Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

What do you think of my village pallet retexture? (WIP)

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I've been playing around with texturing with Skyrim, and I wanted to start with some of the really piss poor wood textures. As I started looking at what needed the most work, I noticed that the wood was ridiculously grey and drab in most of the game, and wanted to change that, to give the world a slightly more vibrant look, and add a bit of youth into the world of Skyrim. The wood looked like it had been sitting for hundreds of years, which in my experience, is longer than most smaller wooden structures last. SO anywhere, here's what I've done so far. Keep in mind I'm new to texturing, and this isn't everything that I plan on doing, just a good start.

I'll post some comparison screenshots in a bit here.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By EquitasInvictus

It is looking pretty great! Could be the start of a potentially high-quality mod if you keep it up.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Looks pretty great to me. Much more woody.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@EquitasInvictus: I'd like to devote more time to this stuff, but it's a lot harder to find decent stuff to work with thean you'd expect. If I still had my DSLR I'd love to go around texture hunting and stuff but I don't have a camera capable of that stuff. As it is, most of the good texture stuff is harder to find without going past a pay wall. I may think about doing some of that eventually seeing as I just started work, but I don't much want to get too deep into that stuff. Glad you like it!

@TheSouthernDandy: That's the idea, glad I achieved the look I was going for :)

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Gizmo

I'm getting girl wood just looking at your textures.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Anund

It's looking really nice! One thing bothered me, but maybe it's just me. I just got a sense that the scale was a little off, the planks look like they are larger in scale than the rest of the world in some pics, making the people look kind of tiny? It's quite apparent in this pic I think. The door looks like it's a model. Then again, as I said, maybe I'm just crazy.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Turambar

It look pretty good, but it simply doesn't look weather worn enough if you know what I mean considering the environment.  Replace interior textures with that though and it'd look great without the sense of dissonance I'm getting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.