Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

Super Look! - Oblivion

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Edited By lordofultima

Check out my very first PC Super LooK! Complete with 720p, 60fps (when it's not slowing down) video! I decided to do something familiar such as The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion just to test the waters. Seven parts in total, the playlist is here. Youtube is acting strange so it may take a bit to load, not really sure.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lordofultima

Check out my very first PC Super LooK! Complete with 720p, 60fps (when it's not slowing down) video! I decided to do something familiar such as The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion just to test the waters. Seven parts in total, the playlist is here. Youtube is acting strange so it may take a bit to load, not really sure.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

Looks great, pretty good frame rate while running all that stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Awesome videos man, I love Oblivion and this makes me want to start it again.
    BTW, what program are you using to record?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

Oblivion was the first game I bought when I got my 360, and it is easily one of the most disappointing games I've played in years.  There's just too much wrong with the game for me to get any real enjoyment out of it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Oblivion is awesome, despite the fact that it is a magnet for hate on the same level as something like Assassin's Creed or Resident Evil 5 (I enjoyed both).

And, as always your super looks are entertaining.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lordofultima
    @Bucketdeth: Thanks for the words, and I use the full version of Fraps.

@Hailinel: I think there's something wrong with your face. It's probably the best game of this generation (IMHO).
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Hailinel: PC Version is far superiour.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel
    @lordofultima: Was the insult really necessary?  When I played Oblivion, my experience came down to being frustrated by a lot of the things that the game gets justly criticized for.  I didn't find the leveling system fun or rewarding at all.  If I wanted my character to progress beyond a snail's pace, I felt like it was required that I pick specific skills and play the game a certain way, even if that's not necessarily the way I wanted to play it.  Even worse, the enemies scale in level with you, so even after I've gained several levels, I never feel any more powerful than I was before.  It also leads to bizarre quirks like bandits running around with magical weapons and armor.

Other items on the checklist include the fact that the vast majority of NPCs in the game were voiced by the same four or five actors, and most all of them had the same things to say.  In addition, Oblivion's diplomacy system, with its bizarre gauge, was no fun to use.

And the guards.  Those freaking psychic guards and their ability to sense you stealing an apple off of a table in a basement in the middle of the night when the homeowner is at the tavern and absolultely no one was on the street other than you when you picked the lock and stepped inside.  Those jackasses would have single-handedly ruined the game for me had the other items I already listed not gotten on my nerves beforehand.

For a game that was supposedly a revelation in immersion, I found very little to be immersed in other than broken, ill-conceived game mechanics and utter frustration.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lordofultima
    @Hailinel: It was a joke insult, any insult rewording your comment to involve someones "face" usually is. But the best games have flaws, flaws that you learn to love. I could do Morrowind next and show you all about psychic guards.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By flaminghobo

Dude, what video recording/audio recording software did you use?
    I'd like to start my own sort of Super Look :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.