Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Stop kicking me out of your lobby, k thx.

• 73 results
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Stang

This happening to other people? You join a random lobby, beat the host and then seconds later you get rage kicked? What is the deal with that? Either accept that you are not the best in the world, or make you lobbies private. This happened to me about 5 times yesterday, and although it brought a smile to my face knowing I beat somebody so bad they felt it necessay to kick me, it still is annoying. 

What ever happened to people wanting to play others who are better then them? How else are you going to get better?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

It happens to me after I beat someone (brutally), then face them again. Apparently people don't like to join matches where they KNOW they're going to lose. Personally, I never back down, because it makes you a better player, even if you get your ass kicked.

Avatar image for thelegendofluke
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

Only once or twice. 

Saying that, every other time I search for a quick ranked match, I get kicked out of the lobby before even playing :/

Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Colin

I dunno I mean if your way better than the other guy why would he want to stay and have no fun getting his ass kicked? :|
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stang
    @Colin: If somebody joined my lobby and had the ability to destroy me game after game, I would want nothing more then for them to stay until the end of time. Playing beasts ='s getting better.
    Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
    Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chubbaluphigous

I will kick someone I have already fought, but only in ranked.  Win or Lose, give me someone different.  In endless however, I will never kick someone for beating me. 

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By jaycee13
    @Stang:
    Its happened to me quiet a bit. Brings joy to my face every time but I can see how it would get annoying being as good as you are it must happen too often.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stang
    @Chubbaluphigous: That is understandable. If I host ranked, I typically kick people who I see more then once unless the previous game was close, regardless if I won or lost.
    Buttenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

#9  Edited By Buttenator

This happens to me quite often. Being stomped by Dan leaves a lot of people salty.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xyzygy

It happens a lot to me too. I hate it.

Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People still think Seth is the most rigged character ever, only because he's the boss.

I've been called an asshole for using the boss character because he's 'OP'.

QQ

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PureRok

I leave right afterward whether I win or lose. I don't really like playing the same person multiple times.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By TheHT
    @Stang said:
    " @Colin: If somebody joined my lobby and had the ability to destroy me game after game, I would want nothing more then for them to stay until the end of time. Playing beasts ='s getting better. "
    That's what you would do, not everyone.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Stang
    @jaycee13: In random endless battles I do not even use Ken unless somebody is really good, it is well documented that I am garbage with everybody besides Mr. Masters. People are just salty :(

@TheHT:

A lot of people I play with like to get better, not stroke their ego's by only playing people who they know they can beat. To each their own though.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Rhaknar

what are you even doing playing randoms stang? >_>

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Stang
    @Rhaknar: Variety is the spice of life I guess. Playing the same people over and over is a sure fire way to become a pattern player, no matter how good the people are you are playing. Randoms are well....random, and make me play in ways I typically do not play. The quality of play is not always the best, but it is new, which is great in my opinion.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By JJOR64
    @PureRok said:
    " I leave right afterward whether I win or lose. I don't really like playing the same person multiple times. "
    Unless they are my friends, I do the same thing.  That's why I like doing Ranked Matches.
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lilbigsupermario

This happened to me once or twice and it's annoying.  But I really don't mind it anyway, I just think they just want to have their own lobby.  What annoys me more are players who quit in ranked matches just before you actually beat them in the match. >:(

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By peacebrother
    @SuperSecretAgenda said:

" People still think Seth is the most rigged character ever, only because he's the boss.  I've been called an asshole for using the boss character because he's 'OP'.  QQ "

This.

I beat this Dudley player who wasn't bad. He busted out some ridiculous combo in the first round that stunned me pretty much instantly, and it was awesome.
    I got on the mic and said how awesome it was, and he proceeded to tell me how Seth is a bad character and I shouldn't use him.

Anyway, I check the replay to see exactly how much stun it did, and saw he was using turbo inputs! So I sent him a message saying "Turbo inputs? Seriously?".  He sent me back "boss character seriously?!?!?" It actually just makes me happier that I'm playing Seth when I get messages like that.

Now that we're done with that tangent, back on topic.
    People do this all the time, they would rather beat someone worse than them than risk losing. If I'm losing against someone, I keep fighting until I learn what the hell I'm doing wrong. Unfortunately most of Xbox Live and PSN don't think this way. It's a pain when I'm picking quick match and I keep getting paired up with the same people who want to kick me.
    EvilGreenDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EvilGreenDevil

I agree 100%. It's pretty annoying when people ragekick after a loss. Sometimes it's before we even play and has nothing to do with connection. I've even gotten messages like "fighting a dhalsim is boring". To each his own but no reason to act like an ass. 

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Fallen189

You think very highly of yourself.

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NoXious

I don't play fighting games but I'd hardly consider it a rage-kick. What if he just wants people around the same skill level?
    You're either blatantly noob-stomping, or the host wants to noob-stomp himself...

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sfighter21

Haha, this has happened to me in like every lobby I've joined.  LOL.  I'm not even that GOOD!!  Oh, and I'll give you an example of how I deal with these things.  In SF4, I joined this player match room with a guy who used Seth.  Out of approximately 20 matches, I won 1 time.  After that, I peaced out.  No matter how much he kicked my @$$, I refused to leave.  I HAD to beat him just once, and I knew I could, and I did.  I feel through that experience, I've gained the ability to better deal with Aggressive Seth players...

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tunaburn

i like playing guys better than me. but not so much better they just massacre me. then i dont see the point. i at least want to put up a fight. so if someone joins that i can barely touch in the match ill kick them. i dont play street fighter much though.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By raviolisumo

If I've played someone that was infinitely better than me and demolishes me I will kick them if they join again. I play for fun. Same things happens to douchebags that play cheaply.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By peacebrother
    @Wes899 said:

" If I've played someone that was infinitely better than me and demolishes me I will kick them if they join again. I play for fun. Same things happens to

douchebags that play cheaply. "

No offense, but it's that sort of attitude that prevents you from getting better.
    Things that people consider "cheap" are usually things that they haven't found a way to deal with yet. Learn how to better combat difficult situations, and you will become a better player.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CL60

Some people just don't like to get demolished every fight. They want to have fun and they don't consider that to be fun.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tunaburn
    @Melvargh:  some of us arent looking to "get better" we just want to have fun. like back in the day when your friends would come over and you all could beat each other. when youre in a game with a guy that just demolishes you over and over its not fun for some people. shit, half the time ill just put the controller down after the first round and let them finish then ill either leave or  kick them.
    peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By peacebrother

Don't get me wrong, if the difference in skill is astronomical, it's not going to be a learning experience; it's going to be a bloodbath. That's not the part I was challenging. 
    I was aiming my comment at the "cheap douchebags" line. Calling things "cheap" just seems sort of childish.

But yes, sometimes I forget that it's not only serious players that play this game.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheHT
    @Stang said:
    " @TheHT:   A lot of people I play with like to get better, not stroke their ego's by only playing people who they know they can beat. To each their own though. "
    It's fine to want to get better by playing people better than you, but wanting to play with people closer to your own skill set isn't by any stretch of the imagination stroking your ego.
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Melvargh: I can't believe people can be that stupid. This isn't KOF.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Plasma

I never rage quit or kick if I lose badly, I do however rage quit quite often when I lose because of bullshit. Like my ultra missing because their hitbox wasn't as it should be, or them mashing out ultra between my links. I'd never quit if they legitimately destroyed me, I love trying out my stuff and seeing how you can beat it. 

Buttenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

#33  Edited By Buttenator
    @Plasma said:
    " I never rage quit or kick if I lose badly, I do however rage quit quite often when I lose because of bullshit. Like my ultra missing because their hitbox wasn't as it should be, or them mashing out ultra between my links. I'd never quit if they legitimately destroyed me, I love trying out my stuff and seeing how you can beat it.  "
    So in other words, you rage quit when you screw up.
    raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By raviolisumo
    @Melvargh said:

" Don't get me wrong, if the difference in skill is astronomical, it's not going to be a learning experience; it's going to be a bloodbath. That's not the part I was challenging.  I was aiming my comment at the "cheap douchebags" line. Calling things "cheap" just seems sort of childish. But yes, sometimes I forget that it's not only serious players that play this game. "

By cheap douchebags, I meant folks that get in a couple hits and just jump back the rest of the time. That's not fun to me. Beating them won't make me any better.  
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By Jeust
    @Stang: You got wrong a word in the original post, that makes it hard to read. It's not "except" but "accept". 

Cheers
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By napalm

I'm a sore fucking loser and everybody on this forum knows it. If I'm playing people I know, even if I get beat, I can only take about five asswhoopings in a row before I start to lose my shit. 

And, I can't ever get more than three people in an Endless room anyway, so I've never had to worry about kicking people.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Scooper
    @Stang said:
    " @Colin: If somebody joined my lobby and had the ability to destroy me game after game, I would want nothing more then for them to stay until the end of time. Playing beasts ='s getting better. "
    If I fight someone in Ranked (I don't play public lobbies for reasons you've addressed) and they absolutely outplay me in every way I will instantly after I loose rush to Custom Ranked match until I see their name again and play them again. I played the #1 most played Xbox Live Ranked Guile about 10 times, each time I lost I'd find his name and join his lobby again. It was great, I learnt alot from just those 10 matches then a whole week of fighting randoms. There was an Abel player the other day that outplayed me, not by much but I quickly found him again and I played a few more. I don't mind loosing consantly if the player is far more skilled than me like that. It's better loosing to a great player and learning alot then beating on players alot worse and you not learning anything from it.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#38  Edited By 234r2we232

Children. If people don't want to play with you, they don't have to. No need to get all elitist and bratty about it. k. thx.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#39  Edited By yetiantics

I miss non-ranked quick matches... 
    Whenever i want to practice with a new character, i dont want to lose BP nor do i want to wait till 7 others have had their turn...
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#40  Edited By benpack

The weird thing is, is sometimes I'll get kicked out of a lobby right away. But then I'll happen to rejoin that lobby, and they won't kick me. Lobby Bipolar-ism.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41  Edited By jakob187

Confucius say "you're PP too big...get smaller PP and people will not kick you".

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By napalm

I also wanted to post my lulz to all the randoms that never visit the SSFIV forums, coming in here saying stupid shit when they obviously haven't even played the game.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Plasma
    @Buttenator: Yeah I guess so, I can accept defeat If I play my best, I guess it just annoys me that a small mistake costs me the match / gives them an undeserved win. Only way to solve that is to become perfect... or just accept my mistakes. 
    Avatar image for thelegendofluke
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheLegendofLuke
    @Plasma said:

" @Buttenator: Yeah I guess so, I can accept defeat If I play my best, I guess it just annoys me that a small mistake costs me the match / gives them an undeserved win. Only way to solve that is to become perfect... or just accept my mistakes.  "

This kind of sums me up. I can enjoy myself and don't mind losing until it happens 3 or 4 times from the same silly mistake I make at which point I get stupid angry and start making more mistakes. Why can I not just automatically be perfect at this? :(
    sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By sfighter21
    @PantyshotMQN said:
    " I miss non-ranked quick matches... Whenever i want to practice with a new character, i dont want to lose BP nor do i want to wait till 7 others have had their turn... "
    Create a 2 person endless lobby...problem solved.  heh.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AniMoney

Yeah I get kicked out of lobbies after beating people down sometimes too. I don't join endless randoms that much though. Ranked if I want to play randoms, endless for friends is how I usually do it. I never kick people because I'm salty about a loss or anything, I'm always looking to play good players. I will kick people who cheat(bison using turbo short is super obvious sometimes) or people that I have a laggy connection with though.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Stang
    @Fallen189 said:

" You think very highly of yourself. "

I do, and it is justified.

@sofacitysweetheart said:

" Children. If people don't want to play with you, they don't have to. No need to get all elitist and bratty about it. k. thx. "

Son, dont make a lobby open to randoms if you cannot handle the randoms whooping your ass. K thx.  

@Jeust said:

" @Stang: You got wrong a word in the original post, that makes it hard to read. It's not "except" but "accept".  Cheers "

Wow, you posted in this thread just to correct a typo....don't tell me that is how you get your kicks.

Trolls, stay out of the SFIV forums, your bullshit will not work here. We don't scare.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#48  Edited By 234r2we232

@Fallen189 said:

" You think very highly of yourself. "

Wouldn't you also if you spent all your time playing Ken in Street Fighter and reading Street Fighter forums? I mean, c'mon. We're talking PRO here, bro. These guys don't need social skills.

@Stang: Ah, the things some people will convince themselves of.

The logic button is typically located on the left side of your head. Thanks, Miles.
     The logic button is typically located on the left side of your head. Thanks, Miles.

Oh, and just to stay on topic. Oh no. Wah wah. People kicked me from their lobby. They are so bad. I am perfect. Blah. :)
    Sykosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sykosis

this happens on any fighting game, not just Street Fighter. this goes back to a discussion I was having with a friend of mine. how do you draw the line between casual people and people who are dedicated. people who are in it to "just play" will most likely boot you. sure it's out of spite but you also have to realize that a lot of these players don't have the ambition to get that good. Then you have the dedicated such as yourself and I. Now, we have more patience and enough drive to get better. The definitions of "cheap" and "Strategy" get really mixed up when the two groups collide. No doubt, both groups have the right to play but I think there needs to be a better way to divide rank and skill so that this kind of clashing won't happen.  

baelrrogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By baelrrogg
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    @Fallen189 said:

You think very highly of yourself. "

Wouldn't you also if you spent all your time playing Ken in Street Fighter and reading Street Fighter forums? I mean, c'mon. We're talking PRO here, bro. These guys don't need social skills. 

@Stang: Ah, the things some people will convince themselves of. 
      Oh, and just to stay on topic. Oh no. Wah wah. People kicked me from their lobby. They are so bad. I am perfect. Blah. :) "

@Stang: Looks  like your making new friends....

I have had this happen mostly in team battles for myself. I have had the worst luck in endless (gettign trounced trying to learn Dudley)... I have been kicked out of team battles 3-4 times now for beating the other team completely.  I would normally attribute this to my Sagat play style (overly defensive) which usually ticks off people, but I have been playing Dudley since the game came out.  

I have PM'd a few of the people that had kicked me to see why. Most did not reply. I did however receive a reply from an Abel player who called me cheap for pressuring him using lp MGB. This made my day. As long as I am being kicked out by people who don't even understand the game they are playing, I don't mind the occasional kick.  

As for people who kick people for giving you a trashing how do you live with yourselves? (and how do you ever expect to get better) 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.