Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Apr 07, 2009

Both a remake and expansion to the critically-acclaimed Xbox and PC title The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Dark Athena features both the original campaign, an all-new campaign and new multiplayer modes.

After the ending (spoilers)

stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By stafax

So is the ending hinting towards a third game? Because The way the game ended, it still hasn't connected with Pitch Black. Riddick isn't captive under Johns, and Lynn is with him. You guys think there will be a third game? Something will happen to Lynn and that game and Johns will come back to capture Riddick?

And on a side note, I disagree with most of the review sites that have been saying Butcher Bay is obviously better than Dark Athena. I just beat this game, and I think they are both on equal levels. I liked the adventure part more in Butcher Bay, but I think they did a better job with the characters and story of Dark Athena. The gameplay was a bit more action packed, but I think it was just as stealthy due to spider turrets everywhere.  I don't see this game as inferior at all.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By c1337us

I Agree, I thought that Dark Athena wasnt far off the mark that Butcher Bay set but I would still rate it slightly ahead. I dont about a third game though, maybe. I'm not sure that the gamer were ever supposed to bring you to the exact begining of Pitch Black, not that I have ever heard though.

stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By stafax

I don't expect them to get to the point before Pitch Black, but I do at the very least expect them to explain what happens to Lynn since she's not in any of the movies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.