Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Syndicate

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Syndicate is a reinvention of the 1993 game by Bullfrog. Developed at Starbreeze Studios, the game puts players in the shoes of Miles Kilo, one of the cybernetically-enhanced Agents who wages war against enemy mega-corporations on behalf of EuroCorp, his sponsor syndicate.

Syndicate Trailer

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By ESREVER

Looks pretty awesome. I liked the Bullseye-esq gun that shot around the corner. But effin'a... get rid of the dubstep shit. Worst trend of 2011, dubstep in all trailers.

That said, I'm a fan of Starbreeze and this game is looking pretty cool.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
    James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By James_ex_machina

The shit looks badass!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

Looks good. For a shooter.
    It didn't need to be called Syndicate tho.

@idoublespy

said:

Courtesy of rockpapershotgun.com

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/29/the-syndicate-announcement-trailer/

It's taken Starbreeze less time to develop this game compared to Eidos Montreal for Deus Ex: HR, and this game looks a lot more polished and generally better then Deus Ex. And you can make comparisons.

• How did you get all that from a single simple short trailer?
    • It's generally easier and less time consuming to polish a simpler game. (and what was unpolished about HR anyway?)
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

@idoublespy said:

@Tennmuerti said:

• How did you get all that from a single simple short trailer?
    • It's generally easier and less time consuming to polish a simpler game.

Sure both of us could assume a personal opinion, but if you look at the the original Syndicate game, it was far from simple.

Original Syndicate was sure. This is an fps and so far they are yet to show anything in depth.

@idoublespy said:

If you know a Band/Director is working on a project, you have interest in it and have this predisposition as to whether or not it will be good. That's all.

That is a reason you think it will be better. That's fine. (although it's hardly the same Starbreeze anymore by the way)

It is hardly a reason to automatically say that game A looks better then game B just because you like the dudes working on it. Without actually having anything of the games to really compare.

Or assume a game's level of polish compared to another one based on a trailer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I am really fucking impressed. Now it's the choice between this and Prey2 that boggles me.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By mak_wikus

Doesn't look half bad. I also like how they squeezed some of the original music into that thing. Always a plus in the eyes of a fan.

dyong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By dyong

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

I am really fucking impressed. Now it's the choice between this and Prey2 that boggles me.

Why? Get both! (unless they turn out to be bad games)

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tennmuerti

@idoublespy said:

@Tennmuerti said:

That is a reason you think it will be better. That's fine. (although it's hardly the same Starbreeze anymore by the way)

It is hardly a reason to automatically say that game A looks better then game B just because you like the dudes working on it. Without actually having anything of the games to really compare.

Or assume a game's level of polish compared to another one based on a trailer.

I think you've missed the point completely. If you are one the the very few people who don't hold a "bias" to a developer, well then I applaud you, but you can't fault me for being human. It's in our nature to go with what we know, and unless you can look at the evolution of a company that has changed completely over time (Look at Square Enix) then it is usually pretty safe to say you have a pretty good understanding for what the developer stands for, and what they try to achieve each game.

Everyone knows Skyrim is going to be more Oblivion, and hopefully better, but you knew what to expect from Bethesda in terms of their design choices. So when you say that it's hardly the same Starbreeze, that isn't to say that they still aren't the same company that keeps their design choices somewhat constant. You also made a point to say that because it is a FPS game, it isn't going to be packed with content? I'm not looking for a homage to the original Deus Ex, or even the original Syndicate, but I would expect Starbreeze to attempt to have more content in this game then their previous titles.

Even if it isn't a 20 hour game, that isn't to say the experience will resonate and keep the game fresh in years to come. I can say Chronicles of Riddick still feels fresh after being out of my peripheral for nearly 4 years, and it came out in 2004. All I was innocently trying to say was that it seems like Starbreeze has less staff, less time, and probably a smaller budget and yes... just from a trailer of actual game play, the assumption is being made that it is going to be better then Human Revolution. But what do I know, assumptions make an ass out of both you and me, and I obviously have no knowledge this department.

I can only go by what's written in a post. Like I said i don't hold your bias against you (i like some developers more then others as much as any other guy) But it's one thing to be biased and another to say:

this game looks a lot more polished and generally better then Deus Ex

Based on a 2 minute trailer.

At least I think so.

Yes because it's and FPS game it is not going to have as much SP content as Human Revolution's 30+ hours. It's is inherently easier to polish simpler games. You can polish the living shit out of the 6 hour thrill ride like MW2, you can't do that with say Oblivion. And yes I loved Chronicles of Riddick too, more then most even. But a lot of people changed in Starbreeze to the point where many are saying it's hardly the same company.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Bouke

All i want to say is; thats one sweet soundtrack by Skrillex they used for that trailer!

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Funkydupe

The music was the best thing about the trailer. Very cool. (Still want the game to be something its not though)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.