Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Binding of Isaac

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 28, 2011

A twisted twin-stick shooter from one of the designers of Super Meat Boy. Players take control of Isaac, a young boy who delves deep into the dungeons of his basement as he is hunted by his deranged mother.

Item idea thread.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Thought of some cool ideas for items in The Binding of Isaac? Go ahead and post them here! Here is one -

How about an item that when you pick up a full heart when you only have half a heart to fill it spills over the other half into a soul heart? Might be interesting, tell me what you think.

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#2  Edited By ADAMWD

@NekuSakuraba said:

Thought of some cool ideas for items in The Binding of Isaac? Go ahead and post them here! Here is one -

How about an item that when you pick up a full heart when you only have half a heart to fill it spills over the other half into a soul heart? Might be interesting, tell me what you think.

An item like that would be great, but there might have to be a limit on it. I can remember times where I had a bunch of coins to blow on the slot machine, and I ended up with probably a total of 8 full hearts that I couldn't use. Having those as soul hearts, would have been a little too easy.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @ADAMWD

@NekuSakuraba said:

An item like that would be great, but there might have to be a limit on it. I can remember times where I had a bunch of coins to blow on the slot machine, and I ended up with probably a total of 8 full hearts that I couldn't use. Having those as soul hearts, would have been a little too easy.

What I meant was when you have half a container to filo and take one full heart the other half would change into a soul heart. Now that I think of it, it wouldnt be that great since you could only have half a soul heart at a time (that you get from the item anyway)
    Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Valames

Spear of Destiny. A spacebar item. When you use it you stab yourself and lose a heart but become 2x stronger.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rockanomics

I felt like there should have been something that uses coins as ammo, Zelda bow + arrow style.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Winternet

@Valames said:

Spear of Destiny. A spacebar item. When you use it you stab yourself and lose a heart but become 2x stronger.

That already exists does it not? The Razor thingy. I'm pretty sure that's what it does.

@Rockanomics said:

I felt like there should have been something that uses coins as ammo, Zelda bow + arrow style.

Well, there's one that counts your coins and turns the value into damage.

I feel like the items that already exist are powerful enough for the current levels & enemies. Unless the newer items are weaker (which then no one would use them), newer items should come with newer and tougher enemies & levels. Maybe a difficult setting?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#7  Edited By BeachThunder
    • Holy Hand Grenade (space bar, 6 rooms) - destroys everything in a room, including rocks, secret doors; maybe it could even fill in holes and remove spikes.
    • Bullet Proof Vest (passive) - Every 3rd hit you take from a projectile will be nullified.
    • Midas Touch (space bar, 6 rooms) - has the ability to create a gold chest in any room
    • Five Finger Discount (passive) - Every shop you visit will have one randomly free item.
    • Aura (Space, 3 rooms) - like the book of shadows, except it also pushes enemies away from you. Good for pushing enemies into spikes or fire.
    • The Lift (Space, one time use) - takes you back up to the previous level, as in, the exact previous level you just came from. Useful for collecting an item you had to leave behind.
    • Brain Surgery (Space, 6 rooms) - turns you into a Knight (zombie with exposed brain) for one room. You can only be hurt by projectiles from the back.
    • Waterworks (passive) - Shoots tears in all 8 directions, lowers rate of fire though.
    • The Fly (passive) - Turns Isaac's head into a fly's head. Isaac now shoots friendly flies. I suppose this would mostly be a novelty upgrade since it would suck, but it would still be awesome.
    • Firestarter (Space, 1 room) - Randomly creates several fires throughout the room (short recharge because it could potentially start a fire under Isaac himself).
    Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Valames

@Winternet: I have not collected everything, so it is very possible. =D

Peedle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Peedle

An Arrow Effecting Item, Called The Pew Gun! It Unlocks When You Get Video Game Stuff (Meat Cube, Little C.H.A.D, Steven, Little Steven) It Increases The Firing Speed Insanely, But It Decreases The Damage. Its Visual Effect Will Make Isaac's Face 8-bit (his eyes will be pixels, and so will his mouth) The Shots Will Be Green.

Another Idea Is A New Tarot Card. "The Angels". When You Use It, You Get Wings, And All Enemies Take Damage. Your Arrows Will Be Replaced With Holy Beams (Fully Charged Chocolate Milk + Technology Effect) If Used On Mom, Mom's Heart, Or It Lives, Then It Won't Have Any Effect. If You Use It On Satan, It Will Reduce You To A Half Heart. (Same Effect As Chocolate Milk, Technology, XIII Death, And Lord Of The Pit) (Lasts Till You Leave The Room)

Next Idea: ???'s Charm. A Spacebar Item. Charges After 6 Rooms. It Converts All But A Half Heart Of Yours To Soul Hearts. Your Health Is Not Lost Though, Its Just Empty. VERY Helpful When The Level Is Littered With Hearts Before A Big Boss. Unlocked By Defeating The Fallen 3 Times (Including The Satan Fight)

Another Idea: Mr Meme. A Spacebar Item, Random Recharge Depending On What It Does. Its Effect Is Random, But It Can Do: Nyan Cat (Shoots Rainbows In 4 Directions, Similar To The Fallen, This Ability Charges From 2 Rooms) Creepypasta (All Enemies Are Turned To Stone, Charges From 5 Rooms) Arrow To The Knee (All Enemies Take Low Damage And Move Slower, Recharges From 3 Rooms) Mr Meme Unlocks From Beating Many Bosses, Any Of Them Count. I Don't Know The Average Bosses Beaten, So I Can't Really Lay Out A Good Amount.

LingLing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LingLing

Oh, hi... Sorry I'm a bit late!

Coffee Mug: Character's speed and tear speed increase by one. Every time you reach yourself with only a half heart left, both of these stats go up again by one. Found in Shop.

Stuffy Nose: Character begins to sneeze snot onto the enemies, with a one in four chance of slowing them down. Found after receiving Virus in Boss Room or Treasure Room.

Hot Sauce: Spacebar item: When used, the character begins to shoot hot sauce, which lights enemies on fire, inflicting passive damage upon them for a little bit.

Microphone: Instead of crying, the character resorts to singing very badly into a microphone, creating flat and screeching notes that hurt enemies. The sound comes in waves in front of the character, so it can hit multiple in one go.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.