Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Question on Super Street Fighter IV

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

With SSF IV coming out I'd like to know if people owning the original Street Fighter IV could play online with others who owned SSF IV. 

Another question: Does Capcom change the balancing with each new variant? I'm finally getting used to Ken's moves and the last thing I need is a drastic change.

I wouldn't know if this is common knowledge or not since I finally bothered playing my roommate's copy and became interested in the series.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

Super Street Fighter IV will not be compatible online with the original SFIV.  Too much has changed to make that possible.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By lordofultima

No they will not be compatible with eachother, the game is getting a whole new engine, with a new online structure -- characters are going to have new moves and frame differences, little tweaks and balances. If anything, expect Ken to get buffed, I wouldn't worry about them fucking him up. Moving thread to Super Street Fighter IV Forum.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Stang

Only scrubs use Ken!

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By yetiantics

ugh, Stang is gonna be nearly unstopable to beat with that new ultra. I can already imagine the combo posibilites... lol
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Stang

I dunno, I am an old fart and pretty stuck in my ways. Sure, Ken's fadc ultra is complete horseshit in its current form, but it is my baby. Plus, step kick to fierce srk leads to an ass load of counter hit srk's which then leads to full ultra, I can't complain. I really do not want to relearn what has taken me 500+ hours to get the hang of. If the current ultra in partial fadc form gets a 50-100 damage buff, I am not changing.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By yetiantics

You can probably FADC into the new Ultra. Since you pretty much learned your character, you can adapt quickly to the new ultra. Think about it like Chun-li. Catch a falling fool into the ultra. 
    What concerns me is that 3-4 frame start-up in the beginning, it might be easy to reverse it. So the only way to catch someone effectively is to catch someone falling.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @AestheticSynthesis said:
    "

With SSF IV coming out I'd like to know if people owning the original Street Fighter IV could play online with others who owned SSF IV. 

Another question: Does Capcom change the balancing with each new variant? I'm finally getting used to Ken's moves and the last thing I need is a drastic change.

I wouldn't know if this is common knowledge or not since I finally bothered playing my roommate's copy and became interested in the series.

"
    Sir that is more than one Question, your title is misleading.
    Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jeffsekai:  
    Caught me. It started as only the online question, then I wondered if Capcom would actually bother balancing. I guess they do which is awesome. So is everyone here going to be making the change to SSF IV?
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Luke
    " @Jeffsekai:  Caught me. It started as only the online question, then I wondered if Capcom would actually bother balancing. I guess they do which is awesome. So is everyone here going to be making the change to SSF IV? "
    If they add Dudley, then yes, I will.  If they don't add Dudley, then yes anyway :p  

P.S. I hope they add Dudley! 
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By lordofultima

" @Jeffsekai:  Caught me. It started as only the online question, then I wondered if Capcom would actually bother balancing. I guess they do which is awesome. So is everyone here going to be making the change to SSF IV? "

As with all Street Fighter, there really is no option. When a new iteration is released everyone jumps ship and leaves the older game in the dust. This is why we don't see Champion Edition or Alpha 3 at tournaments. I don't think many people other than complete newbies that bought SFIV on the cheap will be playing it when SSFIV comes out.
    CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CounterShock

Rebalancing would stop any cross game play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.