I get a skyrim trading card after buying fez and ftl

#1 Posted by super2j (1666 posts) -

What do I do with this? I got excited at first because I thought I got a free copy somehow, but i realized the truth. But now that I have it, I do not know what to do with it.

#2 Edited by AlwaysBeClothing (1458 posts) -

To get the "badge" Steam wants you to collect the other 9 cards through various means. The easiest way is to buy them on the marketplace. You can get them for free via voting or trading other cards you own or games and such, but the main method would be to buy them. If you care about that sort of thing, that is.

Welcome to the new Steam microtransactions.

If you manage to complete the "set" you can craft them which gets a badge for your profile and a profile background I believe. Also chat emotes.

#3 Edited by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -

@super2j: Go read the FAQ on steam about Trading Cards or read the Wiki here about it.

#4 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

You trade it to me for one of my three Torchlight II cards.

#5 Posted by Kidavenger (3528 posts) -

Bravo to steam for trying new things, but this trading card stuff is dumb, I really can't ever see myself bothering other people to trade for completely pointless rewards.

#6 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

To get the "badge" Steam wants you to collect the other 9 cards through various means. The easiest way is to buy them on the marketplace. You can get them for free via voting or trading other cards you own or games and such, but the main method would be to buy them.

It's actually cheaper to buy them on the marketplace than to collect them by spending money in the sale. If it's one free card per $10 spent or buying a card for thirty cents, I know which I'd choose (did choose, have chosen.)

The very cheapest way to complete the sale set quickly is to buy McPixel or Hotline Miami cards at ten cents each and then craft their badges for an emote, a wallpaper and a sale card for every badge crafted.

#7 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Spending $10 during the sale might be a decent deal, as long as you're interested in whatever you're buying. But if you're only interested in the cards, don't bother with that method.

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -

Bravo to steam for trying new things, but this trading card stuff is dumb, I really can't ever see myself bothering other people to trade for completely pointless rewards.

So sell them then and get money out of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.