Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Outlander

Character » appears in 1 games

A ranged-focused class in Torchlight II.

Should I stick strictly to guns and bows?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So I'm new to Torchlight 2 and I decided to roll a Outlander I figured her combo of Guns and Magic would be fun to play with. Although I noticed it doesn't seem like there is any class restrictions when it comes to weapons or at the very least so far I haven't seen any which leaves me to wonder should I strictly stick to my ranged weapons or is there viable reasons to use melee weapons with an Outlander?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

There are some class-restricted items but any character can equip any type of weapon, so yes you could technically beat the game using an Outlander with heavy weapons.

However, as far as I can tell each class is geared toward using certain weapons so you'd probably be better off using the weapons your class was meant to.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

@believer258: Thats what I figured since seems many of her skills require you to have said items equipped on you anyways.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By buft

You can use any weapon as long as you have the stats to use it , with the outlander the Lore and Sigil trees dont have very many skills that require ranged weapons so you could in theory build an outlander who uses swords in close and uses sigils and glaives for additional dps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.