Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

TE Stick: R1 vs R2 vs SSF4 edition

Pox22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pox22

Sorry if this is a stupid or redundant question (search yielded nothing), but is there any difference between the three or so versions of the tournament edition fightstick?  I ask because on amazon, the first one is $129.99, the second is $149.99, and the third is $134.61.  If there's a meaningful difference between any of them, I figure that'd be good to know.  If there isn't, I'll go with the first tournament edition, since it's the cheapest and (I think) best-looking.

Thanks for any insight, you guys have been really helpful!

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JokerSmilez

Nope, no difference. The parts are all Sanwa arcade parts, identical layout, etc.

The only difference is the 'S' version (the newest ones), don't have have rounded sides that kind of jut out or the bezel around the art, but that's purely cosmetic.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Scullinator

I had the same question when I was looking at the Marvel vs capcom TE Stick, I was told they all had the same parts.  Just different artwork.  As long as they are all the Tournament Edition sticks from Mad Catz.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Scullinator said:
    " I had the same question when I was looking at the Marvel vs capcom TE Stick, I was told they all had the same parts.  Just different artwork.  As long as they are all the Tournament Edition sticks from Mad Catz. "
    I have the MvC stick. It's slightly different in the layout of the RB/LB and RT/LT buttons. The buttons are in the same spot, but which is which is different. It's just 'Control Type B' in the options menu.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By lordofultima

The TE Round 1 and 2 are identical aside from color schemes. Full sanwa parts, OBSF-30's and a JLF. The TE-S has a slimmer casing, new artwork style, and added functionality to the lock switch (it locks the start/select buttons on the front of the stick now).

Pox22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pox22

Sweet.  Went with the TE Round 1, since it was cheaper and looked nicer.  Right from my first matches of SSF4, I got hooked and wanted to play it right.  Can't wait for it to arrive!

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JokerSmilez

I'm very tempted to get a TE-S stick. They look awesome! I kind of want a second stick so I can have friends over to play...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.