Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

A little spying...

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Rockdalf

Found a new TF2 server to play on and am enjoying it pretty well.  Did a little spying on a match earlier, figured I'd record some of it and compile a video for viewing pleasure. 

The only thing that I'm unhappy with is WMM, as it doesn't seem very intuitive for me to work with.  FRAPS is just fine, and I'm using Windows Media Encoder to convert the .avi file to a .wmv, which works great, but Windows Movie Maker either drops the ball, or my knowledge on how to work it does. 

Regardless, this is what you get laides and gentlemen, enjoy.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ajamafalous

I'm surprised that Dead Ringer + Your Eternal Reward works so well. My biggest problem is getting the initial disguise since you can't cloak on command.

noibn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By noibn

Before the latest update, I had only played Spy for about 4 hours out of my 260+ total in TF2... I just didn't like it (a bit too "complicated" for my tastes). But I have actually been having a lot of fun with the Your Eternal Reward knife. It can be challenging to get the first kill, but that is part of the fun, and it makes it much simpler for me to deal with the class afterward, not having to manually change disguises all the time. I like using the Cloak and Dagger or standard Invis Watch with it.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jack268

WMM is shit. It's better to upload the file without editting(compress using Virtualdub) than using WMM. Not only does WMM look very unprofessional, it's also very unstable and just generally crappy.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rockdalf
    @Jack268 said:
    " WMM is shit. It's better to upload the file without editting(compress using Virtualdub) than using WMM. Not only does WMM look very unprofessional, it's also very unstable and just generally crappy. "
    How should I edit footage then?  I don't need transitions or anything, but I do need to find a way to compile several separate clips into one.
    Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

I really want to be better at playing Spy but I suck so much it just puts me off playing the class.  Maybe I'll try the Dead Ringer Eternal Reward combo. Not worrying about disguise could be a real help.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jack268
    @Rockdalf: A valid question. I don't know of any free video editing programs (Got adobe premiere from my school), but there has to be something out there to put clips together.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rockdalf
    @IncredibleBulk92 said:
    " I really want to be better at playing Spy but I suck so much it just puts me off playing the class.  Maybe I'll try the Dead Ringer Eternal Reward combo. Not worrying about disguise could be a real help. "
    Honestly, once your disguised, it's all in how you act (at least for me).  If you're staring at the enemy team, slobbering for a backstab, they'll call your bluff everytime.  But if you run from your allies like they're enemies, and not pay attention to your team (at the same time avoiding running into them) you'll eventually get behind people.  I find I do best when I'm defending on a Payload map, because the enemy team is usually all facing forward.  Sneak around behind, stab as many people as possible and cloak when the gig is up. 

I've got about 25+ hours on spy, which is more than any two other classes I play combined, yet still not a lot in comparison to many,
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tunaburn

how much does this cost on pc? and are their still people really playing? not just a couple servers?

monster9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By monster9999
    @tunaburn: Tons of people still play, its $20 but sometimes on sale for 10
    Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By IncredibleBulk92
    @tunaburn:  http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ 

24,000 people are playing Team Fortress 2 RIGHT NOW.  It's the 4th most played game on Steam and that includes 2 versions on Counter Strike lol.  I think its only about £10 but it's well worth whatever it costs. 

Hmm Payload maps do seem to be the right place to Spy when I think about it.  Everyone is focused on the front.  I suppose practice is the only way forward for stuff like this... Maybe after I reach captain in Halo Reach I'll give it a whirl.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By ajamafalous
    @tunaburn said:
    " how much does this cost on pc? and are their still people really playing? not just a couple servers? "
    I can't tell if you're joking or not.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rockdalf
    @ajamafalous said:
    " @tunaburn said:
    " how much does this cost on pc? and are their still people really playing? not just a couple servers? "
    I can't tell if you're joking or not. "
    There is no excuse for anyone who can tolerate FPS and owns a PC capable of running this game to not buy it, all my opinion of course.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.