I hate the third level in Zelda

#1 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Does any one hate the third level in Zelda too? The dahm water temple. Ocarina of time... In that one the third level is Zoras and I hated it. Even when you became a adult it still sucked. All the other temples are fun but not the third one.... Does anyone else hat the third temple? Or does someone actually like them?

#2 Posted by AlisterCat (5581 posts) -

I like them.

#3 Posted by LiquidPrince (15952 posts) -

Isn't the water temple generally regarded as one of the worst Zelda dungeons ever?

#4 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

The water temple is considered a drag by many players. You're not alone ^^

#5 Posted by Vexxan (4621 posts) -

This picture comes to mind:

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

A.) Zelda doesn't have levels.

B.) Even if it did, the Water Temple isn't the third one.

C.) I thought the Water Temple was OK. I almost got through it without a walkthrough (unfortunately, the part that made me go to a walkthrough was the one part that I logically shouldn't have needed).

#7 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

A.) Zelda doesn't have levels.

B.) Even if it did, the Water Temple isn't the third one.

beat me to it.

you're thinking of jabu jabu's belly,

#8 Posted by DeF (4894 posts) -

the only bad thing about the water temple is that you have to go into the menu and put the boots on and take them off all the time.

this gets totally overblown. also, the OP is kinda weird and unspecific. do you mean ALL the third dungeons in zelda games or what?

your post doesn't really make sense.

#9 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (374 posts) -

I felt as a child, it was fairly quick. As an adult... that level, even playing it a dozen times through, never gets easier to beat. I feel your pain.

#10 Posted by PSNgamesun (408 posts) -

I felt it was hard but never bored I thought that was the complaint all this time people hated it lmao

#11 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

I was 12 when i played OoC and I had no problem getting through the water temple with out a guide. Also as others have pointed out, the water temple is not the third "level." I do remember running around for a couple of real world days not knowing what to do though.

#12 Posted by Elyk247 (367 posts) -

I always used a strategy guide, so it wasn't that bad.

#13 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

No matter how many times I run through Ocarina of Time, I always end up making the Water Temple unbeatable. Every single run. Every. Single. Run. *sigh*

#14 Edited by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

Jabu Jabu's Belly sucks, but so does most of Ocarina of Time, based on my recent playthrough. In fact, the dungeon I didn't find completely disinteresting was the adult Water Temple because it had an aesthetic, wasn't horribly labyrinthine like the Forest Temple, and wasn't boring as sin like the Fire Temple.

EDIT: Also, major disappointment that this is an Ocarina of Time thread. When you called it the "Third Level," I thought you were referring to Zelda I.

#15 Posted by GunstarRed (5194 posts) -

I remember being stuck on it and stopped playing it for over a month. When I came back to it I finished it quite easily.

#16 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Tighten up those graphics.

#17 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1480 posts) -

I always disliked Jabu Jabu's Belly more than the Water Temple. As some people have said though, the Water Temple's not even the worst temple in OoT, I think that's the Forest Temple, it just goes on and on forever.

#18 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

Looking back at this thread, makes me kinda sad, because now remember OoC I remember how bad the game actualy was, I had more fun running around the world killing the spiders, or doing side quests, what few there where, and this is why i never bought the new 3d version, because it is better as i remember it.

#19 Posted by Ulain (315 posts) -

Only ran into a few snags for that temple as a kid: Was missing one key for a long while, and Dark Link. When you don't remember you don't have to Z-Target a monster, he's a major pain in the ass. Playing it recently of course, it's a breeze.

City in the Sky for Twilight Princess was way more infuriating to me, which is a shame since it was one of the cooler looking dungeons.

#20 Posted by Slag (4418 posts) -

Jabu Jabu's belly is alright, still one of the weaker/more annoying dungeons in the game

#21 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Some dungeons are just tedious and long, but I never hated any of them for it.

I just disliked the music in OoT and MM's forest temple, scary ass shit.
Oh and the dried well...fuck that shit.

#22 Posted by Daveyo520 (6768 posts) -

I scored a million points on the last level.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.