Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

System Shock 2

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 11, 1999

Developed by Looking Glass Studios and released in 1999, this cyberpunk first-person shooter with RPG elements established new standards for storytelling and gameplay.

How scary is this game?

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By redcream

I'm undecided whether or not to play this game. I've heard so many things about it but taken aback because I still need an idea if I can manage to finish it. Some horror games that I finished already are Resident Evil 4 and 5, Dead Space 1 and 2 Bioshock 1 and 2 and The Ghost Mansion in VtMB. So can I handle this game?

tinautomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By tinautomaton

The main hurdle you'll encounter will be getting the game to run on a modern machine.

Once you do though, you'll have a blast. The enemy design is super interesting and creepy, and you'll certainly be able see the DNA of this game present in Bioshock.

predator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By predator

I assume you haven't played System Shock either, I recommend it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

He didn't ask about its quality, he's asking if it's really scary or not.

To that end, it doesn't seem any scarier than Dead Space was but I've personally never played beyond the tutorial. As for getting it to run on a modern machine, I don't remember finding it that hard. It only took me half an hour and I remember finding the resources easily and the instructions were pretty clear. You'll need to do that and then go through the gargantuan controls list to remap everything, which is what stopped me dead in my tracks from playing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.