Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Sum of All Fears

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released May 31, 2002

Tactical military shooter based on the film of the same title, which is based on the novel by Tom Clancy.

Sum of All Fears: Anyone Ever Play This?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By breadfan

The Tom Clancy games are some of my favorite games, the original Ghost Recon game as well as the early Rainbow Six games are fantastic.  However I have never played The Sum of All Fears.  Recently I downloaded the very old demo and it seems like a Clancy game, basically Ghost Recon except urbanized, if you will. 

Anyway, did anyone ever play the actual game?  The PC version seems alright and I'm thinking about purchasing it on Steam for $10.  I've heard very negative things about the console ports, see the following old school video. 

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bicycleham

PC version looks a lot better. No auto aim. Crosshair Recoil, all that original Rainbow Six Stuff.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

The biggest thing Gamespot said in there review was that there was always a map and you could always see your enemies. You never have to creep around corners because you know the enemy won't be there if you just look at your map, definatly not the feel of a Clancy game there. Even when enemies are there, the A.I is terrible. Also, you can beat it in about 2 1/2 hours. 

Edit: Oops, I didn't look at the video.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Driadon

It's basically Rogue Spear without the pre-mission planning. It was fun, through buggy as all hell.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Griddler

I had it, not great.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By nick_verissimo

My recommendation would be to spend 10 bucks on the book.  It'll take you longer to get through and I hear the A.I isn't so buggy.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By breadfan
    @nick_verissimo said:
    My recommendation would be to spend 10 bucks on the book.  It'll take you longer to get through and I hear the A.I isn't so buggy.
    From the one mission available in the demo the AI was very buggy. Enemies staring right at you until they decide to shoot and your team being pretty useless.  I figured though for $10 it would be at least a glance. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.