Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Collectors Edition $150. (Winning!)

bioblood22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By bioblood22

I think the topic name nails it and shouldn't need anything else, but I am buying the CE. Why? Cause I can, and it's TES:5 Skyrim. I do understand why some thing it's not enough to justify that much money. With that being said to me it's enough, I can't really tell you why it is, but when I hear 150 bucks for the CE, I just hear in my head "I'm in!" Am I sucker? Maybe to some. But I can see endless amounts of fun with that  Alduin statue. Can you say placing that near the head of a sleeping family member then waking them? Yes we can!

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By UncleDisco

@bioblood22 said:

But I can see endless amounts of fun with that Alduin statue...

Ewww

SpaceKangaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#3  Edited By SpaceKangaroo

It's a crazy price. The box of contents doesn't match the price they're asking.

I wish every publisher made CE's like Blizzard, good prices, fairly limited and filled with stuff I might spend a few hours checking out. Disappointed by what Skyrim:CE has to offer, same with Arkham City's one ;/

bioblood22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bioblood22
    @FlemmingM:   

Funny that it was your mind that went there, as mine didn't. 
    SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By SMTDante89
    bioblood22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bioblood22
    @SMTDante89:  

Really, I'm supposed to understand that topic? Ok w.e
    bioblood22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bioblood22

And by W.E I mean it's not the same as that topic. It's me talking about getting the CE no matter the price. I'm not giving info on the CE like the topic you claim is the same as this one . But then again like you care. 

Personal feelings and factual information are two completely diff things.  

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By fjordson

I think it looks like a neat package, but I really have no interest in more game statues. And with all of the stuff I want to play this fall, it's tough to justify spending $150 on a single game.

Really wish they would release a package for like $70 or $80 with everything other than the statue. Would pre-order that in a second.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By unchained

Yeah, I pre-ordered the CE within 5 minutes of the announcement. As far as I'm concerned a 200 page full color art book and the dvd are well worth it. I'm not into "making of" bonuses at all, but the part where they say Bethesda does a look back at the other Elder Scrolls games has me very interested. I really do like the statue as well.

Truth is, if it came with any in-game bonus content I probably would have pre-ordered two CEs (one for PC and one for 360). I'm fortunate to be in a good place financially, so the expense isn't a big deal for me.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The fact these CE's keep getting more and more expensive is exactly because of people like you. It's not that the contents are bad, it's that they're no where near worth the value they're asking.

It's the same problem we're having with DLC, developers keep screwing us over, charging crazy amounts for very little content.. and people eat it up.

Yes, the game is most likely going to be great, but support the developers by buying it, not by encouraging them to screw us over with things like this.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By unchained

@WinterSnowblind said:

The fact these CE's keep getting more and more expensive is exactly because of people like you. It's not that the contents are bad, it's that they're no where near worth the value they're asking.

It's the same problem we're having with DLC, developers keep screwing us over, charging crazy amounts for very little content.. and people eat it up.

Yes, the game is most likely going to be great, but support the developers by buying it, not by encouraging them to screw us over with things like this.

I don't feel screwed over. If I couldn't afford the CE, I'd buy the regular edition. I fail to see how offering additional merchandise to those willing to pay is "screwing over" anyone.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Unchained said:

I fail to see how offering additional merchandise to those willing to pay is "screwing over" anyone.

Because they're charging you an insane amount for a few pieces of junk that don't come close to being worth the money.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By CL60
    @WinterSnowblind said:

@Unchained said:

I fail to see how offering additional merchandise to those willing to pay is "screwing over" anyone.

Because they're charging you an insane amount for a few pieces of junk that don't come close to being worth the money.

Don't buy it then.
    Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Barrock

New rule. Anyone who makes a Charlie Sheen reference from now on gets stabbed.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By unchained

@WinterSnowblind said:

@Unchained said:

If they are junk to you, then I certainly understand not paying for it. Personally, I view the CE items as collectibles for a franchise that I've been playing of since 1994. I'm not financially strapped, and don't feel the cost is "insane". My threshold is higher is guess.

The Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition wasn't available to most people. I never got one. I, in no way, feel cheated because the extras in that package were beyond my reach. If you feel that the Collector's Edition is too high a price for what it offers, then that is your personal decision to not purchase it. It does not mean the publisher is cheating anyone out of anything.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pweidman

Meh...value is in the eye of the beholder. No one is forcing anyone to buy, it's an option, duh. As for me, all I need is that sweet cloth map that comes w/a preorder. That and the fat ass game guide:p. Not something I usually bother with, but it came in very handy for Oblivion.

AnxiousTube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By AnxiousTube

I just want to play it when it comes out I don't really care about the extra stuff you get, I only really care about the meat of the game itself.
    RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RadixNegative2

Take out the statue and sell it for $100 and then i'm in.

Pandasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Pandasaurus

charlie sheen joke... funny...

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By MistaSparkle

I don't really want the Alduin statue, but I'm definitely interested in that 200 page art book! Maybe I'll be able to pick it up from amazon at some point :P 

Also I don't really appreciate that Charlie Sheen joke, mostly because, well, its a Charlie Sheen joke. Actually I wouldn't call it a joke...nevermind Pandasaurus and Barrock already pretty much said what needs to be said.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By FesteringNeon

The funny (sad) thing is, this edition will be sold used for $50-60 months after the release, used.

sreya92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By sreya92
    @FlemmingM said:

@bioblood22 said:

But I can see endless amounts of fun with that Alduin statue...

Ewww

I find this hard to masturbate to

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.