Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales

Franchise »

"Tales of..." is a role-playing game franchise. It is notable for being one of the first console RPG series to utilize a real-time based battle system in favor of the traditional turn-based battle system.

Help localize Tales games in the west!

CnD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CnD

Two brand new games in the Tales of series where announced for PS3 yesterday. They are Tales of Graces F and a completely new Tales of series game. Like Vesperia though, we fear these titles will not get localized. We still want Vesperia to get localized too. The internet has been uproaring about it lately and now you can help in the movement to localize Tales games in the west. All you need to do is follow this link. There are instructions there on what to do!

Please help. The PSN vote is currently at 1350 and the surveys are apparently over 3400!

Show Namco Bandai that there IS a market for Tales games in the west!

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

Done.

CnD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CnD
    @Icemael said:
    " Done. "
    You, sir, are a good citizen to the Tales land.
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Bigandtasty

lol, yet another enhanced PS3 port for the Tales series.

Anyway, I did it because Tales series is pretty enjoyable.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fallen189

I'd love to get TOV for the PS3 one day. Signed

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By Icemael
    @CnD said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " Done. "
    You, sir, are a good citizen to the Tales land. "
    Ideally it'd have been a petition to get the games released in all western territories, but even if they only get released in North America, I can import. Gotta love those region free Playstation 3 games.
    jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By jacdg

What, two new Tales games? I fucking loved Tales of Vesperia on the xbox so I'd gladly do anything involved with that series.

Stunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Stunt
    @JacDG:  I beat it twice. I NEED those PS3 additions. And those two new Tales!
    CnD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CnD

Thanks for all the responses guys! 

Keep 'em comin!

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By eroticfishcake

Never played a Tales game before but I heard they were good so yeah you got me.

CnD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CnD

For all those that want to help even more, place the link in your sig on other forums and stuff.

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
    peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

Done.

Stunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Stunt

Has anybody here played Graces? Is it any good? The PS3 version has a completely new story attached after the end. I'm looking forward to it, but want to know what the general audience who actually played and understood the Japanese version of the game thought about it.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jacdg
    @Stunt said:
    " @JacDG:  I beat it twice. I NEED those PS3 additions. And those two new Tales! "
    Twice? Man, I started a second playthrough on hard and only got to Flynn before I sold it. It's certainly one of my favorite games this generation, and it was my first Tales game so I want some new ones on the Next-generation consoles!!!
    Stunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Stunt
    @JacDG said:
    " @Stunt said:
    " @JacDG:  I beat it twice. I NEED those PS3 additions. And those two new Tales! "
    Twice? Man, I started a second playthrough on hard and only got to Flynn before I sold it. It's certainly one of my favorite games this generation, and it was my first Tales game so I want some new ones on the Next-generation consoles!!! "
    I hear you. 

That's what we're doing now. Telling Namco Bandai we want it.
    FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By FateOfNever

I don't know how I feel about this.  On one hand, the tales games used to be good.  

On the other hand, Namco Bandai flipped the bird to both the xbox and the wii with Vesperia (releasing the xbox 360 version with hints and tidbits of an unfinished game in there; which turned out to be Sony paying them money to make a second, superior, version for them and them only or threatening to never allow, at least, Vesperia to show up on a sony console) and Graces (where not only did they do the same thing, but released such a buggy product that they actually placed a recall on the game.)  Their blatant disregard for the xbox and the wii is just shady to me and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth - but at the same time, I know that those are just kind of the way things are done these days and people accept it for the most part, me included (i.e. GTA4 expansions, MW2 map packs, etc.)

On the first hand again, though, something like this could potentially start setting some kind better set-up for other companies in Japan to start doing Western versions of the enhanced games that they typically in the past have gotten, or, just even for some to take risks localizing games that they previously may have thought there would be no love for in the West.  

Though, other people certainly would enjoy a PS3 release of the enhanced versions of the game, and just because their whole practices as of late have left me bitter towards the series doesn't necessarily mean I should try to make sure no one outside of Japan ever gets to enjoy those versions of the game if they want to enjoy them; even if it may run the risk of sending the message to Namco-Bandai to keep up their shady dealings with Sony.  So I suppose count me in, even if I have no intention at the moment of buying any more Tales games for the foreseeable future, and I know a friend or two that would probably be interested in doing what he can to help as well.

CnD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CnD
    @FateOfNever: I hear what you're saying. However, I think this was all in the process of Namco Bandai finally figuring out which market is best for their Tales saga. Ultimately, it turned out to be Sony's console and with the announcement of a brand new Tales exclusively for PlayStation 3, that is clearly seen. I HIGHLY doubt that Nacmo Bandai would do what was done with Vesperia and Graces and release an enhanced version on Xbox 360 or Wii. Could you even release an enhanced version of a PS3 game on Xbox 360 or Wii? I know the Wii is a no for sure and I highly doubt they'd release it on such an unpopular console for the series. 

The Tales fan base is clearly at PlayStation and while some may remain at Nintendo or Xbox 360, the majority is clearly there.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @CnD said:
    " @FateOfNever: I hear what you're saying. However, I think this was all in the process of Namco Bandai finally figuring out which market is best for their Tales saga. Ultimately, it turned out to be Sony's console and with the announcement of a brand new Tales exclusively for PlayStation 3, that is clearly seen. I HIGHLY doubt that Nacmo Bandai would do what was done with Vesperia and Graces and release an enhanced version on Xbox 360 or Wii. Could you even release an enhanced version of a PS3 game on Xbox 360 or Wii? I know the Wii is a no for sure and I highly doubt they'd release it on such an unpopular console for the series.  The Tales fan base is clearly at PlayStation and while some may remain at Nintendo or Xbox 360, the majority is clearly there. "
    The Wii, not so much.  But the 360 could easily pull it off, and then it's only a matter of adding additional content.
    This was the sole reason I didn't buy Vesperia on the 360 - because I knew an enhanced version would come later.

Good sales will make a port inevitable, and they will once again release it with at least extra DLC built in.
    This is just how Namco work.  Hence their nickname..  Scamco.
    CnD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CnD
    @WinterSnowblind: I stand by my "evaluating each console" opinion. Take a look at Vesperia: 

Xbox 360 -  230k (US), 187k (JP) and 91k (EU) = 507k total 
    PlayStation 3 - 350k (JP) = 350k total 

Now imagine if the PlayStation 3 game was released in other territories, as well, especially in Europe where the PS3 install base is much higher than the Xbox 360. Then in the US, where the PS3 and 360 have an similar install-base, but where the majority of RPG fans are on PlayStation 3.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ch13696

Done and done. I'm playing Tales of Hearts right now on the DS. It's hard to catch onto the story since it's in Japanese. They should at least port it to Europe so we can get an english translation.

Stunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Stunt
    @ch13696 said:
    " Done and done. I'm playing Tales of Hearts right now on the DS. It's hard to catch onto the story since it's in Japanese. They should at least port it to Europe so we can get an english translation. "

I wouldn't be able to do that with an RPG. I need to know the story.
    CnD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CnD
    @Stunt said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    " Done and done. I'm playing Tales of Hearts right now on the DS. It's hard to catch onto the story since it's in Japanese. They should at least port it to Europe so we can get an english translation. "

I wouldn't be able to do that with an RPG. I need to know the story. "
    WORD! Which is why we need these games localized!
    CnD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CnD

Can I bump this?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.