Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Terraria

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 16, 2011

The first major 2D entry into the world of "open world" sandbox action-adventure games, Terraria is inspired by 16-bit platformers and allows players to mine for ores, craft new equipment, and fight monstrous bosses in a large procedurally-generated world.

Terraria 1.3 Private GB Community Server (Shut Down)

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By mike

@soulcake: oh ok, let me grab it. Thanks.

Now updated to current version on Steam which is 1.3.0.3

meccagojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By meccagojira

If you still are accepting people, I'd play for sure. I haven't played since beating the wall of flesh when that was new.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By mike

So we are currently talking about whether or not to start over in a new world and stay in Normal mode for awhile. We had a bunch of Terraria pros advance the world much faster than expected to the point where new players weren't really able to do anything due to a lack of experience and gear, myself included amongst them.

The current train of thought is to restart the server with a new world file and make the old one that was built up available for people to download if they wanted a copy of the work that was done. Another idea was to run two Terraria worlds concurrently, one for noobs and one for the pros in hardcore mode. I don't really want to split the already small community by doing that, though. Any ideas are appreciated, but I'm going to do something soon, as in tonight.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: I wouldn't be opposed to a restart. My favorite thing is just running around and exploring stuff, so a restart wouldn't bother me.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Well, we pretty much broke the world for everyone. Time for a clean slate! We promise not to do it again...

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By cmblasko

Yeah, jumping straight into a hard mode world with a fresh character is pretty tough. The server is still plenty of fun, though! At some point it might be fun to look into setting up PVP stuff.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We went ahead and restarted. I kept the old world file if anyone wants it.

This time, let's try not to race to the endgame as quickly. There are a lot of people who either have never played Terraria, or haven't played in a long time, so let's give them a chance to explore and have some fun.

YodaEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, this looks pretty cool! I came over to the forums, figuring I'd offer to host a server. Nice to see there's already one! I'd love to join in, if possible.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is the IP?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flasaltine: I'll send it to you. I'm not publishing it because I don't want every random fool in the world popping on.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

@flasaltine: I'll send it to you. I'm not publishing it because I don't want every random fool in the world popping on.

Alright, thanks.

Avatar image for blizzardbuffalo
    BlizzardBuffalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're still letting people in, I'm down for sure. Played a ton right when it first came out, want to hop back on and check out all the stuff I've missed.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

millionthlayla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to play :)

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I would like to play too please

DweezilX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hey MB,

I'd love to check out the new update and can't think of a better place to do it than with some duders. If you have room, of course.

Thanks,

Dweez

millionthlayla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Room for one more (small aquatic bird)

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things are great! Be sure to check out Jessonica's House of Bunnies and Lava to the upper right of the base and the tribute to Ryan Davis to the lower left.

NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If there's still room, I'd love to join in. I've only ever played single player. The GB crowd seems like a good group to start out multiplayer with.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If you're still handing out invites, I'd love to get in on the action. Never played Terraria with anything but a podcast accompanying me before.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: Last I remember, the number was 2,100 bunnies. Are we monsters? I think we're monsters.

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'll echo some of the people above, and ask for an invite if you're still handing them out. Have yet to play it, but now does seem like a good time to jump in head first.

cosmic_witch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'very put a decent amount of hours into Terraria without playing the multiplayer so I'd love to try that out with this new patch

GerbilsInSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would love to give this game another go, being a part of this server will make it at least a little more interesting.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorta interested, but I've only played like 30 minutes of the original Terraria. So... yeah. >.>

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want in! I'm kinda tired of playing Terraria solo. It's been a long time since I actually played with anyone else.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By mike

I just sent out a PM to everyone that needed one - let me know if I missed you!

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm a major Terraria noob and need people to play with. Playing solo is kind of boring for me.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mike

@rotnac: Sent!

Still plenty of room, at our peak times we have been running at about 5 or 6 concurrent players. The server can handle more, let's hope my ISP doesn't freak out though.

Danniku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey MB. Hero here on Danni's account. Do you have the old world file?. I was quite fond of that long rail to hell we built :D

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danniku: Sure do, I'll send you a PM. It's on my Google drive. Let me know if you can't access the file for some reason.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#85  Edited By mikemcn

Glad to be back playing Terraria, I'd love a chance to come see what other people are up to in it!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anarki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any room on the server? Would love to check it out

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anarki: Plenty of room! There are about 35 people with access to the server right now, but typically five or fewer on at any given time. I'll send it to you.

Pfhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Loving the server so far. I just put together 3 chests with assorted newbie gear for anyone who is just getting started and needs some various items to help them out. They are underground right when you spawn and I marked them with a sign.

Pfhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, how should we decide when to progress to hard mode? I know several of us are to the point where we can't progress any further until we unlock hard mode, and I'm pretty sure we have killed all of the normal mode bosses at this point (some of them about a dozen times).

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Sinusoidal

@capum15 said:

@sinusoidal: Last I remember, the number was 2,100 bunnies. Are we monsters? I think we're monsters.

More like 2400 now. Slowing down since we filled up the Hall of Bunny Banners though.

Pfhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just killed the Queen Bee and a couple of us killed Brain of Cthulhu and Slime King earlier so I think that's all of the normal mode bosses down. I crafted 8 Abeeminations though which will allow us to summon the Queen Bee a bunch more times for anyone else interested in fighting her. I also have a few spines and eyes left so we can keep summoning the Eye and Brain as well.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By mike

Well, if you guys are out of things to do again I guess go ahead and start Hard Mode. I suppose it was wishful thinking to have a more casual/noob friendly Terraria server with all of the experienced players we have putting a lot of hours into this world, but at least this time normal mode lasted two days instead of 24 hours.

I'm sincerely considering starting a second server for people who are brand new to the game and may want or need to take a slower or more casual approach to Terraria. If there is any interest in this from anyone else besides myself, please let me know. If it's just me and one other person I may not bother, but if it's six or eight that's a different story.

Pfhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Pfhor

Maybe we should try starting a second server on expert mode? A lot of the new items with patch 1.3 are on expert mode only and it still follows the usual normal/hard mode progression, just provides more of a challenge and much better loot.

We really aren't out of things to do, just all the bosses have been killed, which doesn't take long to do on normal difficulty. I'm messing around with my own expert mode server now and it seems pretty cool so far.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pfhor: I don't know much about it, but that's an option. Maybe the regulars on the server can discuss the state of things and come up with a consensus on which direction to go in.

Pfhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

@pfhor: I don't know much about it, but that's an option. Maybe the regulars on the server can discuss the state of things and come up with a consensus on which direction to go in.

Honestly I don't know much about it either. As I was saying on the server I'm pretty new to the game as well, I've just been talking with other players and reading the Terraria wiki trying to take in as much information as possible. I only started playing a couple of days ago, but I've been getting really into the game so far.

Expert mode doesn't seem super difficult so far. I've killed 2 bosses and they have both dropped unique expert mode only items which have been pretty awesome. I guess the bosses scale to the number of players on the server on expert mode,

NuclearWinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By NuclearWinter  Moderator

So I'm a complete idiot that fucked up by allowing some lava to flood our base and cause a bit of damage. I've repaired whatever I've noticed but I might be missing some.

Sorry duders, I'll leave the lava stuff to Jessonica.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15 said:

More like 2400 now. Slowing down since we filled up the Hall of Bunny Banners though.

Suppose we can add multiple squirrels and one me to that.

@nuclearwinter: If needed, I can try and help replace anything that's lost.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We ended up losing a few minutes worth of work this evening due to a server issue. Thankfully it wasn't anything too serious. Over the next couple of days I'm going to write a new script that will handle automatic backups and will save discrete copies of the world file periodically just in case we need to do a rollback or something like that. I'm still working out how exactly I want to do this on paper, but in the end it will be a much more robust backup system to ensure that all your work is kept safe.

NuclearWinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 NuclearWinter  Moderator

@capum15: Thanks, I think the only stuff still missing is a couple of signs though. That and the ropes in the left hellevator, where the lava drained down.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.