Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Things I Should Know?

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By MAST

I've never really played any of the Elder Scrolls games, so I'm basically clueless when it comes to story, plot, the world, etc. Is there anything I need to know, or should know about the previous games before I go into Skyrim? Anything about the plot of those games, or the world? Even some general knowledge would be nice if anyone wants to enlighten me.

(Btw, I don't care if you spoil anything from the previous games. I probably wont get around to going back and playing them.)

Thanks!

Drakoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Drakoji

Not really, the worst thing that will happens is that some people will refers to the "Oblivion Crisis" or something like that, or say "What in Oblivion is that!?".

That's a reference to Oblivion. If I'm not wrong, Skyrim takes place 200 years later or something like that in the future, and the Oblivion Crisis was when Oblivion Gates spawned in the region where Oblivion took place, and those gate took you to a hellish realm where demon-humanoids live. They tried to take over our realm.

That's it honestly, of course there's the rooster of race that you will encounter but the game will make you learn about them during your play time.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

As Drakoji said, not really. Most of the lore in Oblivion came through books, and a little bit from conversation. In Morrowind it was both. I'm sure Skyrim will have a great amount of lore in it as well, but you won't need any preexisting knowledge.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.