Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Dog Island

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 06, 2008

"The Dog Island is a game from Yuke's which puts you on an Island with Dogs." -EB Games

Succinct Impressions for The Dog Island

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

Edited By JackiJinx

These puppies are adorable. Nauseatingly adorable. Seriously, staring at my main pooch as she was frolicking with a blue bird hovering over her head playfully in Snow White style? I was getting physically ill. Really. The object of the game (thus far) is getting medicine for a sick sibling. I'll be stealing it for myself, thanks.

Also, could there have been more sniffing? Leveling by discovering smells. Seeing as I do not have a sense of smell, I'd epically fail at life if this was how things really worked. Thanks for pointing that out to me The Dog Island, or should I say, THE DOG Island like every island likes to shout?

And please don't let the rest of the game be more scratch and sniff adventures. Seriously, sniffing for dirt and pawing at it to clean it up on a ship shouldn't be how you clean the deck. Almost clever. Almost.

I'm going to keep on trucking on this one. I'm letting my five dollars go to complete waste. I'd love to hear more classic phrases like "On the other paw..." and "Hiya! Have you ever touched a fish?" and such classicly named places such as Treely Woods.

Instant. Classic.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#1  Edited By JackiJinx

These puppies are adorable. Nauseatingly adorable. Seriously, staring at my main pooch as she was frolicking with a blue bird hovering over her head playfully in Snow White style? I was getting physically ill. Really. The object of the game (thus far) is getting medicine for a sick sibling. I'll be stealing it for myself, thanks.

Also, could there have been more sniffing? Leveling by discovering smells. Seeing as I do not have a sense of smell, I'd epically fail at life if this was how things really worked. Thanks for pointing that out to me The Dog Island, or should I say, THE DOG Island like every island likes to shout?

And please don't let the rest of the game be more scratch and sniff adventures. Seriously, sniffing for dirt and pawing at it to clean it up on a ship shouldn't be how you clean the deck. Almost clever. Almost.

I'm going to keep on trucking on this one. I'm letting my five dollars go to complete waste. I'd love to hear more classic phrases like "On the other paw..." and "Hiya! Have you ever touched a fish?" and such classicly named places such as Treely Woods.

Instant. Classic.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Does the box make an effective dog toy? Also, can you flip the dogs upside down or paste text on them? That would be ideal for a game titled "The Dog Island."

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude
    aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By aaox

It sounds like a dream I had once.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Feanor

My sister actually has this game.  She is a bit of a dog nut, so she got a pretty big kick out of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.