Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Glass Arrows? Note: Timely Offer

WEB_War4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WEB_War4

There's a note in The Ragged Flagon from Tuldinwae to Delvin telling him that there are glass arrows "stashed under the docks in the usual place." I immediately went searching and couldn't find them. Anyone have better luck?

lowercase16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By lowercase16

I'd like to know this as well. I've been searching the docks for about an hour with no luck.

English

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By English

Anyone know anything about this? Saw this note today but I didn't find anything under the docks outside riften or within.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Karkarov

There is alot of weird crap in elder scrolls games that is just there to be there, as in to add depth to the world. I mean one dragon priest hold out actually has letters written by the blatantly undead dragon priest to one of his cronies about some mundane junk relating to potion making. Likely this is another one of those notes that is just for flavor. Besides as you level up finding high end arrows isn't hard anyway.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mmmslash

@Karkarov said:

There is alot of weird crap in elder scrolls games that is just there to be there, as in to add depth to the world. I mean one dragon priest hold out actually has letters written by the blatantly undead dragon priest to one of his cronies about some mundane junk relating to potion making. Likely this is another one of those notes that is just for flavor. Besides as you level up finding high end arrows isn't hard anyway.

That whole place is full of skeletons, poison potions, and has a garden full of poisoned plants. Those notes weren't filler, there was a story attached to that whole dungeon.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Karkarov

@Mmmslash said:

That whole place is full of skeletons, poison potions, and has a garden full of poisoned plants. Those notes weren't filler, there was a story attached to that whole dungeon.

Exactly. It was there for flavor, not because it was going to teach you some cool new potion recipe. Just like the glass arrow letter is there for flavor more than likely, not because there is an actual stash of glass arrows to find.

SonicBoyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SonicBoyster

Yeah I'm pretty sure Gaming 101 tells us you don't just make random notes saying there are items hidden in locations without actually putting items in those locations. People just haven't found them yet.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Getz

@SonicBoyster: unless the designers forgot to add them in

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mmmslash

@Karkarov: But it IS teaching you a recipe. You take any of the dozens of deathbells around the dungeon, and you can make a poison with them.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Karkarov

@Mmmslash said:

@Karkarov: But it IS teaching you a recipe. You take any of the dozens of deathbells around the dungeon, and you can make a poison with them.

Uh your thinking of a different note. The one I mentioned is written by a dragon priest telling a guy how he doesn't like his studies into alchemy and how his research is not acceptable and they need to talk about it. The fact that you find it beside a skeleton peppered with arrows is fairly self explanatory.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By CenturionCajun

I'm going to side with everyone else and say that those arrows are hidden there somewhere or are linked to some kind of miscellaneous quest. Bethesda has too much of a pattern of hiding hints for things like that all over.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mmmslash

@Karkarov said:

@Mmmslash said:

Uh your thinking of a different note. The one I mentioned is written by a dragon priest telling a guy how he doesn't like his studies into alchemy and how his research is not acceptable and they need to talk about it. The fact that you find it beside a skeleton peppered with arrows is fairly self explanatory.

I think you misunderstand, I'm not referring to a recipe in a note. I'm saying you don't need that, because everything else in the dungeon screams "THIS IS POISON STUFF". I mean, there's a pit of poisoned babies in that dungeon, for Christ's sake.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Karkarov

@Mmmslash said:

@Karkarov said:

@Mmmslash said:

I think you misunderstand, I'm not referring to a recipe in a note. I'm saying you don't need that, because everything else in the dungeon screams "THIS IS POISON STUFF". I mean, there's a pit of poisoned babies in that dungeon, for Christ's sake.

The herb all over the dungeon is called "deathbell"... The first time I found it on a bush in the middle of no where I didn't need an entire dungeon to tip me off it was probably poisonous. Just saying.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PillClinton

It's all about Ebony arrows for me. 20 damage! I used the Thieves Guild archery practicing NPC exploit/glitch and now I'm always rolling around with at least 500 Ebony arrows. Got rid of all the other types in my inventory as a matter of fact.

Taliber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Taliber

@Getz said:

@WEB_War4: @WEB_War4 said:

There's a note in The Ragged Flagon from Tuldinwae to Delvin telling him that there are glass arrows "stashed under the docks in the usual place." I immediately went searching and couldn't find them. Anyone have better luck?

@lowercase16 said:

I'd like to know this as well. I've been searching the docks for about an hour with no luck.

@English said:

Anyone know anything about this? Saw this note today but I didn't find anything under the docks outside riften or within.

@Karkarov said:

@Mmmslash said:

@Karkarov said:

@Getz said:

@CenturionCajun said:

I'm going to side with everyone else and say that those arrows are hidden there somewhere or are linked to some kind of miscellaneous quest. Bethesda has too much of a pattern of hiding hints for things like that all over.

alright, i went threw some trouble in finding it, but i read that timely offer note a few days ago and didn't even bother in looking for it, instead i searched the internet for 20 or 30 minutes for you guys and found this: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Tuldinwae

this is a skyrim wiki, i thought if i looked at the page for the thief guild Tuldinwae, it would tell me whether or not the glass arrows really are under the docks and it says that: "Although she states there is a stash of glass arrows beneath the docks, no such stash can be found." i'm sure all of you have surely passed glass arrows by now, but i just though you would like to know x3

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Sackmanjones

Boy I hope they weren't looking for 6 months

Taliber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Taliber

I know right? xD but you never know, maybe someone else who's playing skyrim right now, might want to know if it's true or not@Sackmanjones said:

Boy I hope they weren't looking for 6 months
    rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By rockinkemosabe

Ebony arrows are fine for me. Way easier to find in the world and buy.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

if you use bound bow you don't need to look for arrows. Also you find arrows everywhere, I have almost 4,000 of them stashed away.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShockD
    @FiestaUnicorn said:

if you use bound bow you don't need to look for arrows. Also you find arrows everywhere, I have almost 4,000 of them stashed away.

You do realize that this is not about finding just any arrows? Delvin rewards you generously each time you bring him a specific item and believe this is part of a quest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.