Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

how come there was no meet the pyro or medic?

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By lord_canti

theres been a meet the video for all other classes  and to my understanding the meet the videos come out with there  title update  but there hasnt been one for these classes is there a reason  or  am i wrong with the  meet the video comeing out with title updates?  *expects people to say the reason for pyro  is that shes a girl and there holding out for a reveal*

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By mracoon

Not necessarily, Meet the Heavy came well before he had his own update and so did Meet the Sniper.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The releases of the "Meet The" video's are seemingly random.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TheKidNixon

The video page certainly has a spot for a Medic and Pyro video. I suspect they're incoming once they think up a good idea for them.

And yes, I suspect that they'll keep the Pyro video for the last one and maybe, just maybe, show his/her face.

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By lebkin

I imagine the primary reason that the videos aren't out yet is because they being saved "for a rainy day" so to speak.  Everytime Valve releases a video, it gets talked about on every single video game site.  They can string this out as long as they want, creating free press for a two year old game.  So whenever the hype dies down again, they can release a video and get people excited.  Doing a trifecta of video, game update, and a free to play weekend probably generates a ton of sales.  Pretty good marketing plan if I do say so myself.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By End_Boss
    TheKidNixon said:
    The video page certainly has a spot for a Medic and Pyro video. I suspect they're incoming once they think ... [more]
    I sincerely doubt this. I think the mystery and speculation as to who the Pyro is will live on forever. Like Master Chief, we shall never see the match-happy prankster's face.

Also, I imagine it would be rather difficult to create a "meet the Pyro" vid due to the fact that everything he/she says is completely unintelligible (at least to these ears). As for the Medic, I'm sure there's one in the works (or already completed), and Valve is just looking for the proverbial bread basket to get a little thin before they release it to "re-hype" TF2.
    Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Bass

They have tried to work on both videos at length before. They just feel that the results they gained were not satisfactory, and resolve to create a video that truly captures the essence of that character. We'll see the remaining "meet the" videos once valve has created ones that they are satisfied with.

ibDeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By ibDeman

I can really see a meet the pyro. starts off with a kid staring into a fireplace. the flames reflecting off his face. someone is calling his name, but he is to entranced the camera slowly zooms into the childs eyes, and the flames reflected there. just as it zooms almost fully in, it strats to zoom out, and the pyro is now fully grown. the flames reflecting of his mask now.
    queue the pyro chasing around for a bit, and then an almost interview style, where he is asked questions, and we hear him and almost understand him (like kenny from southpark) he obviously gets more frustrated as the interview goes on, because the interviewer doesnt understand his mumbled replies. Ends up with the pyro torching the interviewer.

I know it needs a bit of work, but it can be done.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422

They said themselves they still would be working on a Pyro and Medic...they aren't releasing at any specific interval even though it may seem it. The Sniper was a released a long long time ago, and the Spy just recently. Its not like both were released at the same time for the new update or anything.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By dsplayer1010

All in good time

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By AgentJ

I guarantee they will have the pyro take off his mask, and under that mask will be another mask. 

I'm looking forward to both. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-596b8044e5f9a
    deactivated-596b8044e5f9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By PureRok
    @Bass said:
    " They have tried to work on both videos at length before. They just feel that the results they gained were not satisfactory, and resolve to create a video that truly captures the essence of that character. We'll see the remaining "meet the" videos once valve has created ones that they are satisfied with. "
    You know this because...?
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By turbomonkey138

good question :D

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By ajamafalous
    @PureRok said:
    " @Bass said:
    " They have tried to work on both videos at length before. They just feel that the results they gained were not satisfactory, and resolve to create a video that truly captures the essence of that character. We'll see the remaining "meet the" videos once valve has created ones that they are satisfied with. "
    You know this because...? "
    I know this is a goddamn fifteen month old post, but I figured I'd reply anyway: I read an interview with Robin Walker a while back where he said basically what Bass said.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By valrog

I see the practice of Necromancy is still strong despite the recent laws.

I'd rather see new "Meet The.." instead of comics and whatnot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.