Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Order: 1886

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 20, 2015

A third-person shooter set in a steampunk-themed alternate timeline, with a dash of the supernatural. Developed by Ready at Dawn Studios for the PlayStation 4.

Delayed to "Early 2015"

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Seems like 2014 is clearing out quite a bit. Witcher 3 is gone, The Order is gone, Batman is gone. The only big releases that it seems are left are COD (if you're still into that sort of thing), Dragon Age, and Far Cry 4 (too soon for that, imo). I'm not going to say the sky is falling or anything but the industry is really having trouble delivering on this next generation.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

So as with most delays it kind of sucks but at the end of the day I'm all for it if it means we get a better game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/27/the-order-1886-release-date-delayed-to-early-2015

EDIT: Added proper non mobile link.

Loading Video...

Visually the game looks amazing, but the game is looking really generic. Not saying its a bad thing, but I dought its going to bring anything new to the 3rd person shooter genre.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like 2014 is clearing out quite a bit. Witcher 3 is gone, The Order is gone, Batman is gone. The only big releases that it seems are left are COD (if you're still into that sort of thing), Dragon Age, and Far Cry 4 (too soon for that, imo). I'm not going to say the sky is falling or anything but the industry is really having trouble delivering on this next generation.

Batman is still 2014, you're referring to a rumour that turned out to be false. That being said it might still be delayed going by how rough Brad and Vinny said it looked. Speaking of The Order there is a new interview on gametrailers (http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/1a4n4k/the-order--1886-weapons-and-rooks-interview) that has new footage in it and is worth a watch imho. I'm not convinced by the gameplay but damn that game looks incredible.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi

@veektarius: And Persona 5 (?). Murdered: Soul Suspect and Civilization: Alpha Centauri also look pretty cool.

No Caption Provided

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A steampunk Gears of War cover shooter is all it needs to bring to make me happy. It looks just like that too.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
    SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lolllll

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By veektarius

@corruptedevil: You're right. The list I was looking at didn't have the new Civ on it, but that game is among my most anticipated.

And Destiny. I may have spoken too soon.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Evil Within just got delayed too. Who cares, it's not like I actually wanna play anything on this expensive new console anyway.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mikey87144
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

The Evil Within just got delayed too. Who cares, it's not like I actually wanna play anything on this expensive new console anyway.

The next generation is so advanced we don't even need games.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aquablak

Wow, this is disappointing, but if the extra time can turn it into something special, and a new, ongoing IP, it'll be worth it.

Pickings sure are slim for the holiday season, though. Thankfully Destiny and Dragon Age will be right up my alley.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Really not surprised. Most of these next gen games are getting delayed till next year. I think it has promise, so I'm fine with the developers having more time to do what they do, but the list for games being released this year is getting smaller and smaller...

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disappointing but not really surprising. I seem to recall that what they were showing at Gamescom last year was pretty much a tech demo. I hope since this was delayed Sony has some other big game planned for the Holiday. Right now their only big exclusive retail release is Driveclub.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: I don't think Persona will be localized this year, but Civ and Murdered look good.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Corevi

@afabs515: That Winter 2014 thing is for the NTSC release, so February 2015 at the latest without delays, which Atlus does rarely.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I'm pretty much indifferent to this, which is a shame, if Xbox One had this game I'd pick it up.

Oh well.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well, shit, i wonder whats gonna be sonys big holiday game? this was kind of positioned to be it

actually kind of glad 2014 is looking slim, easier on my wallet.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad that this is delayed since this will be one less game I will buy this year. My debit card will be able to take a breather after this summer.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Next gen is turning into all indie all the time!

While it sucks that a lot of triple A titles are getting delayed, the indie developers have to be loving this since we will be playing all their games now.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By EpicSteve

Don't ever get into a game when there's only a CG trailer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.