Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Fun fact about idling

Damolition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Damolition

As of August 23rd there are 32,824 people currently playing Team Fortress 2.
    At the same time 9959 people are using the idle program to try and collect hats.

So, roughly a third of the player base is using a third party program to idle for hats.  Am I the only one who finds this absolutely insane?

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

That is pretty crazy. :p

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Emilio

Well I would too if I knew how. I want me some of those damn hats, and you know damn sure when they have multiple hats, these guys are going to trade them for uber weapons when the trading system comes around.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

WOW thats all the people that are playing? I thought tf2 was like popular...

Damolition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Damolition

Sorry, should have given the source. 

Source

But as Supermooseman said, the stats are only relevant per day. I'm sure the overall player base is much larger.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By FlipperDesert
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " WOW thats all the people that are playing? I thought tf2 was like popular... "
    You do realise that's still a pretty good number for a 2-year-old PC game, right?

And I don't blame them, I haven't got one yet either.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

As well as probably a third of the servers up for the game are actually fake enirely for information gathering..you know, the ones that say like, 25/32 people playing, but actually have 0 people  90% of the time? Yeah...I wish valve would do something about that shit.

CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CharlieTuna
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " WOW thats all the people that are playing? I thought tf2 was like popular... "
    It's bigger then L4D and almost as big as Counter Strike. The game is huge.
    Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By IncredibleBulk92
    @pause422 said:
    " As well as probably a third of the servers up for the game are actually fake enirely for information gathering..you know, the ones that say like, 25/32 people playing, but actually have 0 people  90% of the time? Yeah...I wish valve would do something about that shit. "
    To be fair they have tried, they made it so that if players are joining a server and then leaving instantly the server loses points.  Eventually they stop showing up in the TF2 server browser.  Unfortunately people can make new servers very easily. 

Man I wish hats were just a little bit easier to get, it would be nice if getting all of the achievements for a class gave you a random hat for that class or something.  I've got soo many jars of piss now (and in the game).  All I want if a hat :'(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.