Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

I spent an Hour and a 1/2 furnishing my Breezehome

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By tekmojo

So after raiding a few dungeons I came back to Whiterun with a bunch of goodies that weren't too valuable to vendors. Slowly I started decorating my home with those items and it has gotten out of hand. Anyone have this weird meta-game type ambition to just put a bunch of crap in your house while serving no real purpose other than looking cool? 

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By themangalist

It's just that... will dropped things disappear? If not, then i'd probably do it too.

Also, nice work. I just thought the dagger on your weapon rack is a little underwhelming compared to the warhammer beside it.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DystopiaX

@themangalist said:

It's just that... will dropped things disappear? If not, then i'd probably do it too. Also, nice work. I just thought the dagger on your weapon rack is a little underwhelming compared to the warhammer beside it.

No, not in your house.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tekmojo
    @themangalist: lol yea it's still a work in progress, but so far every time after a long adventure everything seems to stay in place, waiting to see if I can break the game, so far so good.
    PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PeasantAbuse

You should get the house in Markarth, it's pretty crazy.

Also, my weapon racks don't work in my Whiterun house...

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Muerthoz

The other day, I spent an hour chopping wood to make enough money to buy the house. After I bought it, I did a quick look around the place and then quit for the day. Good to see what the finished product can look like.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tekmojo
    @PeasantAbuse: Yea can't wait to see the other houses still pretty early on in the game.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you put a pistol under your pillow? You have to have a pistol under your pillow to make it a home.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By eroticfishcake

I spent an hour redecorating my house but considering how the game loads levels (that is, respawning all the items slightly above the surface) I tend to find items on the floor when they should be on a table or something.

Either that or Lydia's been rifling through my stuff...can't wait to get the other houses though.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By themangalist
    @eroticfishcake said:

I spent an hour redecorating my house but considering how the game loads levels (that is, respawning all the items slightly above the surface) I tend to find items on the floor when they should be on a table or something.

Either that or Lydia's been rifling through my stuff...can't wait to get the other houses though.

Spank her. I am very uncomfortable with a lady living in my house wearing full armor and bearing a sheathed sword at all times.
    PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Have you guys had people in the town come inside your house with you? If I enter Breezehome when someone is standing nearby outside, they come in with me, say a line and then leave. It's kind of unnerving to enter my house and hear "Did you know some fruits actually grow better in the cold?".

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By shiftymagician

@PeasantAbuse said:

I only have two houses, The one in Whiterun and Markarth. I have no idea of the other houses, but it will be tough to beat the Markarth house for me personally. It even has a mannequin!

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@ShiftyMagician said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

I only have two houses, The one in Whiterun and Markarth. I have no idea of the other houses, but it will be tough to beat the Markarth house for me personally. It even has a mannequin!

Those are the two houses I own as well, but my friend said his house in Windhelm has three mannequins which is insane.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BrockNRolla

Wait, what? How?

Here's the thing. I spent an unhealthy amount of time in Morrowind back in the day designing and building my house. I lined up rubies and diamonds on the shelves, I put food in bowls on the tables, I stacked books in all the corners and on the desks. I did that so much that an overflow loot bag appeared on one of my shelves, permanently ending my ability to set down anymore items in the house, AND destroying the flow of the room. I literally stopped playing once that happened.

But this has been something I've been unable to replicate in any Bethesda game since. It seems to me that items no longer drop exactly where your cursor is pointed and instead drop somewhere around in mid air, usually leading to them falling to the ground and bouncing around somewhere. The same seems to be the case in Skyrim. So what are you doing? Are you just trying to get stuff to fall in positions where it looks relatively believable, or am I missing something?

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@BrockNRolla said:

Wait, what? How?

Here's the thing. I spent an unhealthy amount of time in Morrowind back in the day designing and building my house. I lined up rubies and diamonds on the shelves, I put food in bowls on the tables, I stacked books in all the corners and on the desks. I did that so much that an overflow loot bag appeared on one of my shelves, permanently ending my ability to set down anymore items in the house, AND destroying the flow of the room. I literally stopped playing once that happened.

But this has been something I've been unable to replicate in any Bethesda game since. It seems to me that items no longer drop exactly where your cursor is pointed and instead drop somewhere around in mid air, usually leading to them falling to the ground and bouncing around somewhere. The same seems to be the case in Skyrim. So what are you doing? Are you just trying to get stuff to fall in positions where it looks relatively believable, or am I missing something?

Use the grab button, man. Instead of pressing A (well, on the 360 it's a) to pick an item up, hold A for a second then you can freely move it around. You were also able to do this in Fallout 3 and Oblivion but there was an entirely seperate grab button.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BrockNRolla

@PeasantAbuse said:

@BrockNRolla said:

Wait, what? How?

Use the grab button, man. Instead of pressing A (well, on the 360 it's a) to pick an item up, hold A for a second then you can freely move it around. You were also able to do this in Fallout 3 and Oblivion but there was an entirely seperate grab button.

Mother Mary, this is bad news. Between this post and this newfound knowledge that I can free move things, I may well progress no further in Skyrim. Honestly, I probably shouldn't have delved into this topic. Nothing good can come of this. LET THE DECORATING BEGIN!

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tekmojo
    @BrockNRolla: Sorry and good luck :) It can take some getting use to when placing stuff around, especially when you accidentally collect the item instead of move it, or my favorite swipe the item into a bunch of other items causing everything to turn into a giant mess. Part of the fun though lol.
    shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shiftymagician

@PeasantAbuse said:

@ShiftyMagician said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

Those are the two houses I own as well, but my friend said his house in Windhelm has three mannequins which is insane.

Then I now know my next piece of property to buy. House no. 3 here I come!

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Vinny_Says

what's the button to pick up things and just move them around?

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By meteora

@PeasantAbuse said:

@BrockNRolla said:

Wait, what? How?

Fun fact: I think you can grab and drag dead bodies. I did it once and didn't know how I did it until you confirmed we can drag things.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shiftymagician

@Meteora said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@BrockNRolla said:

Wait, what? How?

Fun fact: I think you can grab and drag dead bodies. I did it once and didn't know how I did it until you confirmed we can drag things.

Yep pretty much all bodies are drag-able and since a body has more parts, you can drag on the arms, legs and hands too. also for another fun fact, dead bodies can trigger pressure plates and can be used to avoid or exploit the traps that are triggered by these plates.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vodun

@tekmojo: Urgh, your sense of style is so Nord. And everyone knows that hasn't been in vogue since Ulfric was a boy.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By linkster7

WAIT WAIT WAIT

I can move things by holding A ? Oh Hell yeah

"Runs to Breezehome to redecorate"

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jetsetwillie

i liked the way the books line up on the book shelf automatically. just need more book shelfs

MidgardDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By MidgardDragon

I found a butterfly in a jar somewhere that's decorating a table near the entrance. I also put some dragon bones and stuff up on a shelf, though I dropped a vase from it and can't seem to get it back in position so it's just on its side on that shelf now. Have a bookshelf full of recipes next to my alchemy table, and a few essential books on my bookshelf downstairs. I also put Nettlebane on the weapon plaque upstairs and Jabberwock in the weapon rack downstairs.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By ajamafalous
    Who do I talk to to buy the Breezehome? I'm already the Thane of Whiterun.
    MidgardDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By MidgardDragon

@ajamafalous:

Proventus in Dragonsreach.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By ajamafalous
    @MidgardDragon said:

@ajamafalous:

Proventus in Dragonsreach.

Thanks, I'll take a look.
    SefaRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SefaRed

I'll have to try this! Only problem is, I'm used to using the Z key to pick up and drag stuff. So everytime I try to pick something up it's "FUS!" Unrelenting Force, and everything goes flying. D'oh!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ravenlight

I wish there was a rotate item option when you've got an item picked up. Once you overturn some items, it's damn near impossible to right them again.

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By wubb

@eroticfishcake said:

I had a full bookshelf and after a bit of game time now all of the books have kind of exploded off the shelves and are lying on the floor in front of it. I'm just putting them in a chest now.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Saving money to buy a house in Solitude. 25000 gold, so it better be pretty awesome.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tekmojo

@Ravenlight: One trick that seems to work for me is position the item around a chair or wall or other hard surface and push the item against it. Some items go upright on their own such as bottles and potions. If all else fails raise the item up high and drop it to give it a good roll. I already know way more than I want to lol.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By AlexW00d

I have filled my bookshelves and have a load of books to spare, does anyone know which house has the most bookshelves? I have the Riften home, which has two mannequins btw, and it sucks for bookshelves. It's literally all I care about.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By SerHulse

@PeasantAbuse: If an NPC is in the middle of speaking a line addressing you in some way, and you enter a new area, they will follow you in, it's a weird quirk in the AI. Still sometimes manages to scare the shit out of me sometimes though :)

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By Animasta

the archmage's quarters is the best home you get

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37  Edited By Castiel

How do you buy the house?

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Aishan

@Castiel said:

How do you buy the house?

Kill the first dragon. Talk to the Whiterun Jarl's Steward in Dragonreach.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.