Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

SSFIV Frame Data (from Event Hubs)

TheLastNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By TheLastNeo
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/may/10/frame-data-super-street-fighter-4/  

Gilley has come through again by providing frame data for Super Street Fighter 4.

If you're curious about the new cast members, or how the returning fighter's moves look now, this is a solid spot to check out.

All 35 characters have had frame data guides posted on their pages, but to get you there quicker, here are direct links.

Abel | Adon | Akuma | Balrog (Boxer) | Blanka | Cammy | Chun Li | Cody
    C. Viper | Dan | Dee Jay | Dhalsim | Dudley | El Fuerte | E. Honda | Fei Long |Gen | Gouken | Guile | Guy | Hakan | Ibuki | Juri | Ken | Makoto | M. Bison (Dictator) | Rose | Rufus | Ryu | Sakura | Sagat | Seth | T. Hawk | Vega (Claw)Zangief |

This is the first draft of frame data, so there are some rough spots that will need to be smoothed out with time. Also, some people have already discovered inaccurate data in here, so keep that in mind when browsing through. The 'Notes' listings are from vanilla Street Fighter 4, but for the most part things haven't changed a lot, so this information should still hold up in most cases.

For comparison's sake, Street Fighter 4's frame data was kept for all 25 characters, simply scroll down to see the old information.

If all of this stuff goes over your head, make sure you check out the How to read frame data guide here on the site.

And again a huge shout out goes to Gilley for yet again taking a ton of his own time to provide the community with this information. 

Figured Id share it for those who were interested.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Stang

Finally! Thanks.

edit

Ken's sweep is still 8 frames. No wonder it is damn near impossible to combo. Fuck you Capcom.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

Cool, and just as suspected, All of adon's moves are unsafe so totally vindicated from whoever thought otherwise

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By lordofultima

So long 7 frame standing roundhouse...*tear*

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

Glad to see Honda still does mad damage.    :)

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " Cool, and just as suspected, All of adon's moves are unsafe so totally vindicated from whoever thought otherwise "
    They all seem safe to me...if you want unsafe look at Hakan.
    @lordofultima said:

" So long 7 frame standing roundhouse...*tear* "

That thing is still toooooooooooo good. Im getting raped by it still.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @StaticFalconar said:
    " Cool, and just as suspected, All of adon's moves are unsafe so totally vindicated from whoever thought otherwise "
    They all seem safe to me...if you want unsafe look at Hakan.  
    Eh give it time, there will be a way to punish Adon once people figure out when a move ends and what not. It's defiantly unsafe. 

and yup that's frame data.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By napalm

Frame data is for pussies.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lordofultima
    @Napalm said:
    " Frame data is for pussies. "
    You mean smart people.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @lordofultima said:

" @Napalm said:

You mean smart people. "
    Is it really, really necessary, though?  I try to improve in any way I can, but it seems like memorizing all of this would be futile.  Perhaps this would just need to be the last thing I actually educate myself about for SSFIV.
    Jake_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jake_K
    @Stang said:
    " Finally! Thanks.  edit  Ken's sweep is still 8 frames. No wonder it is damn near impossible to combo. Fuck you Capcom. "
    Maybe I'm reading frame data wrong, but doesn't an 8 frame sweep mean it hits on the 8th frame... if so how is that even possible to hit jab to sweep at +7? Ryus jab is +5 and sweep is +5 startup doesn't that leave 1 frame to actually hit the sweep or am I just reading this wrong?
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lordofultima
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @lordofultima said:

" @Napalm said:

You mean smart people. "
    Is it really, really necessary, though?  I try to improve in any way I can, but it seems like memorizing all of this would be futile.  Perhaps this would just need to be the last thing I actually educate myself about for SSFIV. "
    I have to make a tutorial on frame data when I get the chance. I think people have huge misconceptions about using frame data. I don't have most frame data memorized, I don't count frames, it's just a way to figure out what moves are safe in a particular match-up.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Stang
    @Jake_K: I dunno, there is something about being at the very very end of their hitbox that does something to frame data that makes it possible. It is ridicullusly hard, anybody here that says it is reliable does not know their ass from their head.

Frame data is crucial, even at a beginners level. For instance, look at your main's ultra frame data. Ken's U2 is either 6 or  7 frame startup. This means, I can punish anything that has 7+ frames of recovery such as Dudley's ex machine gun blow, Zangief's ex green hand, some of Juri's pinwheel attacks etc.

Learn it.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang said:
    " @Jake_K: I dunno, there is something about being at the very very end of their hitbox that does something to frame data that makes it possible. It is ridicullusly hard, anybody here that says it is reliable does not know their ass from their head.  Frame data is crucial, even at a beginners level. For instance, look at your main's ultra frame data. Ken's U2 is either 6 or  7 frame startup. This means, I can punish anything that has 7+ frames of recovery such as Dudley's ex machine gun blow, Zangief's ex green hand, some of Juri's pinwheel attacks etc.  Learn it. "
    You don't need frame data to know that, you can learn that by playing.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stang
    @Jeffsekai: Not all of us like doing ultra's out of nowhere praying they will hit. Do what you want though.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lordofultima

Everyone is frightened of frame data, until they take the 5 minutes to understand what it's made up of. 

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang said:
    " @Jeffsekai: Not all of us like doing ultra's out of nowhere praying they will hit. Do what you want though. "
    It's not random if you sit an training mode and try it.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stang
    @Jeffsekai: That is a fair point. I much prefer just to scan over frame data though and highlight any move that has the certain amount of recovery frames I am looking for though. Much less time consuming/easier for lazy people like me.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @lordofultima said:

" Everyone is frightened of frame data, until they take the 5 minutes to understand what it's made up of.  "

do it 

someone explain to me how to read frame data.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lordofultima
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " Everyone is frightened of frame data, until they take the 5 minutes to understand what it's made up of.  "
    do it "
    Do what? I already understand frames. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME DO ANYTHING. 

Don't get my PVR until Tuesday anyway.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    do it "
    Do what? I already understand frames. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME DO ANYTHING.  Don't get my PVR until Tuesday anyway. "
    DONT MAKE ME PULL THIS CAR OVER
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lordofultima
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    do it "
    Do what? I already understand frames. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME DO ANYTHING.  Don't get my PVR until Tuesday anyway. "
    DONT MAKE ME PULL THIS CAR OVER "
    You don't have to! I'm opening the door and jumping out while it's in motion!! 

Stupid child safety locks.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Scooper
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @StaticFalconar said:
    They all seem safe to me...if you want unsafe look at Hakan. "
    Yeah... But doesn't your heart get warmed when you see Hakan's forward Fierce punch do a counterhit for 200 damage. I know it does for me. Maaaan that move is sweet when it hits. It's slow as hell but if it catches someone it does ridiculas damage.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Stang
    @Jeffsekai: What is so hard about looking at the numbers? All you have to know that one number is bigger then another, this is not exactly advanced statistics we are dealing with here. Don't they teach basic math in Canada?
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang said:
    " @Jeffsekai: What is so hard about looking at the numbers? All you have to know that one number is bigger then another, this is not exactly advanced statistics we are dealing with here. Don't they teach basic math in Canada? "
    what, I know how to read frame data.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lordofultima
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @Jeffsekai: What is so hard about looking at the numbers? All you have to know that one number is bigger then another, this is not exactly advanced statistics we are dealing with here. Don't they teach basic math in Canada? "
    what, I know how to read frame data. "
    I remember a while ago (in skype, caught on film) you said that Blanka's fierce punch has 0 start-up frames. That move is slow as hell.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Stang said:
    I remember a while ago (in skype, caught on film) you said that Blanka's fierce punch has 0 start-up frames. That move is slow as hell. "
    I know, but if you listen to it.... I say that cuz some guy on SRK said that then I went n looked n its 6 or 7 frame NOOB
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lordofultima
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Stang said:
    I remember a while ago (in skype, caught on film) you said that Blanka's fierce punch has 0 start-up frames. That move is slow as hell. "
    I know, but if you listen to it.... I say that cuz some guy on SRK said that then I went n looked n its 6 or 7 frame NOOB "
    banned.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Stang said:
    I know, but if you listen to it.... I say that cuz some guy on SRK said that then I went n looked n its 6 or 7 frame NOOB "
    banned. "
    YOU CANT BAN ME I AM CANADIAN!
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Stang
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Stang said:
    banned. "
    YOU CANT BAN ME I AM CANADIAN! "
    How about you scrubs use the reply button instead of the quote button so I don't have to read 13 million posts. Especially Jeff's, they make me want to curb stomp newborns.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Scooper
    @Stang said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Stang said:
    banned. "
    How about you scrubs use the reply button instead of the quote button so I don't have to read 13 million posts. Especially Jeff's, they make me want to curb stomp newborns. "

Don't you want to do that anyway? It sounds kinda fun.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lordofultima
    @Scooper said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Stang said:
    banned. "
    How about you scrubs use the reply button instead of the quote button so I don't have to read 13 million posts. Especially Jeff's, they make me want to curb stomp newborns. "
    Don't you want to do that anyway? It sounds kinda fun. "
    It is pretty sweet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.