Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Does anyone play TF2 on Xbox 360?

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By L4wz

I saw Orange Box at the game store the other day for only $15 and I plan on buying it for my 360 but is there anyone playing TF2 on Xbox 360 or is all the action on the PC?

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By PufferFiz

own both on the pc and the 360. Only play the pc version.  And honestly I don't why any one would when the superior pc version is out and get updated weekly.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By ImperiousRix

I did for a good long time after the Orange Box came out and then also returned a few months back.  The amount of players is definitely small, but in a way, it's a blessing and a curse.  On one hand, the players remaining all seem more respectable and team oriented than many other games on XBL, so the community is definitely a good one.  However, seeing as there are few players, you might have problems finding a lobby with a good connection to your area, and/or you'll end up facing or being teamed up with the same people.  
    On a side note, my biggest problem with the 360 version is simply it lacks any of the PC updates, so you're stuck with the stock maps/game modes and have no access to any of the class updates.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By L4wz
    @ImperiousRix said:
    "

I did for a good long time after the Orange Box came out and then also returned a few months back.  The amount of players is definitely small, but in a way, it's a blessing and a curse.  On one hand, the players remaining all seem more respectable and team oriented than many other games on XBL, so the community is definitely a good one.  However, seeing as there are few players, you might have problems finding a lobby with a good connection to your area, and/or you'll end up facing or being teamed up with the same people.  
    On a side note, my biggest problem with the 360 version is simply it lacks any of the PC updates, so you're stuck with the stock maps/game modes and have no access to any of the class updates.

"
    So the online community is like a small town where everyone knows each other?
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#5  Edited By ImperiousRix
    @L4wz:
    Wouldn't say it's QUITE that intimate, but it lacks the majority of a-holes, griefers, and/or obnoxious kids that most online games have.  If you wanna play the other games on the Orange Box and experiment with TF2, I'd say go for it, but buying it solely to try and get into TF2 might be asking a bit too much for the 360 version.
    Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Dark_Jon

Man, TF2 has evolved so much since its release. How many maps does the Xbox version have? 5? 6? Does it even have King of the Hill or even further back than that, Payload?

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By LordXavierBritish

TF2 on 360 has 6 maps, and only Capture the Flag and Capture Point modes.

I still play it on and off. I've usually only been playing the PC version during updates due ot the sporadic nature of my computer's history with suicide, but I play it quite frequently on the 360. The HD setup helps.

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rebirth1337

I played it once before I bought it off steam for 2 bucks. If anyone still plays the xbox version only they are missing out on alot.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I would play the PC version, but I don't have the money for one and for two I am not good at PC FPSs in the least and I doubt I ever will.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CowMuffins

The TF2 community on Xbox is either, vets who know what they're doing, or total scrubs who play spy without disguising. Nobody plays it though, and once you go to PC, you can't ever go back.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By L4wz

I would love to play it on PC but will I be able to use an Xbox 360 controller for it?

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EvilTwin

Regardless, for 15 bucks you're still getting HL2, Episode 1, Episode 2, and Portal.  Definitely worth your money. 

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RaikohBlade
    @L4wz said:
    " I saw Orange Box at the game store the other day for only $15 and I plan on buying it for my 360 but is there anyone playing TF2 on Xbox 360 or is all the action on the PC? "
    The Orange Box is worth $15 just for Portal. Do yourself a favor and forget about TF2 on the Xbox 360, you won't care about it once you play Portal and all the Half-Life games on it.
    BurningHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By BurningHunter
    @L4wz said:
    " I would love to play it on PC but will I be able to use an Xbox 360 controller for it? "
    Yes, you can play with a 360 controller. That's how I play the game, though it does mean I have a somewhat noticable disadvantage and it makes certain classes really hard to play. For example, there is no way in hell you can play a competent sniper w/ a 360 controller. But, if you can try to learn to play the game with a keyboard and mouse, then by all means take that route.
    imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By imhuntad

I wouldn't suggest buying it. There are no improvements for the game compared to the PC version. It's a real shame, because the game is rock-solid and a couple more maps and modes would go a long way. Imo, it could compete with MW2 and Halo 3 in sheer fun factor as an FPS if they updated it. It's just so fun and addicting and it's just cause the game is so fricken fun!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.