morrelloman's The Amazing Spider-Man (PlayStation 3) review

New Direction Success

Having played most all of Beenox's Spider-Man games I found this one to be a great addition. As a semi-movie-tie-in the story is compelling by piggybacking on what a surprisingly enjoyable albeit a bit to soon reboot. The combat goes Batman and the web swinging goes theatrical. I think the diversity of the efforts of the past four Spider-Man games, (some open world, others with a refreshing throwback to linear levels) lead them in the direction to create this hybrid and be successful doing so. Don't expect to fall in love with this game, but play it and enjoy it. Much like the movie this story has been told before, but that doesn't mean it's not worth hearing again.