Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 01, 2002

The third entry in Bethesda's series of expansive first-person role-playing games. Arriving on the island of Vvardenfell as a prisoner, the player character is caught up in an ancient prophecy, as well as a power struggle between factions, races, and gods incarnate.

Would you play a remade Morrowind?

• 84 results
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By FancySoapsMan

fuck year. 

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By ComradeKhan

Would I play a remade Morrowind?... Of cousre!!! why? do you have one?!?!?? Give it to me!!!!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#53  Edited By Hailinel

Would there be Cliff Racers?

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By triviaman09

If they could make Morrowind fun, then sure. Currently, Morrowind is not fun. Neither is Fallout 3 for that matter.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By Brendan

This seems like such an easy question to answer "yes" to, that I wonder why it was asked in the first place.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Slay3r1583

If they made it I'd play it. Do I think they should make it? Absolutely not. I'd much rather see Elder Scrolls VI: Hammerfell (just an example) or Fallout 4.

Malarkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Malarkain

I don't know if I want to experience this in HD.

No Caption Provided
    inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By inkerman

@Brendan said:

This seems like such an easy question to answer "yes" to, that I wonder why it was asked in the first place.

We've so far has two no's by my count. Some people like the many different armour options, the strider travel rather than fast travel, etc. Others just aren't interested in going back to Morrowind.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Zekhariah

I would consider it (presumably Bethesda would farm it out to some other studio to re-make it).

But I guess it seems less necessary with the modding. Kind of like how a Doom 1 update would probably be pointless when ZDoom already exists. Or KQM for quake II.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By HH

yes, as long as there was hardcore modes, and fuck that fast travel bullshit.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Terramagi

No. God knows they'd fuck it up somehow.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Only if they kept the gameplay mechanics the same. If they turned it into Skyrim, it would detract from much of what made Morrowind so much better.

I wouldn't mind the combat being updated to be a bit more active, but changing the skill system and adding fast travel or scaling enemies, etc., would ruin it. The universal dumbing down is why none of the later games will ever be as good as Morrowind.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By phampire

Morroblivion looks pretty neat, I might check it out.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By mandude

It's the engine and voice-overs I can't stand in their new games. Remaking it would just cast those horrible features onto a classic.

Somnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Somnus

yes, please.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TwilitEnd656
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Video_Game_King: Nah. That show isn't even any good.

You are objectively wrong.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By Deranged

No, but I'm not exactly sold on the Elder Scrolls but I love the lore behind the games and the beautiful worlds each game produces.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#69  Edited By Hizang

I never played it, so hell yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sure

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By onarum

Oh yes, but no fast travel please, or rather keep the fast travel the way it was in morrowind, where you couldn't just click a point on  a map and be magically transferred there, you had to actually plan your travel route (so I take the silt strider here to this coastal village here, and from there I can take a boat to this village here where I'll walk to my destination).

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#72  Edited By StarvingGamer

Only if they could make it a good game, and by good I mean the first Elder Scrolls game to have fun, engaging combat.

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By bongchilla

I would love this, but I would keep the fast travel the same as it was in morrowind with the silt striders. I don't like the fast travel systems in Oblivion and Skyrim, I rely on it too much and it makes the world seem smaller. The game world in Morrowind was the smallest in the series but it felt bigger because of the lack of a fast travel system.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Morrow

OMG yes. Like, totally. I loved this game so hard back when I was a PC gamer. Everything, the story, mood, setting, hell everything.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Morrow

@Cloudenvy said:

Give me a new Fallout on the Skyrim engine instead!

I'm a newb when it comes to game development and engines, so if you don't mind me asking, would that really make such a difference?

Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Mamba219

No, because I don't like many of the new mechanics introduced in Oblivion and Skyrim, and I don't care about the graphics.

I dislike the fast travel, the revamped combat system, the lessened emphasis on skills. I find that it is still the best open-world RPG gameplay wise that there is.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By JasonR86

I think the original Morrowind with mods is great. New mechanics would just make the game seem less unique to me. What I want Bethesda to do is keep looking forward and keep improving. Don't go down the well of nostalgia like so many other developers.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#78  Edited By Hizang

I never played Morrowind, so I would not get the nostalgia out of it. But even so I would still be up for playing some. But all I really want is to go back to The Shivering Isle with more land to explore.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#79  Edited By Kyreo

@Cloudenvy said:

Give me a new Fallout on the Skyrim engine instead!

Yeah man, this! After matching my time in Fallout with my hours in Skyrim (350 hours in each game) I have come to the conclusion that I prefer Fallout to Elder Scrolls but only by a slight margin.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Terramagi

No.

I don't trust them to not fuck it up.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By YOU_DIED

No, because it would be the exact same game, just like Skyrim was the exact same game as all the previous TES entries with all the same problems. Poor combat, NPCs with buckets of uninteresting dialogue that you eventually end up skipping, etc.

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By PokeIkzai

I might be a weirdo but I would hope they wouldn't add in fast travel. I liked the travel routes by the silt striders. :D But yeah I would play it and probably love it anyway.

EDIT: I would, however, definitely want quest markers of some kind. I absolutely hate the directions the NPCs would give you in Morrowind...

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ThePaleKing

It may have already been said, but, mods have already done - possibly better than, considering a number of the HD collections that have come out recently - whatever an official re-release could do. Unless you are talking about remaking the entire game in the updated (Skyrim) engine, but that is really somewhat unnecessary.

Kaowas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Kaowas

I'd play a remade Morrowind in the Skyrim engine, sure. But if they consolidate the body armour into one thing instead of giving me shirt, pauldrons and pants options I'd be a little disappointed. I know it sounds trivial, but I really enjoyed making a weird mish-mash character with whatever armour I find, and it made my character look far more unique. My younger brother and I both played it when we were teens, and we loved how different our characters were. I was all axes and big armour (with a robe draped over the whole thing and mismatched pieces of armour, of course) and he had magic swords and light armour (and he kept his character looking really uniform). It is understandable, though, that they changed this feature since not everyone likes micromanaging encumbrance and what pieces of armour go where. Having to add pauldrons, top and leg armour can be annoying, but I really want to have that heavy armour with a robe kind of deal going again.

With that said, I'd still play a remade Morrowind even if they change the armour stuff. It's a part of my teenage years that I'd love to revisit now that I'm 10 years older. Heck, I'm thinking of picking up Painkiller HD for similar reasons, and Fallout 3 was me reliving the time I spent as a 12 year old kid watching my older cousin run through Fallout 2 (which I later played when I was 16 or so). Everything old is new and different and I find it exciting!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#85  Edited By Justin258

@Terramagi said:

No.

I don't trust them to not fuck it up.

I'm just asking if you knew that you made a very similar comment 3 months ago on the same page. If not, it's kind of humorous.

Anyway, I've already said that I would in this thread, but all I would really want is better graphics, better quest directions (not markers, just something better than "find this tiny MacGuffin in this general area"), the ability to move at a decent speed from the start without using up stamina, and (probably the most controversial) Skyrim's actual combat mechanics. I don't mean skills and stuff, I mean actually swinging your sword and actually hitting stuff. There are mods that can kind of do those sorts of things but it still doesn't look, sound, or feel good at all.

Otherwise, I'd rather it stay the same. No fast travel, a lot more text instead of speaking, no actual quest markers, a lot more options for armor and weapons, a lot more magic spells, no need to keep towns separate from the world so that you levitate over them or something crazy like that, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.