Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Do you know what would be awesome? (PC/Inventory)

thornie_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thornie_delete

Love this game, game of the mudda fuckin year so far by a mile. One of the things I like about this game is that it doesn't tie you down to a specific class. The skills level up pretty quickly allowing for multiple combat styles on your first play through which is something I absolutely love. Any way, this is starting to present some issues when equipping different weapons and armor quickly. Yes, I know there is a favorites menu which in itself is OK, it just doesn't go the extra mile which IMO it needs...

What I think would be awesome is if we can map different weapon and armor sets to the number keys. For instance pressing number 1 would bring up sword and shield with heavy armor, pressing 2 would bring up a bow and light armor, pressing 3 would equip two spells on either hand and a stat boosting robe, and so on and so forth. These "quick sets" would be completely customizable in the inventory menu. I'm KIND of doing this with the favorites menu, but it's so limiting. Not to mention having so many extra key strokes... Q for favorites, arrow down to weapon choice, tab out. I think mapping custom sets to the number keys would be the best way to go.

Am I crazy for wanting this? Does it exist already and I'm just to thick to find it? Does it break the immersion factor having such quick access to different types of characters? I don't know, I enjoy playing RPGs like an all powerful demi-god so this works for me in my role playing.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By Atlas

You can do this. While in the favourites menu, select an item, press a number between 1-8 and it's hotkeyed.

Shame that the game isn't clear that you can do this. I only found it out by trying it out and seeing if it worked. It saves so much time in the bloody console menus. Hotkeys is one of the best excuses to play this game with a mouse and keyboard.

thornie_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thornie_delete

Sweet, I'll try it out now. Thanks man.

magnum45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By magnum45

@Atlas: Wow. I didn't know that. Gonna try it out straight away. Thanks!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By AlexW00d

@thornie said:

Sweet, I'll try it out now. Thanks man.

It doesn't work like you specified. It's only one thing per hotkey.

Also a mod will likely be out soon enough for what you want anyway.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By Atlas

Yeah I didn't read the entirity of the OP. The hotkeys only work for single items, so you can quickly equip a different weapon or spell or potion. You can't bind a weapon and armour set to the hotkeys.

Sorry if I mislead anybody.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SlashDance

@Atlas said:

You can do this. While in the favourites menu, select an item, press a number between 1-8 and it's hotkeyed.

Shame that the game isn't clear that you can do this. I only found it out by trying it out and seeing if it worked. It saves so much time in the bloody console menus. Hotkeys is one of the best excuses to play this game with a mouse and keyboard.

Oh wow, thanks dude.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BoG
    @Atlas: I only just figured this out. It's something, but it could be so much better. I would love hotkeys for all my setups. My mace-magic combo, healing and shield, so I don't have to fuss around in combat. I love the game, but they really didn't put any effort into the PC interface.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.