Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Terraria

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 16, 2011

The first major 2D entry into the world of "open world" sandbox action-adventure games, Terraria is inspired by 16-bit platformers and allows players to mine for ores, craft new equipment, and fight monstrous bosses in a large procedurally-generated world.

Terraria 1.3 Private GB Community Server (Shut Down)

NuclearWinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#202 NuclearWinter  Moderator

With the latest patch, the Steampunker now seems to be selling the Steampunk Wings on the server!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#203  Edited By mike

Server is now using TShock 4.3.5 for Terraria! This means we will have access to a lot more tools and options. Check out the TShock page for an idea of what the new server is capable of.

In the coming days, I am going to ask that everyone registers on the server with your Giant Bomb username - not your character name. Eventually this is going to be required, but it should only take you a few seconds. Thanks everyone.

mantonminnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Could I hop in? I would love to see the facilities

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mantonminnick: Sure, I'll send you an invite.

There is currently a known bug with this version of T-Shock where certain tiles aren't displaying properly for some players. Some graphics may look weird; this should be fixed soon.

Also, one of the best features of using T-Shock over the stock server: Knowing how many players are online without having to type in a command.

No Caption Provided

Pfhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenkane: It is and it isn't. It really helps having some friends teach you the basics and then experimenting for awhile. Minecraft had a lack of direction and end goal as it's problem whereas Terraria may have too many. Once you get a base level of items and gear however Terraria becomes very accessible.

We've been putting lots of gear and life gems in chests so that new players on the server shouldn't have much difficulty jumping into hard mode. Then it's fairly easy to go and mine some of the hard mode ores to build some decent gear and get your armor up pretty high.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By mike

@nuclearwinter For brand new players who want to play and have absolutely nothing in the way of gear - we could always /give them a basic set of armor and a decent weapon and get their life bumped up a bit. What do you think? At least that way they would be able to survive for more than 2 seconds against a basic creature. This is easy to do now with Tshock.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Can I get in? My request got lost at the bottom of the previous page.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

snipe91594

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 13

@mb: can I get the registration info?

killafoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jessonica an i found some sort of portal to another dimension and kept getting kicked. Im scared

killafoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think we killed the world. help

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright I rolled it back 20 minutes. Let me know if that fixed it, otherwise we can go back a bit further.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Sinusoidal

The giant disconnect hole is still there though it doesn't always disconnect you. It's in the underground Crimson to the far east, just before the ocean. If you go down a ways past all the altars, you can't miss it. There are also quite a few of those graphical glitches you were talking about.

I tried to take a screenshot, but Terraria and alt-print screen do not cooperate.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: Can you put a sign around the area or something so people don't go in there? Or maybe wall it off or something?

Also if you're looking for an alternative for taking screenshots, the MSI Afterburner overlay works well in virtually every game, and the screenshots are pretty high quality as well.

NuclearWinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By NuclearWinter  Moderator
    @mb said:

@nuclearwinter For brand new players who want to play and have absolutely nothing in the way of gear - we could always /give them a basic set of armor and a decent weapon and get their life bumped up a bit. What do you think? At least that way they would be able to survive for more than 2 seconds against a basic creature. This is easy to do now with Tshock.

We are currently filling the chests with legitimately found gear faster than they are being taken by new players, so I don't think there's any need for that at the moment. There's enough Hallowed bars alone to craft 4 full sets of armor, plus a bunch of other ores.

The one thing that might be needed would be life crystals, since there's a limited number in each world.

@sinusoidal

I'll need you to show me where this giant disconnect hole is later so I can screenshot it and report it to the tshock guys.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I took a picture with my phone:

No Caption Provided

That's the eastern edge of the map. It's trippy as hell if you can get in without getting disconnected. Enemies constantly dying, teleporting around, money falling from the sky, bits of the world appearing randomly...

Avatar image for fractal_seaweed
    fractal_seaweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By fractal_seaweed

I'd love to get the server connect info, if you folks aren't too full on players at the moment. I just started replaying after Rorie showed off the server (looking super rad by the way!). I'm still trying to do a lot of progression on my own so I can learn all the new content... It's been a while since I last played, heh.

Does the lava generator still work? When I found out about that machine, I made one right away just so I could have a ton of building materials. Edit: I just realized that no one might know what I'm talking about. But basically it's a device that abuses how water and lava generates to create an infinite amount, all to create a limitless amount of obsidian.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By mike

Server crashed awhile ago. It'll be back up around 0700 Pacific.

darichardson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey @mb, would love to get the registration info!

NuclearWinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 NuclearWinter  Moderator

Permissions should now be fixed so that all users can again use summon boss items, the RoD and tell NPCs to move homes.

Please be aware that the Drill Containment Unit is still currently disabled and the server will automatically kick you if you try using it (just rejoin and don't use it).

Avatar image for killerwaffles05
    killerwaffles05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like an invite to the server

gonzosnot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It's been a while since I've played Terraria, but I'd like to hop back in, could I get an invite?

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

so is this open for use yet? i'm game for some gb fun.

BEATHOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, do people start with a brand new character or do do they bring one that's already geared up?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Hey, I'd like to get in on this please.

I never got very far into Terraria, even though I've got 40 hours logged. Furthest I got was building a sky arena to summon and fight the Eye of Cthulhu.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By mike
    Avatar image for deactivated-64c89b592b282
    deactivated-64c89b592b282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

I would like to see some Terraria X Giantbomb fun.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By mike

Just a quick update. Things seem to be going pretty well using the new Tshock server, barring a couple of weird bugs especially centered around the Cultists and a weird sort of black hole thing that will disconnect you, but these are relatively minor. Hopefully there will be a Tshock update soon to address these things. With Tshock, we have a lot more tools and options at our disposal than we did under stock Terraria, and the automatic backup function is pretty slick. I had spend hours writing and perfecting a Python script to save incremental backups of our old Terraria server and it was working great, but now all of that is built right into Tshock. I am saving a hard backup every ten minutes and keeping all of those saves for 48 hours, and keeping at least 8 save states per day and keeping all of those for at least a month. That way there is no chance of all of your hard work being completely lost; at the most, if the server crashes and doesn't get to save a crash file then you're looking at less than ten minutes of data loss. More likely, it will be less than that.

Over the coming days and weeks as we become more familiar with this new server, @NuclearWinter and I will be testing out some different plugins for Tshock. There are a lot of cool plugins out there that can add a lot to Terraria, so if there is anything in particular you would like to see on the server going forward, please mention it in this thread and we'll take a look at it. Speaking of NuclearWinter, he has full administrator privileges for the server and access to almost all of the same tools that I do, and he and I have worked together moderating the site since day one, so if he asks you to do something or says something regarding server rules or something like that and I'm not around, I trust his judgment to do what's best for everyone and the server.

Speaking of administration, please make sure you are registering your Giant Bomb usernames on the server and setting a password for yourself. Note that this is not your character name. Soon, everyone is going to be required to log in with their GB usernames when playing. At first, this won't be more than just having access to a user group with possibly enhanced features and privileges, but eventually you won't be able to play at all unless you are logged in and authenticated under your GB username. Once you are connected to the server, type /login help for instructions on creating your login and password. Note that I do NOT have access to your passwords, so please make sure that you choose an easy password that you will remember and write it down somewhere. It doesn't have to be super secure unless you're an administrator, and right now that is only NuclearWinter and myself. Note: I realize that typing in terminal-like text commands may not be as easy as it sounds for some people, or maybe you can't get the syntax correct or something like that. In those cases, if you need help, I can register for you and then send you the password on Giant Bomb. You'll still need to log in manually though, of cours.

Thanks to everyone for making the server as awesome as it is, a lot of good times have been had there and we're just beginning! Again, please let one of us know if you have any ideas that you would like to see implemented on the server.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By mike

Also a note for new players who want to play but don't have the appropriate gear to survive in Hard mode: now that we have Tshock, we can quite easily gift you a set of appropriate armor and a decent weapon, enough to get you started anyway. Your health can also be increased to an appropriate level so you don't die in one hit from a slime, since evidently the items to permanently increase your health are now exceedingly rare.

Send me a PM and I'll sort you out. We may be on Hard mode, but this isn't hardcore MLG Terraria. We want everyone to have fun, and having the appropriate gear and stats on a new character will go a long way towards that.

Dhutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Dhutch

@mb: I would like to play! I super love single-player Terrarria, but..... CHAOS!

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I missing something? How do I join the server? Is there an IP Address I need or do I search Giant Bomb or something?

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MB sends you the IP address and password in a private message. It's not posted anywhere, otherwise vandals would come in and blow everything up.

Avatar image for sexylocalsingles
    Sexylocalsingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love an invite to the server, playing with other people who love GiantBomb sounds like a blast

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is still running I'd like to hop in!

DocWattson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love an invite please suger top wtfbbqbagels

thefonzie22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I get that info?

NuclearWinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 NuclearWinter  Moderator

Terraria was updated to 1.3.0.6 today. Please keep in mind that if you patch then you'll not be able to connect to the server yet.

ArmedBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would like to join the server, if at all possible.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terraria was updated to 1.3.0.6 today. Please keep in mind that if you patch then you'll not be able to connect to the server yet.

Ooops. Mine updated automatically. Guess I won't be playing for a little while.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By mike

Server is now running a development build of TShock for Terraria 1.3.0.6, so if you auto-updated via the Steam client you should be good to go now.

If your Steam client is updating files even if you have marked them as read only, you can copy your entire Terraria installation directory over to another folder and Steam won't touch that one, and the old .exe will continue to work.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'd love to hop onto the server, if possible!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.