Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Buy today or wait a week?

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY

I'd like to get Skryim today but the cheapest I can find it is $54 on D2D. Should I wait a week to see if Greenmangaming puts out another 20% off coupon, or should I just get it now?

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sanity

I really doubt its going to drop in a week.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@dudy80 said:

I really doubt its going to drop in a week.

I would have to agree, there is actually a higher chance of it going up in price than down.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

Maybe a few months? It really depends how popular the game is and how much a provider has (supply and demand). If it's not popular and the provider has lots of copies, then the price will be lower and if Skyrim is popular and there a provider doesn't have very many copies, its price will go up. At the moment, I think Skyrim will be very popular and that providers will have plenty of copies, so it will just stay at the R.R.P.

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY

Yeah, and I suppose it's only $6 either way. Screw it, Skyrim is mine.

jondan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jondan

I'm waiting a while before picking it up.

There are a lot of great titles coming out around now, and I want to save this for a quieter section of the calendar, to really get stuck into.

Also.. patches.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By phrosnite

From what I've seen from the stream and the reviews I'm going to wait a few months before buying it.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Chummy8

It's an elder scrolls game. Wait till the GOTY version. That way, you get all the DLC for free...basically. Also, because I fell into this same trap with Morrowind and Oblivion. I buy the game at full price, wait on the DLC, then end up trading in the game for the GOTY version. I end up spending more money than I would otherwise.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TekZero said:

It's an elder scrolls game. Wait till the GOTY version. That way, you get all the DLC for free...basically. Also, because I fell into this same trap with Morrowind and Oblivion. I buy the game at full price, wait on the DLC, then end up trading in the game for the GOTY version. I end up spending more money than I would otherwise.

i will do this

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If there's any game worth your bucks, its this game.
    And I order all my games for cheap (30-40) via a store, but this one I went out to get and its the first one where I didn't regret it.
    Its that amazing (at least, for me it is! Other opinions might vary.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PeasantAbuse
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    If there's any game worth your bucks, its this game. And I order all my games for cheap (30-40) via a store, but this one I went out to get and its the first one where I didn't regret it. Its that amazing (at least, for me it is! Other opinions might vary.
    Weren't you on the fence about it before?  Glad to hear it's good.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@PeasantAbuse said:
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    If there's any game worth your bucks, its this game. And I order all my games for cheap (30-40) via a store, but this one I went out to get and its the first one where I didn't regret it. Its that amazing (at least, for me it is! Other opinions might vary.
    Weren't you on the fence about it before?  Glad to hear it's good.
    I sure was, I wasn't expecting it to be bad but I also wasn't expecting it to be this insanely good.

My gamer gut said 'bitch, go get it' so I did, since that gut got me amazing games in the past, and now I'm addicted. 
    If you like/loved Oblivion, you will want to marry Skyrim.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to decide if I want to wait a bit. I just got a SWTOR beta invite for this weekend so I'd like to try that out, I have War in the North that I just bought (And absolutely love so far!) and still have BF3 fever. Also have several other games I need to complete. But man, I'm so hyped for this right now after watching some of the stream.

procrasturbate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By procrasturbate

So many games.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By emergency

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@PeasantAbuse said:
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    Weren't you on the fence about it before? Glad to hear it's good.
    I sure was, I wasn't expecting it to be bad but I also wasn't expecting it to be this insanely good. My gamer gut said 'bitch, go get it' so I did, since that gut got me amazing games in the past, and now I'm addicted. If you like/loved Oblivion, you will want to marry Skyrim.

Glad to hear that you liked it. It gives me great hope if it can convert someone who wasn't sure about how it'd pan out. Now if only the post would hurry up tommorow.. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It'll probably be on Sale on Black Friday. I'm not sure if that is a thing that is exclusive to the Unites States so if you're wondering why that dosen't sound familiar, that's probably why.

Sawboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sawboss

Price aside, I agree it never hurts to wait for patches with a game like this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.