Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Reversal Ultras (Hakan, Cammy, etc.)

ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ElCapitan

I've been nailed a few times Cannon Striking on to Hakan's greasy stomach, but I haven't tried using Cammy's CQC in combat. Do you know if CQC works on any physical attack or are some (like Ultras or armor breakers) able to break through?

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Renahzor
    @el33tcapitan:

IMO, the new cammy ultra is really really really bad, it's NOTHING like Hakan's, who can basically own any jumpin attempt.  I've seen some attacks go through CQC, depends on timing and such, basically you have to nail it with reversal timing on a poke or most specials or hope someone is dumb enough to press a button after you activate.  There is no reliable way to land this thing that I have found.  It can be thrown. I've seen hurricane kicks, armor breaking moves, projectiles, and the occasional crossup beat it, but that could be timing, its just really hard to use correctly.  I play an aggressive cammy, and for my style, it doesnt fit at all.  If you find a way to make it useful, please let me know!  It looks cool as hell!  lol
    ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ElCapitan
    @Renahzor: I'll experiment with it tonight to see if I can find some good strategies for landing this sucker. If it requires them to hit you with a normal attack rather than a special, it seems fairly useless. I'm gonna go investigate on Shoryuken too.
    ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ElCapitan

Haven't had a real chance to test this in detail, but I did run into some awesome Cammy cosplay. Hopefully I'll have more time to do this over the weekend.

MMkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MMkain

Using Cammy U2 takes excellent reactions to use effectively. Unlike Hakan's U2, Cammy's must intercept a non armorbreaking move in order to land.

Avatar image for keystone_yinzer
    Keystone_Yinzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Keystone_Yinzer

Counter ultras can be tricky as you have to be smart on when to use them or else you be punished bad. Fei Long has a counter U2 and if you watched the TNT stream, you saw someone got completely dominated by using it bad (Fei Long players used it and the deejay player merely took his time and ultra'd him in return).

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ImperiousRix

Yeah, both Cammy and Fei Long's are extremely difficult to use, so much so that I don't know exactly WHEN one should use it. 
    Hakan's, however, is extremely useful.  Not only does it stop all jump-in attempts, but it can intercept moves like the various DP's, Juri's Dive Kick, Adon's Jaguar Tooth, and even many Ultras (I personally took out an Adon's Ultra with Hakan's Oil Combination).

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    @el33tcapitan said:
    " Haven't had a real chance to test this in detail, but I did run into some awesome Cammy cosplay. Hopefully I'll have more time to do this over the weekend. "
    She be fit.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By lordofultima

Hakan's Ultra II is GODLIKE, Cammy's Ultra II is GARBAGE. 

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Scooper

The reversal Ultra (Fei Long/Cammy) seem to be more for the casual crowd of players. I can't imagian anyone using them in tornaments. On the other hand, Hakan's U2 is fantastic and shuts down alot of characters, especialy ones that really like to crossup alot and attack you from the air (Cammy has to be really careful cannon spiking Hakan on his wakeup or they'll slip up. I guess they could bait Hakan to do it if they done an instant cannon spike at the right distance, Bison is another character that likes to crossup and do headstomp on people, again, Bison can also bait Hakan with a late Devil's reverse ect.). When Hakan's got Ultra you gotta be really careful jumping or you'll get shot out of a poopy butt.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thatpinguino  Moderator

Hakan's ultra 2 also works on vega's wall jumps, it works on all of them but it is guaranteed to hit on jump then fly horizontal move.  It seems like it works no matter what height vega moves across the screen at.

mrjared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mrjared

Hakan's Ultra II is amazing. Observe.

Technically, it beats anything the game considered to be airborne. So for example, not only does it beat Honda's butt-slam, but it also beats it while it's going upwards, not just downwards. Hakan can also do Focus Attack into Ultra II while the opponent is crumpling because again, technically, they're airborne (which is why Guile FA > Air-Throw works), so he can be very lazy about it too.

Straight-up counter moves are always bad. Considering both can be armor broken, if you think they're going to actually attempt to use the counter Ultra, you can just start throwing out armor breaking moves.
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lilbigsupermario

Does Cammy and Feilong's Ultra 2 do more damage compared to their Ultra 1 just so you can say using such a difficult Ultra is worth it when it connects? 

I used Feilong's Ultra 2 a couple of times, and with those few times, I failed miserably using his Ultra 2... T_T

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.