Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda

Franchise »

Nintendo's flagship fantasy action-adventure series created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka in 1985, the Zelda series is the source of many revolutionary gameplay conventions, and continues to be one of the most popular and critically acclaimed video game franchises of all time.

Should Zelda have recorded dialogue?

• 61 results
    liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By liako21

The Dragon Quest series never had voice acting until DQ8 (correct me if im wrong) and that worked out pretty damn well imo. Excellent English accents.  The Hero of DG8 never actually talked which i personally think was a good thing. I think it can work for Zelda games. 

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By DAFTPUNK

No sir

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Mars_Cleric

Nolan North as Link...

but seriously I'm for voice acting as long as Link remains silent, he doesn't need to speak

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By halberdierv2

yep. just need to make sure that it's top notch writing. although Link still doesnt have to say much, but Zelda should be able to talk (and she does, in Tetra's crackers, and it sounds pretty good.)

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By ajamafalous

Voice everyone but Link.

howlettgrowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By howlettgrowl

I think it would be a good idea if deities (Wind Fish, Golden Goddesses, Majora, Fierce Deity, etc) and characters like the seven sages. Gives them the feel like they are on a different level of existence from the other characters.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm totally okay with other characters speaking in Zelda. I'd like Link to remain quiet outside of his grunts and yells, though.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
    Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

Voice, with Link being mute.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59  Edited By landon

The people saying no are the same people who complain that Zelda never changes enough.

I remember watching my brother play Legend of the Dragoon (super underrated ps1 rpg) and being engrossed the dialogue and story. I also remember downloading it through, lets say, questionable means and finding myself not being able to absorb myself in the same way. Video games are evolving, and to say that Zelda should stay in it's little bubble is the equivalent of saying your ok with Zelda never evolving. I'm sure the exact same argument was going on when they decided to make 3D Zeldas.

The fact of the matter is Nintendo fans are stupid. Plain and simple. They want everything to be the same, yet fresh. Whenever Nintendo does something new, they piss and moan until they actually play it and realise it's great and then they want more. Nintendo is massively successful, and if they can't dedicate the time and resources to finding good voice actors for Zelda games, then maybe they shouldn't making new Zelda games at all.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By Brendan

I think that Zelda should go more of a Dark Souls route, with less story and more exploration of a world that isn't fully explained, a la the older Zelda games. The difficulty doesn't have to be as hard or anything, considering they would want a wider audience, but going a more cinematic route would probably introduce more backlash then support not matter what Nintendo did.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By MikkaQ

I hate mute characters in video games. I see them and I feel like the game's taken like 10 steps pack in progress. But I don't think Zelda games would necessarily work because it's fanbase is too rabid and sensitive to change. My proposal? Just... stop making them. They really shoulda done that after Windwaker anyway, that was a good time to check out, and woulda been a fun send-off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.