Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

No buyback ?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ares42

Have I missed something or is there really no buyback option ? I've already mistakenly sold a few valuable items and had to drop a large chunk of my money to get them back =(

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Beaudacious

Suck it up butter cup.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jking47

Be more careful when selling items

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sanity

Fairly sure the items you sell end up in the shopkeepers inventory, diden't see if the price was higher then what i sold it for though.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By beforet

I'm pretty sure merchants always marked up the prices on the shit you sell them. Or do you mean the merchants don't offer them at all?

NaDannMaGoGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NaDannMaGoGo

@Beaudacious said:

Suck it up butter cup.

@jking47 said:

@Beforet said:

I'm pretty sure merchants always marked up the prices on the shit you sell them. Or do you mean the merchants don't offer them at all?

Oh you people...

A game really should've a forgiven payback options for the most recent items you sold. There's no reason to not have it, and no people like the ones I quoted, it's not cool and it does not require 'skill' to sell items.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By beforet

@NaDannMaGoGo said:

@Beaudacious said:

Suck it up butter cup.

@jking47 said:

@Beforet said:

Oh you people...

A game really should've a forgiven payback options for the most recent items you sold. There's no reason to not have it, and no people like the ones I quoted, it's not cool and it does not require 'skill' to sell items.

So where exactly did I imply either, or make any value judgements on anything in this thread?

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Matfei90

There's no specific buyback category, but when you sell items to a vendor, the item moves into their inventory and becomes part of their stock.

So when you come back you'll see items you sold them amongst the list being offered, and you can repurchase them (although likely for a large markup unless you have high speechcraft/bartering perks).

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jking47

@NaDannMaGoGo said:

Oh you people...

who said anything about skill? Being more careful when selling items seems like a normal thing to me.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Beaudacious

@NaDannMaGoGo: Hey you sell me your car for 20$ am not giving you any take backsies. You goofed i got a deal, wanna buy a car for 5000$? Pay attention to what you're doing, or do you have ultra a.d.d?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ares42

Well, @Matfei90 said:

There's no specific buyback category, but when you sell items to a vendor, the item moves into their inventory and becomes part of their stock.

So when you come back you'll see items you sold them amongst the list being offered, and you can repurchase them (although likely for a large markup unless you have high speechcraft/bartering perks).

I know they get it in their inventory, but the price is jacked up way higher than what you got for selling it.

As for you "suck it up" guys, I could swear that at least twice I have had 3-4 of an item pushed sell button an equal amount of times and ended up with 1 item left and some other item sold. Do you really think having to carefully watch what happens every time you sell an item makes the game better ?

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Matfei90

@Ares42 said:

Well, @Matfei90 said:

I know they get it in their inventory, but the price is jacked up way higher than what you got for selling it.

Because of your Speechcraft skill level, and lack of Bartering-related perks. If you want them cheaper, jack those up a bit.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Does it really matter? You'll find better items down the road. I just hope you didn't sell any unique items.

jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By jelekeloy

The same thing happened to me pretty much right away, and now I'm sure I won't let it happen again. It's an unfortunate oversight, but it doesn't really matter.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sanity

Or if you fuck up just load the autosave that was created when you entered that store/inn.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Beaudacious said:

@NaDannMaGoGo: Hey you sell me your car for 20$ am not giving you any take backsies. You goofed i got a deal, wanna buy a car for 5000$? Pay attention to what you're doing, or do you have ultra a.d.d?

Yep, it works like Gamestop, so its not so much a gamey thing to do as it just imitates how real life would be. 
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pinworm45

@dudy80 said:

Or if you fuck up just load the autosave that was created when you entered that store/inn.

Do this. Alternatively, when you sell something, they then offer to sell it back to you (but significantly marked up)

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By McShank

@Ares42 said:

Have I missed something or is there really no buyback option ? I've already mistakenly sold a few valuable items and had to drop a large chunk of my money to get them back =(

you can buy it back but for their price.. not your price that you sold them for.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.