Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales from the Borderlands

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 25, 2014

A spin-off of the Borderlands series of first-person shooters, Tales from the Borderlands is an episodic adventure game where a reluctant group of civilians try to strike it rich in the hostile world of Pandora.

Never played Borderlands proper, will I enjoy this?

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've heard such good things but do I need to play 1 and/or 2 first to appreciate this game? Thanks

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I doubt it. The story in borderlands was never the focus.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The game does have multiple characters from the previous games in it, but nah, you should be fine.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get the feeling that there's going to be a number of cameos throughout the episodes, but at least in the first episode it's nothing that should interfere with understanding or enjoying the story or characters. The only thing worth knowing is that Handsome Jack was the head of Hyperion and now he's dead.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

Your experience will definitely be enhanced if you've played the previous games but it won't be ruined if you haven't.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Depends. Are you in it for a Borderlands experience or a TellTales experience?

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You don't need to know the lore to enjoy this game, aside from references, you really aren't missing much. It's a fantastic lil game thus far and think everyone should give it a shot as long as they don't dislike the Teltale experience. It's funny and a lot of fun and is full on action after the first 15mins or so, and the action is handled incredibly well with very clear prompts.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bargainben

there are a lot of character callbacks. You don't need to be super familiar with the "lore" cus who cares, the Borderlands devs certainly don't. The story stuff is just means to do crazy gun things and having nutty characters. All you need to know is vaulthunters are good guy rogues and everyone else is a crazy asshole.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mike

Why not just get Borderlands 2 GOTY? It's a better game and way cheaper.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm in the same boat as you. I love TellTale games in general, but the Borderlands universe is pretty foreign to me lol

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Having played the first two Borderlands games and not caring for the story in either, I can say that you'll be fine by playing Tales From The Borderlands. It's actually really good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.