Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Spirit Engine 2

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 30, 2008

Sequel to The Spirit Engine, this is a strong improvement on the original game's formula. Form a three person party out of nine available characters, and uncover the secrets of both the world you're exploring and your own party members.

The Spirit Engine 2 reviewed

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

Edited By ahoodedfigure

I just surprised myself by actually typing out a complete review of most of my general impressions of Spirit Engine 2.  It's like... my second review ever on this particular web thing after the strangeness of Mondo Medicals.  

Now, apparently, you can embed video in a review, which blows my mind.  It's not like I'd vlog the thing, and I don't even have a proper mo-cap, camera or mic so I wouldn't dare inflict that on any videophiles, but still, I guess it's a possibility.

Now that I've beaten SE2 I'm tempted to try it again with other characters, although I may have to wait a bit before I do that so the game can be a bit more fresh in my mind.  The initial party I was toying with actually had a skill already that my prior party didn't have, one that I envied in some of the enemies I faced, so I'm betting at least the character with that skill will be automatically a member of the new party, depending on what I decide to do.

Cryptic Comet's gearing up for an expansion to Solium Infernum, although I don't think I'll be part of the testing crew for that particular thing unless I'm lucky.  Still, will be fun to get some new infernal toys to play with :)

Apropos of nothing, I also began GMing for the first time in about 20 or so years (M.F., has it really been that long?  Let's say not).  Was pretty damned epic, and a nice reminder as to why pen-and-paper RPGs will always have certain advantages over any other type.   

Anyway, that's pretty much it.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ahoodedfigure

I just surprised myself by actually typing out a complete review of most of my general impressions of Spirit Engine 2.  It's like... my second review ever on this particular web thing after the strangeness of Mondo Medicals.  

Now, apparently, you can embed video in a review, which blows my mind.  It's not like I'd vlog the thing, and I don't even have a proper mo-cap, camera or mic so I wouldn't dare inflict that on any videophiles, but still, I guess it's a possibility.

Now that I've beaten SE2 I'm tempted to try it again with other characters, although I may have to wait a bit before I do that so the game can be a bit more fresh in my mind.  The initial party I was toying with actually had a skill already that my prior party didn't have, one that I envied in some of the enemies I faced, so I'm betting at least the character with that skill will be automatically a member of the new party, depending on what I decide to do.

Cryptic Comet's gearing up for an expansion to Solium Infernum, although I don't think I'll be part of the testing crew for that particular thing unless I'm lucky.  Still, will be fun to get some new infernal toys to play with :)

Apropos of nothing, I also began GMing for the first time in about 20 or so years (M.F., has it really been that long?  Let's say not).  Was pretty damned epic, and a nice reminder as to why pen-and-paper RPGs will always have certain advantages over any other type.   

Anyway, that's pretty much it.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I'll have to check out Spirit Engine 2. Something different is always welcome.

garion333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By garion333

I'm a huge fan of SE2. Looking forward to the third game.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ahoodedfigure
    @garion333:  Is he planning on making one?  He seemed pretty worn out from the last project, which was mostly on his shoulders.  I have no doubt he'll only manage to make the system even better, and I hope he carries on the world from SE2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.