Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Sims 3

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

Electronic Arts follows up to the hugely successful Sims 2 with an improved character creation system, an open neighborhood, and a greater focus on character development.

Able to add expansions to Origin not purchased in Origin?

Vigil80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vigil80

Back when Origin launched, I was able to enter the registration keys of most of my EA titles, including all my Sims 3 stuff, and have them added to my Origin account. Is this still a thing? Places like Amazon are routinely cheaper to buy from, but I like the convenience of having them managed by the client.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Dude this was a mess for me at first but it worked out.

I had Sims 3 and World Adventures physically from back when I first got it.

Then I got an urge to replay the games recently when I saw Amazon sales, so I grabbed a few expansions. I downloaded them on Amazon's downloader and it was a total mess, they just wouldn't install.

I ended up contacting EA's Origin customer service about it and gave them the keys and they were great about just adding the games to my account. The same thing happened with my Dragon Age Origins Ultimate, I bought a physical copy and couldn't get the DLC in it and I talked to them and they just added it to Origin, no problem.

So I'd just try their support if you have an issue, they are very helpful and painless. Definitely don't be afraid to buy from Amazon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.