Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last Story

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 27, 2011

A Wii-exclusive RPG from Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi's studio Mistwalker. It tells the tale of a young mercenary that dreams to become a knight, but finds himself immersed in adventure and political intrigue after a mysterious power is bestowed upon him.

Finally got the last story.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JZ

Oh man this game is good, I mean holy crap. I've played 16 hours of the last story and it is easily the best jrpg this generation. I was weary of this because xenoblade was terrible, but damn I fucking love this game. It's toned down final fantasy. Everything about final fantasy, take it down a step and make it more believeible. The british voice acting is downright charming. A great way for the wii to end.

mattdragn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mattdragn

For sure man, me and my mate are playing through it we're right at the same area as you. It's pretty good and the story takes some good turns, though I wish the main character would get thrown in jail a bit less >.<. Really looking forward to seeing how this one ends, kind of holding out for a not happily ever after ending, but I suspect that's where they'll go. Good combat too. It is one of the few games I kind of wish wasn't on the wii though, as there's some beautiful art work and world design here, and the frame rate does it no justice sometimes (rarely). Still a proper boss game all in all.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DoctorWelch

Wax Xenoblade really that bad? I don't know if I'll ever get around to playing either of these games, but I definitely want to.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JZ

I played 20 hours of xenoblade and my god it was the most boring game ever. I kept playing yelling "when the hell is something going to happen?"

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JZ

Anyone else get the last story? That book box it comes in is really nice.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

@JZ said:

I played 20 hours of xenoblade and my god it was the most boring game ever. I kept playing yelling "when the hell is something going to happen?"

I played a hundred hours and counting of Xenoblade and the amount of stuff to see and do is almost overwhelming.

@DoctorWelch said:

Wax Xenoblade really that bad? I don't know if I'll ever get around to playing either of these games, but I definitely want to.

No, not at all. It's an amazing experience, one that I highly recommend.

@JZ said:

Anyone else get the last story? That book box it comes in is really nice.

I have it, but I haven't started it yet.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By apathylad

Funny, I had the opposite reaction - I thought Xenoblade was great and The Last Story was terrible.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DoctorWelch

I swear, it's impossible to tell whether or not a JRPG is good based on other people's opinions. More than any other genre I feel like the difference in opinion varies so greatly from game to game that it's hard to know what to trust.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By frankfartmouth

I haven't played Last Story yet, but I'm about 20 into Xenoblade right now, and I think it's awesome. I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to think Last Story's gonna suck because that's how this thread is trending so far.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Turambar

I thought both Xenoblade and Last Story were pretty good games. Does that mean I win?

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DoctorWelch

@Turambar said:

I thought both Xenoblade and Last Story were pretty good games. Does that mean I win?

NO! YOU LOSE!

The real answer is: EVERYTHING SUCKS!

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By imhungry

Xenoblade is fantastic. The story doesn't actually move all that slow, just that you'll likely be pursuing many of the hundreds of sidequests between each plot point instead of going straight to the next(though you often can) which can make it seem slow and draggy, but that game is amazing.

Been sitting on a copy of The Last Story for a while, can't wait to rip into it once finals are over.

Tophat666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Tophat666

I just picked it up in a buy 2 get 1 free deal, & let me tell you, after the shit storm that was RE6, I'm so glad to see such a well done Japanese developed game.

I'm loving every second of this game (about 11 hours in), & I was shock on how well they worked a cover system into a JRPG. It's basically Mass Effect with swords, & i'm glad to see others enjoying it too. I would further in the game, but the Battle Royle beta ends soon & needed get some time in on that, also I have time because of Hurricane Sandy making not able to go to work.

Definitely gonna be one of my favorite games this year.

mattdragn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By mattdragn

Just beat this now and I'm pleased to say that the story holds up right to the end of the game. Really good characters and a solid conclusion to the game along with a strong final boss and a couple of good if fairly obvious plot twists. Fantastic soundtrack for the last couple of bosses to!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#16  Edited By Hailinel

@mattdragn said:

Just beat this now and I'm pleased to say that the story holds up right to the end of the game. Really good characters and a solid conclusion to the game along with a strong final boss and a couple of good if fairly obvious plot twists. Fantastic soundtrack for the last couple of bosses to!

I just beat the game myself tonight. I really enjoyed the story and characters. And yeah, while there are some predictable plot twists and some tropes that people will easily spot because of Sakaguchi's tastes in storytelling, it really holds up all the way to the end.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Justin258

I seem to remember Video Game King leading me to think this was not a good game...
    I may be wrong on that.

Avatar image for tournamentofhate
    TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#18  Edited By TournamentOfHate

This thread is the first time I've read anything bad about Xenoblade.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.