Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Curse of Monkey Island

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 31, 1997

The Curse of Monkey Island is a point and click adventure game from LucasArts. It is the third game in the Monkey Island series and features the swashbuckling theme, eccentric puzzles, and humor that the series is known for.

Never played the first two

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

I have never played "Secret of Monkey Island" 1 or 2 so I was wondering if I can play this one without any background knowledge of those two previous games?

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Absurd

That's where I started, I'd say you'll still enjoy yourself.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By L33tfella_H

the first 2 games tie in with the story a bit, but other than that...you'll just miss some in-jokes and characters/events from previous games. So it's not that big a deal.

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

OK sounds good. As long as it won't prevent me from making it through the game then that's fine. Perhaps I'll play the first two after this one.  

Cheers.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By jimbo_n

You´ll miss out on characters and references that heighten the game experience but its not vital for your enjoyment of the game. 
    You really should not miss the other two tho. Great great games.      
    The best way would really be to start out with the recent remake of MI1, then try to get your hands on the 2nd one, but if you cant, go on to the third one. 
    As a big fan I really recommend playing the first one before you go for MI3.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I played curse before I played the first two, an was fine but with Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition being out, I'd suggest playing that first.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.