Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Thieves Guild storyline warning!

bitterninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bitterninja

If you intend to restore the thieves guild to its former glory do not sell your armor they give you - as part of the quest chain you have to upgrade it and if you have sold it (like me) then you cant complete the quest and lose the use of the fence and the ability to finish the chain. I am a sad panda :(

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Funkydupe

"Shameful Dispray!"

Why would you sell your token armor. :( Never sell guild-specific items.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Slaker117

My thieves guilds questline broke all on it's own, it didn't need any help from me.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

Thank you for this. I need to offload stuff and was thinking of ditching the armor because I my enchant skill is reaching 80 and I can make infinitely better armor already.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By mscupcakes

I don't think I actually got that armor when I joined, which character do you get it from?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Funkydupe

@Slaker117:

No Caption Provided

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Slaker117
    @Funkydupe: Qué?
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vodun

@bitterninja: How many of those "extra jobs" do you have to do? Or do you just have to follow the main quest line?

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AgnosticJesus

@Vodun: I read 5 extra jobs for 4 major cities, can't remember which though. The extra jobs have been a downer for me, really boring. I've put off finishing the Thieves Guild for now since the quests pretty much suck.

bitterninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bitterninja

yeah i think i did 5 for each city, once you do 5 in a city it gives a special quest. the quest i am stuck on is "under new management" where tonilia (name may be spelt wrong) wants one of my old pieces of armor to upgrade and i dont have it anymore having come to the thieves guild late in the game having done dark brotherhood and smithing/enchanting maxed already. quite annoying really. some people saying console commands are the only way to get the armor back but i dont like using the console for anything really as it feels like cheating.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vodun

@AgnosticJesus said:

@Vodun: I read 5 extra jobs for 4 major cities, can't remember which though. The extra jobs have been a downer for me, really boring. I've put off finishing the Thieves Guild for now since the quests pretty much suck.

Oh man, so 20 in all? Grindtastic.

@bitterninja: You also get screwed out of achievements if you "cheat" using the console, even if it is to fix the game.

bitterninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bitterninja

ah right cheers for the heads up, i dont know what to do now i was hoping to get all the achievements but i cant get this - which is annoying after doing the whole story and the extras. will have to leave it for another character i guess on a different playthrough.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Vodun said:

You also get screwed out of achievements if you "cheat" using the console, even if it is to fix the game.

I've used "tm" and "sexchange" (to get rid of arrows stuck in me) and I have still received steam achievements. It might only apply to actual console cheat commands.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By rjayb89

I've used tcl (no clip) and player.addperk and player.removeperk and I still gets the achievements. I got "Wanted" after going on a crazy killing spree with tgm on (God mode) and stopping for a second to see, and then pay, my bounty which was like 20k. Got out of jail and the Steam achievement popped.

Anyway, thanks for the info, OP.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vodun

@rjayb89 said:

I've used tcl (no clip) and player.addperk and player.removeperk and I still gets the achievements. I got "Wanted" after going on a crazy killing spree with tgm on (God mode) and stopping for a second to see, and then pay, my bounty which was like 20k. Got out of jail and the Steam achievement popped.

Anyway, thanks for the info, OP.

@RhombusOfTerror said:

@Vodun said:

You also get screwed out of achievements if you "cheat" using the console, even if it is to fix the game.

I've used "tm" and "sexchange" (to get rid of arrows stuck in me) and I have still received steam achievements. It might only apply to actual console cheat commands.

Hmmm, that seems really weird. I'm sure it was like that in Fallout (locking you out of cheevos).

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Stahlbrand

Console use only stops steam achievements for that session. Quit out and achievements can still unlock.

edit: buh, commenting from my ipod while I cook breakfast - not as convenient as I had hoped.

But yeah, cheevos are suspended whenever you make (any?) use of the console prompt - but you can use any command (afaik), save the game, quit to desktop, and come back in - and you'll be able to unlock achievements once again.

This was definitely the case in FO:NV, and I'm pretty sure that's how it works in Skyrim - I've used 'tm' and 'tfc' to take glamour shots of my characters, and I'm still popping fake steam non-achievements.

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

That's annoying. I think I stored my armour in a dragon skeleton somewhere because I was over encumbered.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Rhaknar

yeha i add to use console commands to give myself back one of the pieces to upgrade >_>

another "warning" is that the Thieves Guild quest, unlike the Companions for example, does have a reason to do the side jobs, as you need to do 5 for each major city (solitude, winterhelm, whiterun and mar...mark...the M one) to access a special quest for those cities to gain your foothold in them, once you do all 4 you finally become the ACTUAL guild master (and get new gear too)

Bodhizefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bodhizefa

@Funkydupe said:

"Shameful Dispray!"

Why would you sell your token armor. :( Never sell guild-specific items.

Because it becomes worthless to wear if you spend any time at all on smithing and/or enchanting? I sold every single piece of the Thieve's guild armor at various points (mostly to Tonilla herself), so there's zero chance I'll even bother attempting to finish the Guild storyline for them now. What a total crock of crap.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By imsh_pl

Weird, I couldn't have possibly done more like 5 side jobs before finishing the main thieves guild quest line, and I got all of those in the Riften headquarters.

Anyway, you get some really cool and powerful stuff during the questline. Mainly useful for people who prefer

Just saying.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#21  Edited By alistercat

@Stahlbrand said:

Console use only stops steam achievements for that session. Quit out and achievements can still unlock.

edit: buh, commenting from my ipod while I cook breakfast - not as convenient as I had hoped.

But yeah, cheevos are suspended whenever you make (any?) use of the console prompt - but you can use any command (afaik), save the game, quit to desktop, and come back in - and you'll be able to unlock achievements once again.

This was definitely the case in FO:NV, and I'm pretty sure that's how it works in Skyrim - I've used 'tm' and 'tfc' to take glamour shots of my characters, and I'm still popping fake steam non-achievements.

Nope. I used the console to remove a quest item from my invetory, and set a companion to essential. Still got achievements without quitting out.

You should just add the armour with the console.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By spazmaster666

@AlisterCat said:

Nope. I used the console to remove a quest item from my invetory, and set a companion to essential. Still got achievements without quitting out.

You should just add the armour with the console.

Yup, no console commands disable achievements in Skyrim. Even tgm (i.e. god mode) does not disable achievements.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By natetodamax

That's super disappointing. I got rid of my Thieves Guild armor when I joined the Darl Brotherhood. It's pretty dumb that you can't completely finish the questline without it.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By fox01313

Good to know though glad I kept armor sets like that in the home in whiterun. As a thief you have so much access to getting more gold & kinda senseless to sell that armor off when you can just rob people blind instead. Also don't remember that armor being all that much in the gold you get or the weight you gain by dropping that light armor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

You don't fly the colors your not party of the gang baby.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.