Hitting it out of the park with their trailers.

#1 Posted by DarthOrange (3909 posts) -

Anyone else impressed by how well they have been handling trailers for this game? The story trailer just came out and gives you just enough information to get the gist across without leaving the feeling that a set piece was spoiled. Maybe it is the music but this trailer is probably the best of the year. It leaves you wanting more and yet you really don't know what the hell is happening.

It is way better then the Uncharted 3 trailers where it seemed like they showed off a new set piece in every trailer, and then the launch trailer pretty much showed you all the cool moments that happen in the game.  

What do you guys think of the trailers for the Last of Us? Do you think they have been fantastic or poo poo?
#2 Posted by gaminghooligan (1483 posts) -

All the trailers have been fantastic. It's one of the few games I haven't really followed news on, but I'm super excited to play. The one with them in the truck and the Hank Williams song playing sold me on it.

#3 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -

I'm so looking forward to this game and that isn't something I can say for many games lately.

#4 Posted by GunstarRed (5486 posts) -

It's a fantastic new trailer, I'm a little bummed that they showed more of the fungal monster-people, I was hoping other than that announcement trailer they'd keep quiet about that stuff. I think the story stuff in the trailers has been more interesting than any of the gameplay they have shown.

#5 Posted by Inkerman (1455 posts) -

Oh wow, totally didn't see massive story stuff going on, took a completely different direction than I thought it would. Having said that, still not keen on fungus people.

#6 Posted by Rainbowkisses (467 posts) -
#7 Posted by laserbolts (5372 posts) -

I agree they have been pretty awesome. With this, bioshock, gta and dark souls 2 I dont think I have ever been this hyped before.

#8 Posted by Roger778 (960 posts) -

I agree in that the trailers for this game have been amazing. I just wish it would come to X-Box 360, and not be a PS3 only exclusive.

#9 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

I just hope this game will have some decent framerate. Something tells me it's going to be baaaaaaaaaaaad.

#10 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

It wouldn't sell on Xbox Halo and COD are out already.

I'm just kidding don't flame.

#11 Posted by kindone (2843 posts) -

I haven't been keeping up with the game; I don't have a PS3. However, that trailer alone made me want to go out and purchase one just for it. That trailer was fantastic.

#12 Posted by mlarrabee (3064 posts) -

Have they been hitting it out of the... trailer park?

#13 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4504 posts) -
#14 Posted by RustySanderke (115 posts) -

That girl's voice sounds a lot older than she looks.

It looks way more interesting than Uncharted, but I'm afraid Naughty Dog's heavy focus on graphics on the PS3 won't be very fruitful in 2013.

#15 Posted by BRich (440 posts) -

Helluva trailer, I am now way more interested in the game

#16 Posted by TheHT (11839 posts) -
#17 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -

@TheHT said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Rainbowkisses said:

Wait a minute..

is Ellie the "cargo" that needs to be smuggled out of the city?

She's totally going to be the "cure" isn't she?

Aw shit, why did I come into this thread.

Possibility but I trust naughty dog to not make it so obvious.

#18 Posted by kishinfoulux (2533 posts) -

Looks lame like all the other stuff Naughty Dog makes, that people fawn over.

#19 Posted by pyrodactyl (2364 posts) -

let's hope the PS4 is retrocompatible or has this in its online store. The game looks amazing and way more interesting than any uncharted or god of war game. I'm just not going to buy a 200-300$ console to play 1 game.

#20 Posted by me3639 (1857 posts) -

As with games im most excited for i have only watched the original trailer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.