Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 18, 2011

Link descends from his floating continent home to explore the dark and dangerous world below with the help of a magical sword, in this Wii installment of the Legend of Zelda series.

Right handed Link

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sawtooth

Anyone else unable to ignore this discrepency? To be honest, I didn't realize Link was right handed on the wii version of TP until a favorite cutscene where it was made clear that the entire game was being rendered as a mirror image of the gamecube version. That being said, once I was aware of this design decision, it became the defining element of that version. It's like some bizzaro universe... And yes I have put to much thought into this. I kind of would like to see an option to play the game as left handed Link, you know, cause I'm a nerd.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By zidd

You should be able to set your handedness in the options menu and links sword hand should match yours.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I'm all for an option to mirror it back, but its only logical to have a righthanded Link when most of the gamers are righthanded and thus wield the wiimote with their right hand.

Controlling a left handed Link with your right hand would be a tad silly I think, and unresponsive/unnatural, making the game way more tedious in my eyes.

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By sawtooth

I'm not saying it wouldn't be tedious, unnatural and goofy, but that won't stop me from trying it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.