Pre-Order Bonus News

#1 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Pre-order Bonuses: (Xbox 360 and PS3 versions only)

Amazon & Best Buy: You get to play as a fully voiced web-slinging Stan Lee with extra missions.

Gamestop: You can play as Rhino in a game mode called Rhino Challenge.

Does anyone plan on picking this up when it's released next month? If so, do you plan on pre-ordering? There really isn't much talk about this game on the forums.

#2 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I am really curious about this game.

#3 Posted by Redbullet685 (6036 posts) -

Actually looks really cool. The parkour and movement looks very solid and the adoption of the Batman: Arkham Asylum fighting system was smart. Definitely a rental from me.

#4 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

@Redbullet685 said:

Actually looks really cool. The parkour and movement looks very solid and the adoption of the Batman: Arkham Asylum fighting system was smart. Definitely a rental from me.

I thought it was interesting when the combat was described as "dancing with the enemy".

#5 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

This is probably one of the best pre-order bonuses ever.

#6 Posted by Redbullet685 (6036 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

@Redbullet685 said:

I thought it was interesting when the combat was described as "dancing with the enemy"

Well if it is really like Batman: AA then that's a good way to describe it. Batman:AA's combat definitely does have a rhythm to it.

#7 Posted by Coafi (1484 posts) -

Oh boy, we get to play as Stan Lee?! My dream come true!

#8 Posted by zeekthegeek (390 posts) -

@Redbullet685: Yah - as Rocksteady will tell you, it was LITERALLY a rhythm game at one point in development.

All told, I am pretty excited for this. Shattered Dimensions was one of the best Spidey games easily, even if Echoes of Time failed to even remotely approach it in quality - probably due to the one year turn around, yeesh.

#9 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5230 posts) -

I think that Amazon won that one.

#10 Posted by Landon (4139 posts) -

@zeekthegeek said:

@Redbullet685: Yah - as Rocksteady will tell you, it was LITERALLY a rhythm game at one point in development.

All told, I am pretty excited for this. Shattered Dimensions was one of the best Spidey games easily, even if Echoes of Time failed to even remotely approach it in quality - probably due to the one year turn around, yeesh.

Shattered Dimensions was an exercise in monotonous repetition. Web of Shadows was a much better game, despite it having the almost exact same problems but WoS had the fun of swinging around an open city and much more visually interesting combat.

#11 Posted by zeekthegeek (390 posts) -

@Landon: Despite the open world stuff I found Web of Shadows a complete mess and gave up on it pretty quickly. SD I at least bothered to finish.

#12 Posted by Landon (4139 posts) -

Also, I can't seem to find any actual gameplay of this. This comes out in a month, but It's all trailers. I think it's going to suck.

#13 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

I'll wait for the inevitable price drop. Most of these movie licensed games drop like a rock in price a few weeks after release.

#14 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3075 posts) -

Okay, for Stan Lee, I might do it. Maybe. That is really awesome.

#15 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

Is anyone seriously going to choose the Rhino bonus over the Stan Lee DLC?

#16 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@Landon said:

@zeekthegeek said:

Shattered Dimensions was an exercise in monotonous repetition. Web of Shadows was a much better game, despite it having the almost exact same problems but WoS had the fun of swinging around an open city and much more visually interesting combat.

I lie somewhere in between. I thought Shattered Dimensions had great level and boss design with a severe lack of polish and busted web swinging. On the other hand Web of Shadow was polished to a shine with fantastically great web swinging but had the most mundane and boring mission and boss design. Over all I think I actually preferred playing through Shattered Dimensions.

#17 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Saw an image of this over at gamestop when there earlier & just thought that the new look of the Rhino in this game (possibly movie too) looks bad. Rest of the preorder bonuses don't look bad, wonder if the game is going to be fun.

#18 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2295 posts) -

@Apathylad said:

The Rhino stuff seems like better gameplay, but Stan Lee is an awesome gimmick

#19 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook said:

@Apathylad said:

The Rhino stuff seems like better gameplay, but Stan Lee is an awesome gimmick

The Rhino bonus is a timed event where you have to destroy as much of the city as possible.

#20 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

In the UK if you pre-rder through Amazon you get the Rhino challenge instead of the Stan Lee thing.

But anyway, I hardly ever pre-order games, unless I know I am 100% going to enjoy them. Beenox in my opinion hasn't made a good Spider-Man game, not even good games really. But I just hope that the reason the past two games were kinda shitty was because they were hard at work on this one.

#21 Posted by darkvare (765 posts) -

i've heard its pretty good and honestly i love spider man games just to sling around the game world

#22 Posted by JustPlainLucas (31 posts) -

God damn... I hate having to pre-order games to get bonus content... but I think i need that Stan Lee!

#23 Posted by Jedted (2346 posts) -

Is the Stan Lee thing only for pre-orders or just an amazon exclusive? I'm looking at the amazon page right now and they still got the bonus info up.

#24 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

Now that's a pre-order bonus.

#25 Posted by StriderNo9 (1087 posts) -

I was just about to ask if anyone knew if the Stan Lee extra came from anyone other than Amazon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.