Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Unusual Fancy Fedora!

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Rockdalf

Yay!  4 crates later, I finally got an rare hat drop.  As the title says it's an unusual Fancy Fedora, which has a circling TF2 logo (lame).  The worst part is I can't wear it unless I want to give up the bonus. 

Anyway, I captured it on FRAPS. 

So what has your luck been with Crate drops and have you gotten any purple items yet?
    Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

I didn't realise there were rare models.  That's pretty cool though.  I've been on a trading spree since the update.  I have 4 more hats now than I did a week ago

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rockdalf

Yeah, the rare models are new I think.  I've been trading for boxes like crazy but I'm going broke from buying keys.  I think that the keys are actually going to become craftable later on or droppable, because I've seen way too many boxes drop and I know that people aren't going to keep spending 2.50 to open them.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TotalEklypse

i have had no luck with crates and opened about 20 of em. i wana trade for an unusual. i have over 30 hats lmao.. including the DR suess hat for soldier lol. i'd trade some stuff for the fedora unusual in a heatbeat

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGremp
    @Rockdalf said:
     The worst part is I can't wear it unless I want to give up the bonus. 

Yeah, that part of the update is really annoying.  Hat's shouldn't have statistics...  I hope they change it.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rockdalf
    @TheGremp said:
    " @Rockdalf said:

Yeah, that part of the update is really annoying.  Hat's shouldn't have statistics...  I hope they change it. "
    It'd be nice if you could assign a hat's set bonus and wear another one, assuming they keep it the same way.  But yeah, I agree, you shouldn't have to buy an 18.00 hat for a set bonus.  I mean, that or wait for it to drop :(.
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Kyreo
    @Rockdalf said:
    " @TheGremp said:
    " @Rockdalf said:

Yeah, that part of the update is really annoying.  Hat's shouldn't have statistics...  I hope they change it. "
    It'd be nice if you could assign a hat's set bonus and wear another one, assuming they keep it the same way.  But yeah, I agree, you shouldn't have to buy an 18.00 hat for a set bonus.  I mean, that or wait for it to drop :(. "
    Or trade with someone else to complete your set. 

and I'm pretty sure the purple lettering means it is vintage... cuz all the weapons I have... er, well had before the update are now called "Vintage Axetinguisher" and are in purple lettering.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rockdalf
    @Kyreo said:
    " @Rockdalf said:
    " @TheGremp said:
    " @Rockdalf said:

It'd be nice if you could assign a hat's set bonus and wear another one, assuming they keep it the same way.  But yeah, I agree, you shouldn't have to buy an 18.00 hat for a set bonus.  I mean, that or wait for it to drop :(. "
    Or trade with someone else to complete your set.  and I'm pretty sure the purple lettering means it is vintage... cuz all the weapons I have... er, well had before the update are now called "Vintage Axetinguisher" and are in purple lettering. "
    No vintage is blue lettering, which are items you received before the update.  This item wouldn't be vintage because I unboxed it, which was released after the update.  Purple lettering means it is a rare item, which they call "unusual"

Also, you can trade to complete the set, you just can't trade goods bought with real money... cause you know that'd be wrong.
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jack268

I traded my crates for vintage weapons that I didn't have and a degreaser and a mackarel. If someone wants crates feel free to PM, I'll probably come across a few more I don't want. I'm not gonna pay money to unlock it so I have zero use for it. 

One man's trash is another's treasure :p

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rockdalf

Just going to update this thread to state that I got yet another unusual in a crate earlier.  Video coming soon of unboxing and I've yet to make a video of me showing both hats off. 

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ajamafalous

Wow, two unusuals? 

How many crates have you unboxed, would you say?

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rockdalf
    @ajamafalous: 18
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By scarace360

Man i want purps!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ajamafalous

Friend of mine has opened two crates.

His first was an Unusual Scottsman's Stovepipe.

His second was a Chieftain's Challenge.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rockdalf
    @ajamafalous said:
    " Friend of mine has opened two crates.  His first was an Unusual Scottsman's Stovepipe.   His second was a Chieftain's Challenge. "
    Wow, I wish I had that luck.  I'm pretty happy with my pulls though as it stands although I'm open to trading my unusual handyman's handle if someone had another unusual I'm interested in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.