Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 19, 2006

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess once again sees Link exploring the vast kingdom of Hyrule, this time in an attempt to dispel an evil twilight that has settled over the land.

Gamecube Controller

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bongchilla

Is it possible to play this game with a gamecube controller without buying the gamecube version? Or do I have to use the Wii controller? I'd prefer to use the gamecube controller if at all possible. 

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I don't think so, but the Wii version controls fine. Aiming's a lot better with the Wiimote. 

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Clinkz

I just bought the game on gamecube.

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Noodles
    @BongChilla said:
    " Is it possible to play this game with a gamecube controller without buying the gamecube version? Or do I have to use the Wii controller? I'd prefer to use the gamecube controller if at all possible.  "
    It's not, you're shit out of luck.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5de441812a230
    deactivated-5de441812a230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BongChilla said:
    "I'd prefer to use the gamecube controller if at all possible.  "
    To me, that's like saying "I'll masturbate either way, but I'd prefer to do it using a rusty cheese grater, if at all possible."
    Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Kjellm87

Nope, but fear not my friend, the Wii remote get the job done well

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " I don't think so, but the Wii version controls fine. Aiming's a lot better with the Wiimote.  "
    You're in denial. Being forced to play the game without dual analog camera control is a hassle. The Gamecube controller would work so much better. I can't remember all the times I almost fell off the edge of cliffs because I'd lower the remote and then Link would swing his sword and take a step forward and have to latch onto the ledge for his dear life. It was annoying. Then the B button unpauses the game, so whenever I'd set down the controller after pausing, the game would unpause itself. Yes, I'm still totally bent out of shape over all that.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By nintendoeats

I love the Gamecube controller, I can sympathize. But the game should be dead cheap by now, Why didn't you get the GCN version?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @TheGreatGuero: None of those things ever happened to me. You must just have unsteady hands. You should use more skill. 
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " @TheGreatGuero: None of those things ever happened to me. You must just have unsteady hands. You should use more skill.  "
    Actually, those things would just happen whenever I'd set the controller down to take breaks. As for the camera, I certainly prefer full fluid camera control over having to hit a camera recenter button so often. It's just a smoother experience. However, I've noticed that most people don't look around as much as I do when playing. I like to see EVERYTHING.
    bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bongchilla
    @nintendoeats said:
    " I love the Gamecube controller, I can sympathize. But the game should be dead cheap by now, Why didn't you get the GCN version? "
    I've had the game for some time now and than stopped playing it. I just bought some gamecube controllers and played a little bit of Wind Waker. I forgot how awesome it was to play zelda without the Wiimote. I figured as much since there was nothing in the manual about it. I just thought I'd ask.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Enigma777

Just play the game like it was meant to be played: on a Gamecube

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The WiiMote works just fine besides the camera and attacking (sad that one of those things is mildly important and the other is perhaps the most important part of the game.)

Though your question's been answered, I just wanted to say that going to the GCN version after playing a couple hours of the Wii version is extremely disorienting. It's easy to forget that they mirrored everything on the different versions. It's so weird.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.