Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 18, 2011

Link descends from his floating continent home to explore the dark and dangerous world below with the help of a magical sword, in this Wii installment of the Legend of Zelda series.

I Just Beat Skyward Sword

PressANow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PressANow

The characters in the game are really cool, they are hands down the best aspect of Skyward Sword. They look really bizarre but it's like the film "James & The Giant Peach" where it's almost like claymation. It's also the best looking game I've seen this generation, even surpasing Crysis. The grass & trees look fake but the water looks unbelievably real which is so strange at first glance, but then you see a beautiful purple/pink color shade the houses & walls & it just blends with the green so well. There is also red/orange in the game, which pop out so effectivley, you have idea how well it's implimented. The inventory is easy to use, & aiming your slingshot is like butter. It's like Link's Crossbow Training. Link still makes "HAYAAAA" noises & you'll see familiar characters as well like the Goron. The voice acting is mumbling but I didn't mind at all. The flying beetle in the game is frikin amazing, you will never want to stop using it, & swinging on ropes can be hypnotizing. The combat is really satsifying, like you can do "Blade" moves with your sword, backflips & stuff, you are acrobatic in this one. The A.I is really smart, you can swing as much as you want and never hit an enemy, so you also gotta be smart. You can cut grass & collect rubees & hearts as usual, & you're going to need your sprint for steep hills & stuff. There is also a First-Person view on the tip of your sword, so you can dowse with a crosshair. The orange in the lava can entrance you though I should add, so don't look at it too long ;) The dialogue is funnier this time around, much like Banjo-Kazooie, & the puzzles are the best in the franchise. The soundtrack will also be stuck in your head for hours & what's really cool about the physics in the this game, you can actually see particles from Lava & other debree, smoke, & water vapor, it's so detailed, you can't go back to Twilight Princess. Ever! Might I remind you, that there are like 20 different colors of orange, 20 different colors of red, & blue, purple, grey, dark grey, the list is just so....wow, this is game of the year without question.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Afroman269

Oh god, block of text.

...but ya Skyward Sword is really awesome so far. I'm enjoying the combat, the artstyle, and I can't get enough of the music. I don't know if it's my GoTY just yet, I'm still debating between Gears of War 3 and Skyrim.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

Times like now is when I like my simple posts of rhyme with and without reason. I even use images, sometimes.

PressANow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PressANow

ya trying to indent paragaphs but it says my "browser does not support our text editor"

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By EVO

All I got from that was you have a thing for the colour orange.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By McGhee

Hey, I like orange.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By GunnBjorn

You're not colorblind. Congratulations!
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Mr. Now, TEAR DOWN THAT WALL

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By OllyOxenFree

So... is the ending satisfying with the final boss having an orchestrated piece?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.