combos for my two favorite Street Fighter characters? Yes please. Some interesting comeback fights will no doubt happen with DeeJay's combo.

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AniMoney

is angry scar 1 ex bar?

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Scooper
    @AniMoney said:
    " is angry scar 1 ex bar? "
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is.
    Onigenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Onigenko

This game is starting to feel like Third Strike with all these Ultra Combo... combos? Not a bad thing though.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Jeffsekai

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scooper
    @Jeffsekai: Those are going to be a pain to block.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stang

God I love Capcom's sense of humor. Their idea of nerf is give new ways to combo into ultra. I honestly thought Sagat would no longer be God tier. WRONG.

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By VicRattlehead

that sagat thing is off a counter hit only supposedly

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scooper
    @VicRattlehead said:
    " that sagat thing is off a counter hit only supposedly "
    Oh, well that's not too bad then.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By lordofultima
    @VicRattlehead said:

" that sagat thing is off a counter hit only supposedly "

Dunno, all the times they've entered the menu in that video, counter hit is turned off. 

@Stang

said:

" God I love Capcom's sense of humor. Their idea of nerf is give new ways to combo into ultra. I honestly thought Sagat would no longer be God tier. WRONG. "

No one said he wasn't going to be the best character in the game, this is expected if anything. 

@Scooper

said:

" @Jeffsekai: Those are going to be a pain to block. "

I think these are what everyone should be calling busted, instant overhead combos? GTFO. LOW HIGH LOW HIGH ULTRA LOL 

Didn't Jeff already make a combo vid thread for SSFIV? Oh well, this one is better anyway. Here's Akuma's Fierce Teleport cancel into Ultra II: 

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:

"Didn't Jeff already make a combo vid thread for SSFIV? Oh well, this one is better anyway. Here's Akuma's Fierce Teleport cancel into Ultra II: 

Yeah but it was just a link to a video. This is a bit different. I'm more looking for the interesting combos like DeeJay's sweep to Ultra or like Jeff posted here that overhead ultra setup.

Anyways, is that actualy a teleport cancel into Ultra? What the shit? That's pretty funny. I wonder if this means you'll be able to make it hit confirmable like after a combo. Maybe something like fireball FADC st. fierce punch and whack on the teleport cancel ultra 2 instead of the regular BnB combo. Something tells me his Ultra 2 will take it in the ass after the damage scaling, though.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lordofultima
    @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:

"Didn't Jeff already make a combo vid thread for SSFIV? Oh well, this one is better anyway. Here's Akuma's Fierce Teleport cancel into Ultra II: 

Yeah but it was just a link to a video. This is a bit different. I'm more looking for the interesting combos like DeeJay's sweep to Ultra or like Jeff posted here that overhead ultra setup.  Anyways, is that actualy a teleport cancel into Ultra? What the shit? That's pretty funny. I wonder if this means you'll be able to make it hit confirmable like after a combo. Maybe something like fireball FADC st. fierce punch and whack on the teleport cancel ultra 2 instead of the regular BnB combo. Something tells me his Ultra 2 will take it in the ass after the damage scaling, though. "
    Yeah the fireball FADC stuff will probably work, and don't forget crouching jab, standing fierce is a hit-confirmable combo. Scaling doesn't really bother me, actually being able to use an ultra sounds good to me.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:

Yeah but it was just a link to a video. This is a bit different. I'm more looking for the interesting combos like DeeJay's sweep to Ultra or like Jeff posted here that overhead ultra setup.  Anyways, is that actualy a teleport cancel into Ultra? What the shit? That's pretty funny. I wonder if this means you'll be able to make it hit confirmable like after a combo. Maybe something like fireball FADC st. fierce punch and whack on the teleport cancel ultra 2 instead of the regular BnB combo. Something tells me his Ultra 2 will take it in the ass after the damage scaling, though. "
    Yeah the fireball FADC stuff will probably work, and don't forget crouching jab, standing fierce is a hit-confirmable combo. Scaling doesn't really bother me, actually being able to use an ultra sounds good to me. "
    Oh yeah I never thought of crouching jab, standing fierce. That's good news for Akuma players. I'm glad Akuma's got a more sure Ultra but I'm also glad Capcom kept it crazy and didn't just go the easy route of making some 2x quarter circle punch air fireball ultra or Shoryuken or something. They made sure they kept it wierd, which is what you really want from Akuma when it boils down to it.
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By VicRattlehead
    @lordofultima:  i really hope it is just of counter.... in the vid i think counter hit flashes up when he throws out the standing rh
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jeffsekai

If anything even if the game speed overall is the same I feel like it's going to be alot faster interms of reacting to shit. what with overheads and teleports into Ultras lol

either way after seeing that video, going back to being excited about Adon. Even if that's his only combo that's a combo I can get behind.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lordofultima
    @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:

Yeah the fireball FADC stuff will probably work, and don't forget crouching jab, standing fierce is a hit-confirmable combo. Scaling doesn't really bother me, actually being able to use an ultra sounds good to me. "
    Oh yeah I never thought of crouching jab, standing fierce. That's good news for Akuma players. I'm glad Akuma's got a more sure Ultra but I'm also glad Capcom kept it crazy and didn't just go the easy route of making some 2x quarter circle punch air fireball ultra or Shoryuken or something. They made sure they kept it wierd, which is what you really want from Akuma when it boils down to it. "
    Well, I wouldn't say all that. I would have preferred a 3rd Strike Fireball Super, I wanted easy combos, not VIPER COMBOS. But it's ok, I can totally mash teleport with d/f to u/f + 3K, and it'll probably come out. 

@VicRattlehead said:
    " @lordofultima:  i really hope it is just of counter.... in the vid i think counter hit flashes up when he throws out the standing rh "
    You are definitely right, for the st.HK combo in particular it says counter hit, but I just meant in general that using angry scar to cancel into combos and ultras works without counter-hit. St.HK to ultra is impossible to hit-confirm so that's really not a big deal. 
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima: I didn't like his Alpha supers and all that boring stuff that every shoto had (well I guess air fireball super was unique to him). I like Akuma for his uniqueness. I don't want to do a fancy shoryuken ultra as Akuma. I want to press Up a bunch of times and press all 3 kicks. Who has an Ultra like that!? lmao.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lordofultima
    @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima: I didn't like his Alpha supers and all that boring stuff that every shoto had (well I guess air fireball super was unique to him). I like Akuma for his uniqueness. I don't want to do a fancy shoryuken ultra as Akuma. I want to press Up a bunch of times and press all 3 kicks. Who has an Ultra like that!? lmao. "
    You're in no position to demand things for Akuma. Fireball ultra would have been better.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima: I didn't like his Alpha supers and all that boring stuff that every shoto had (well I guess air fireball super was unique to him). I like Akuma for his uniqueness. I don't want to do a fancy shoryuken ultra as Akuma. I want to press Up a bunch of times and press all 3 kicks. Who has an Ultra like that!? lmao. "
    You're in no position to demand things for Akuma. Fireball ultra would have been better. "
    I don't need to demand cos I got what I wanted anyway hahahaha
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lordofultima
    @Scooper said:

" @lordofultima said:

" @Scooper said:
    You're in no position to demand things for Akuma. Fireball ultra would have been better. "
    I don't need to demand cos I got what I wanted anyway hahahaha "
    YOU SHUT THAT MOUTH. 

Guile combo lol: 

TheLastNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheLastNeo
    @lordofultima: Holy Crap, thats just awesome!!  ^^^
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By MysteriousBob

If you don't put the glasses on at the end, the enemy regains all of the health they just lost.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Scooper

I guess Akuma can easily hit confirm into his Ultra while using no Super meter. Akuma players must be loosing it right now.

The thing I'm loosing my shit over is Seth's new ultra and how fuckin great it is. Good damage and easy as piss to combo into in several different ways, again with no meter needed.

Seth's going to be right up there in the tiers now I'm thinking.

Ultima showed us a stupid new combo but I think this video is going to get Guile players excited.

Guile with a sensible and well damaging combo into Ultra? Has the world gone mad?
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @lordofultima: Guile could do that exact combo in SF4.
    Onigenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Onigenko
    @Jeffsekai: Nope, he did a regular Flash Kick after that juggle kick, unlike SF4, where he has to use EX FK.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Stang

510 damage for the fadc sonic hurricane combo? That is sick! Napalm, no more bitching from you sir. That is Sagat tier.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Onigenko said:
    " @Jeffsekai: Nope, he did a regular Flash Kick after that juggle kick, unlike SF4, where he has to use EX FK. "
    Still, nothing to get super excited about. No one is going to use that combo anyways.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By napalm
    @Onigenko said:
    " @Jeffsekai: Nope, he did a regular Flash Kick after that juggle kick, unlike SF4, where he has to use EX FK. "
    This is correct. Also, nobody but Dagger_G ever used df.FK for anything. The down + forward is a weird place for the attack to sit, and the timing on it was super tight, so it's easy to whiff it and eat a j.FK in the face if you missed. In Super, they changed the properties of the move, so now it's juggle attack, so theoretically, you can use any normal attack after it. I say theoretically, because there are still questions as to what you can actually use after it. Also, the second combo posted (510 damage) is way more do-able, especially considering you could replace the s.FP (or MP, not sure), with c.MP since it's two frames so I'll be more able to hit that one. But, these are still situation combos.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By napalm

I don't know how many of you care, but it's possible to pull a df.FK > s.FK. Yeah, that's fucking awesome. Gilley also posted on SRK you could also pull the ol' Sagat trick and do df.FK > df.FK.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lordofultima
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @lordofultima: Guile could do that exact combo in SF4. "
    He could do that exact combo in SFIV? You mean he has a sonic hurricane in SFIV? That's weird. Must be an unlock.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @lordofultima: Guile could do that exact combo in SF4. "
    He could do that exact combo in SFIV? You mean he has a sonic hurricane in SFIV? That's weird. Must be an unlock. "
    hur hur hur
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jeffsekai

Cody is too bored to give a fuck

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lordofultima
    @Jeffsekai: Holy shit Cody's theme is awesome.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Scooper

Fools best learn to block overheads or they'll gunna get wrecked because a few characters so far have got some pretty big combos off of a simple overhead.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Scooper: I rember Keno saying that a while ago, that overheads are gonna be godlike
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AniMoney
    @lordofultima said:

" @Scooper said:

KKZ would have been the best. 

@Scooper said:
    " Fools best learn to block overheads or they'll gunna get wrecked because a few characters so far have got some pretty big combos off of a simple overhead.  
    Holy jesus did he just link s.hk off of overhead? Dude that is just dirrrrrrrrrty.
    Onigenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Onigenko
    @Jeffsekai:  Wait, did Cody just link Ultra 2 from standing strong? That's awesome.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By napalm

Epic Guile High Kick action. Juggle, bitches!

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By AndrewJD

So far I've seen Dudley, Cody and Ryu combo after an overhead attack. Are there others anyone's seen?

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Scooper
    @mubress: Adon, Juri.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lordofultima

My friend Adeel (Four Wude) played Akuma for about 10 hours yesterday, and he says that Akuma is even better in SSFIV. He couldn't do the teleport cancel into Ultra II like the video showed, but from a high air tatsu you can combo into it, which is pretty neat I guess. Also, you can cancel the teleport at any time into Ultra II, so you can punish people throwing hella fireballs if you're quick.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Scooper

If you're good enough with the dash ultra malarky then this is possible. I might jump into training on SFIV and practice Guile's dash ultra since it's basicaly the same deal.

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    @Scooper said:

" If you're good enough with the dash ultra malarky then this is possible. I might jump into training on SFIV and practice Guile's dash ultra since it's basicaly the same deal.

"
    Same deal as sakuras setup in sf4, once you get the timing down its piss easy.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Stang
    @DirrtyNinja said:
    " @Scooper said:

" If you're good enough with the dash ultra malarky then this is possible. I might jump into training on SFIV and practice Guile's dash ultra since it's basicaly the same deal.

"
    Same deal as sakuras setup in sf4, once you get the timing down its piss easy. "
    Huh? This is nothing like Sakura's ultra off ex tatsu setup. Anybody can do that in their sleep, with charge characters you have to charge back as normal, dash, then complete the ultra motion. The feel of it is awkward.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Scooper
    @Stang said:
    " @DirrtyNinja said:
    " @Scooper said:

"
    Same deal as sakuras setup in sf4, once you get the timing down its piss easy. "
    Huh? This is nothing like Sakura's ultra off ex tatsu setup. Anybody can do that in their sleep, with charge characters you have to charge back as normal, dash, then complete the ultra motion. The feel of it is awkward. "
    After trying it out for quite a while in training mode I have to conceed that sometimes a 360 thumbstick just doesn't cut it at some things. It's not as acurate as I need and when I put up the imputs I could see why. I think you're only allowed 2 awry directional imputs with Guile's dash Ultra for it to still work and of course get it done in that tiny charge storing window. I checked on SRK and they say the motion for Guile's dash ultra is db, neutral, f, f, df, d, db, b, ub KKK. The problem I was having was as I was going from db charge to neutral to dash I was somehow getting a down imput which messed it all up. The thumbstick is so small it's incredibly hard to be very very precise with it, the arcade stick is alot bigger and easier for that sort of thing. It's not a huge deal for me though. My % was getting better as I practiced but I can't see it being something I can do 100% with the regular pad. I don't think it's possible. The thumbstick isn't designed for that sort of thing.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Stang
    @Scooper: Don't feel too bad, on stick I can dash  ultra maybe 1 out of 5 times.....in training mode. While the analog stick is able to do a lot of things, I agree with you, motions like this are probably far too complex to be done reliably using analog. I know Geom can dash ultra with Guile on pad with ease, but that dude is a fucking freak with Guile.
    617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By 617_jbug

Team Spooky (the guys who broke all the info for SSF4 and MVC3) are having a combo video competition. The winner gets a free mad catz stick (SSF4 S Series TE stick ) for any system.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lordofultima
    @DirrtyNinja said:
    " @Scooper said:

"
    Except it's not, since Dee Jay has to hold a charge backward, forward x2 real fast, back, forward 3P
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " @DirrtyNinja said:
    " @Scooper said:

"
    Except it's not, since Dee Jay has to hold a charge backward, forward x2 real fast, back, forward 3P "
    It's worse then that. The Ultra 2 we're talking about in this combo is the same as Guile's and Vega's U1 so it's not even as simple as that. Sadly ;'(.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.