Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

How many levels in Oblivion?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

I have two characters. My first character is a level 20 with the main quest completed and a lot of side quests done. My second is around level 8ish. I haven't gone searching for Martin yet because I want to be able to explore without running into an Oblivion Gate. I was just wondering how many levels there were in this game, because I got every achievement in this game but I really want to get back into it. I'm unsure which character I should continue.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I don't think there's a level cap... I got my guy to level 70 and started all over because I finished every quest...

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89

If you really want to hit the level cap, you'd have to go to jail in-game to get attributes lowered so that you can distribute points into skills (or stats like endurance, agility, etc?) which when fully maxed will prevent you from maxing out at 99.  Haven't played that game in awhile, so not too sure.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax

The reason I wanted to continue leveling up is because I basically rushed through the game trying to get those achievements.....I guess I'm just like that. I really want to get more out of this game because there are still a ton of locations I haven't discovered and I probably have a hundred dungeons and caves I should explore.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By c1337us

I think I only got to the high 20's by the time I have finished pretty much every quest and DLC the game had to offer by the end.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#7  Edited By ArbitraryWater

My dude is like level 30something, and I haven't even played Nights of the Nine or Shivering Isles yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No end-all level cap. But if you build your character and use the exploits as people are suggesting, you can reach something ridiculous.    

Ultimately, it's sort of pointless to go anywhere past the high twenties, especially after you've knocked out all the achievements.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.