A sample of skyrim's soundtrack. This gonna be good.

#1 Edited by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -

This was off a concept art video, which I can't get to load anymore so I can't link it...no idea why. Anyway, it sounds bloody amazing.

And just for the hell of it, the other sample music from several months ago which you might have missed.

#2 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

amazing? it sounds super generic, which would make sense if Inon Zur is doing the soundtrack again, but definitely not amazing.

#3 Posted by Galiant (2175 posts) -

I'm psyched.

#4 Posted by Hobbies (976 posts) -

Yup, that's fantasy music.

#5 Posted by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -
@Animasta said:

amazing? it sounds super generic, which would make sense if Inon Zur is doing the soundtrack again, but definitely not amazing.

It doesn't sound generic at all. And Inon Zur has never made an Elder Scrolls soundtrack. Jeremy Soule has since Morrowind and who also did Kotor. He's one of the best composers in video games.
#6 Posted by project343 (2809 posts) -

That new song is really fantastic. Had to close my eyes and soak it up with my earholes.

#7 Posted by briansanderson (133 posts) -

And I thought the music to Oblivion was great. Oh boy simply can't wait. Thanks for sharing links.

#8 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Better be a trigger ingame to cue it when you roll into town, at night, in the rain.

#9 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Gonna get me a mod that adds in all the Morrowind music too. There will be one.

#10 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4513 posts) -

@Adamsons said:

Better be a trigger ingame to cue it when you roll into town, at night, in the rain.

This. Nine thousand times this.

#11 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@Animasta said:

Anti-Semite.

#12 Posted by shinboy630 (1130 posts) -

oh jeremy soule you crazy bastard, you never cease to amaze me

#13 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

@Hitchenson said:

Gonna get me a mod that adds in all the Morrowind music too. There will be one.

They've used this in some trailers.

#14 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

@Animasta said:

I don't like you.

#15 Posted by RadioactiveGazz (98 posts) -

It won't be one I will have on my ipod, but sounds more than good enough to set the tone of the game. Can't wait for this game. Every part of it should be at least adequate at this rate, most of it looks fantastic.

#16 Posted by HistoryInRust (6267 posts) -

Wow.

#17 Posted by Kodo_Beast (131 posts) -

Wish I could listen to the rest of it.

#18 Posted by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -

Sounds pretty good! It doesn't have really catchy melodies that would get old after a while (we're talking about a 300hr game here), and that's a plus. I'm curious to hear the "fight" music.

#19 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

Oh wow, I like the new one a lot.

#20 Posted by Buscemi (1106 posts) -

Sounds like a bad version of a Nick Cave & Warren Ellis song.

#21 Edited by Moonshadow101 (554 posts) -

Umm... look, I love the main theme. I love it a ton. But that music in that first video there is totally generic fantasy music. It has a nice ambient flow to it, it's good and all, but it's hardly noteworthy.

#22 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

Strolling through the wilderness, plains, towns and mountains with that kind of music will be perfect for me. I hope Bethesda keeps their file structure like they did in past games so the music will be easy to take and plug into my iPod Touch. It will be great travel and study music.

#23 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Sounds pretty good.

#24 Posted by CornishRocker (397 posts) -

Ah, good ol' Jeremy Soule. I still prefer his Guild Wars work to his Elder Scrolls stuff. Even so, all his soundtracks are fantastic.

#25 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

Ah, it is a bit generic, not that I'd expect ambient music to be any different. Their main themes are always good, but it is recycled material after all.

#26 Posted by Polydeukes (98 posts) -
@CornishRocker

Ah, good ol' Jeremy Soule. I still prefer his Guild Wars work to his Elder Scrolls stuff. Even so, all his soundtracks are fantastic.

Love his Icewind Dale work well.
#27 Posted by velucyraptor (358 posts) -

Ughsdf the beauty of it all somebody quick HOLD MY HAND

#28 Posted by Stahlbrand (835 posts) -

I have greatly enjoyed Soule's work with TES in the past, and I anticipate the new sound track with great interest.

#29 Posted by shinboy630 (1130 posts) -

@CornishRocker said:

Couldn't agree more. Guild Wars is pretty much the only game where I turn all sound effects off while playing and just have the music on

#30 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

Ah that main theme is still fucking great. Can't wait to play this game.

#31 Edited by demonbear (1859 posts) -

@shinboy630 said:

oh jeremy soule you crazy bastard, you never cease to amaze me

This. I love Soule's work so much and a big part of the excitement I have for Skyrim is to hear Soule's new soundtrack. This is why i'm not listening to anything in this thread. I want to keep the surprise for the release! :D

#32 Posted by Ezakael (909 posts) -

I think it sounds great. I seriously can't wait for the game to come out. I was disappointed in Oblivion but Skyrim truly looks like it will be a masterpiece.

#33 Posted by EuanDewar (4685 posts) -
@Titus

Fuck if we could get some Bad Seeds in here that would be the best shit.
#34 Posted by yakov456 (1896 posts) -

Yummy. I want more.

#35 Posted by Marbazoid (55 posts) -

That skyrim theme still gives me chills when it bursts into the main chorus on the first gamplay trailer.

#36 Posted by TheHT (10796 posts) -

Whatever. I'll be listening to the main theme whenever I play.

#37 Posted by lordofultima (6204 posts) -

This is like chill/goosebumpy music for me. Love that shit!

#38 Posted by Stahlbrand (835 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

@Titus

Fuck if we could get some Bad Seeds in here that would be the best shit.

Y'know what, a Cave/Ellis soundtrack for a gritty fantasy game would be A-OK in my book. It would have to be a real crapsack world to match the tone though.

#39 Posted by Veektarius (4539 posts) -

How are they going to stretch a 1:17 track out for the whole of a 30+ hour game? I don't know, I think this bodes poorly for Skyrim.

#40 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

That does sound very much like fantasy music!

#41 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

Oh man, definitely getting a Celtic/Viking vibe from that new song, which is always a good thing. Just 2...more....weeks...

#42 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

Jeremy Soule is a great composer but the Oblivion soundtrack was very flat and generic and from these samples it doesn't sound like Skyrim's would be any different.

#43 Edited by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -

I'm not too impressed with the first one. It's nice, but it's pretty uneventful and meandering without much emotion, though I do like the slight chorus vocals at ~:35. The second one is quite good, though. Has some evocative strings in there. I'm guessing it's dungeon music, which is nice considering Oblivion's dungeon music was always so dull.

#44 Posted by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -
@Veektarius said:

How are they going to stretch a 1:17 track out for the whole of a 30+ hour game? I don't know, I think this bodes poorly for Skyrim.

Well first it's a sample. It'll be longer in the same. Second, I'm sure there will be many, many tracks. Third, it'll be way more than 30 hours.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.