Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

45 Percent of you will not survive the zombie apocalypse [spoil]

TwoSe7enFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TwoSe7enFive

Unless I am mistaken the stats at the end read that only 55 percent of people took the supplies.

I am curious if anyone has a compelling reason why you would pass up supplies in this situation.

Ultimately you are trying to ensure your and clem's survival ... an extremely large part of survival = food.

All I care about is caring for clem and keeping kenny happy so I we can get on that boat :)

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By golguin

It's a win win situation if you don't take the supplies. Clem wanted you to take the moral high road and a lot of people (myself included) are playing the WWCD route for cues on how to act. I knew that even if I didn't take the supplies the rest of the group would take it and we wouldn't go hungry.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LikeaSsur

Because the car lights are on, clearly the owners aren't too far away.

Just because we're thrust into a survival situation doesn't mean we have to resort to petty thievery. We're still human, let's show some dignity and respect, you know, two qualities that make us human.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Undeadpool

Honestly? After I killed Danny I needed a moral win. I was mentally exhausted and just thought that I needed to give Clem some hope that we're not just animals acting on our worst instincts. And because, as is a recurring theme within the book, if we don't hold onto our humanity, we're no better than the zombies.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Milkman

The rest of the episode was so fucked up that I needed something to remind myself that we're not all savages.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@LikeaSsur said:

Just because we're thrust into a survival situation doesn't mean we have to resort to petty thievery. We're still human, let's show some dignity and respect, you know, two qualities that make us human.

This guy is a dead weight, I say we ditch him for the good of the group.

Swifdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Swifdemon

I did not take the supplies since there are 3 more episodes and it's rather likely that Lee and Clem will survive them 'til the last.

A meta reason, but I'm still in good with the little one.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheHumanDove

I did everything moral the entire episode. Didn't kill the brothers, didn't kill Larry, didn't do almost anything. However, when it came to that fucking food at the end, after we had been starving and went through hell, you're damn right I said we should take the supplies.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LikeaSsur

@Mr_Skeleton: Wonderful logic there. I must have you on my zombie survival team.

Wait, never mind. You'll be one of the first to go. Go ahead and deny all you want, but we both know the truth.

*Waits for the inevitable sarcastic reply*

supertuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By supertuna

I did it for Clem.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By hbkdx12
    @supertuna said:

I did it for Clem.

Pretty much. Especially after she saw me kill one of the brothers, i didn't want Clem to feel like she was "alone"  and that i wasn't someone she could look up to.

If it were anybody else besides Clem (or someone in addition to Clem) I'm pretty sure i would have taken the supplies.
    MegaMetaTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MegaMetaTurtle
    @TheHumanDove

I did everything moral the entire episode. Didn't kill the brothers, didn't kill Larry, didn't do almost anything. However, when it came to that fucking food at the end, after we had been starving and went through hell, you're damn right I said we should take the supplies.

This (Apart from me killing the first brother. Didn't want him coming out of the barn near the end and killing someone).

Plus, what kind of idiot leaves all that food in a car, with the lights on, with the doors unlocked. The group probably wouldn't have even noticed it. And if we hadn't taken it, someone else would.

In real life I would have only taken half of it, at least leave some for them (or whomever came along next).
    Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By Draugen

@TwoSe7enFive: My compelling reason is that it's a video game, and I doubt that I'll die of starvation after two out of five episodes. :P

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SeanFoster

I felt like after murdering one of the brothers in front of Clem, and my rapidly deteriorating relationship with Kenny, it made the most intriguing option narratively to side with Clem and oppose Kenny in that final decision and see where it takes me in episode 3.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jking47

I did not take it because I am no bandit. Even in that kind of fucked up situation, you should not steal things when the people are obviously nearby. My question is, only something like 15% of people killed both brothers. What the fuck are you people thinking?! Letting either of them live means they will either have a grudge against you and hunt you down, or they will stay on that farm and keep luring survivors in and EATING THEM! That is not something that should be left behind. They are no better than, if not worse than, the walkers, because they have the choice.

Mahogany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Mahogany

I wanted to take it, but I'd disappointed Clem so much already...

sublime90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sublime90

i didnt think twice. im looking out for our group, no one around? OUR food now. clem will forgive me with a fat full belly.

FifiChiaPet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FifiChiaPet

@jking47 said:

I did not take it because I am no bandit. Even in that kind of fucked up situation, you should not steal things when the people are obviously nearby. My question is, only something like 15% of people killed both brothers. What the fuck are you people thinking?! Letting either of them live means they will either have a grudge against you and hunt you down, or they will stay on that farm and keep luring survivors in and EATING THEM! That is not something that should be left behind. They are no better than, if not worse than, the walkers, because they have the choice.

I didn't kill both brothers, but both brothers are dead. I, like many, stabbed Danny. I finished him very quickly--without letting him speak. I wanted to keep the momentum going and ran off quickly to help the others. After Brenda was being devoured, I fought Andy with him flying into the electric fence. He now had symptoms similar to a stroke victim and is severely weakened.

I made it clear to him that his family wasn't coming to help him and walked away as Zombie Mom is walking to finish off the last family member. He's dead. If Tell Tale tries to force the character back into the story down the line, I will be very disappointed.

As for the food, I didn't take it because it would have acted against the character I've chosen Lee to be. 'When we're confronted, we fight back to ensure that our attackers can never harm us again. But we're not parasites.' That's Lee's line in my game.

If I ever faced the option, I would probably take the food. But I'm not naive enough to assume I'd live long enough for the opportunity to find out.

Tonyyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tonyyj

@FifiChiaPet: That's weird, so he went into the electric fence and didn't die? The way I ended up killing him was actually by kicking him into the fence.. Did you have the scene where you got the option to pound his face into the ground?

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By jillsandwich

We can't just start fucking dogs and killing fools when the apocalypse comes. Order and standards have to be maintained.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By ItBeStefYo

People choosing not to take it for "meta" reasons is piss poor.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I had just smoked three people in front of her in a short period of time, I felt like I owed it to her to show her I wasn't a monster, just trying to protect us.

Even though, deep down, I killed Larry because of what the fucker did to me in the first episode. Kill or be killed you dumb motherfucker, should have finished me when you had the chance!

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CatsAkimbo

I felt like I was being watched, so no, I didn't take it.

VoodooTatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By VoodooTatum

People are acting like Clem knows best. She is a little girl. Never listen to a little girl in a survival situation. If you do you will end up having a tea party with a bunch of walkers.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By TheHT

I wish I could have just taken some supplies instead of clearing our the whole damn thing, just in case there were in fact living folks on their way back.

Of course, with bandits in the area, there's no telling how long it would have lasted anyways, let alone if the owners would have survived an encounter with them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It's people like you who immediately assume the only way to survive will to be as big an asshole as possible who will be the ones who die. Because the part these zombie apocalypse things don't want you to figure out, is that society would rebuild within a couple days. The idea that we're this close to becoming wandering gangs in the wasteland out to fuck up Kenshiro's day is bananas. The last time humanity dealt with a dark wilderness full of creatures that want to eat us; we built Rome.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ThePaleKing

Because I don't want to lead Clem down the path of sociopathy. I knew the other survivors would take the supplies, and share them with us anyway; but so long as I am playing the role model of a kid I'm not going to teach them how to be a rogue.

Edit: Also I had brutally murdered one of the brothers with a meat hook, in front of Clem. Then shot the other. The guilt from that definitely swayed my decision.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By scarace360

@Brodehouse said:

It's people like you who immediately assume the only way to survive will to be as big an asshole as possible who will be the ones who die. Because the part these zombie apocalypse things don't want you to figure out, is that society would rebuild within a couple days. The idea that we're this close to becoming wandering gangs in the wasteland out to fuck up Kenshiro's day is bananas. The last time humanity dealt with a dark wilderness full of creatures that want to eat us; we built Rome.

Hey hey im not out to fuck up Kens day im there to drive him around in a sweet car.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I didn't take the food because I don't think I could do it in real life. Of course, I say this on a full stomach while sitting comfortably in my own home without a world-ending disaster outside so obviously I haven't been pushed to the brink like the characters in the game haha. That said, I made the call not to touch the food and only time will tell if I made a good call...

...when the heck is episode 3 coming out?

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By nintendoeats

None of us will survive the zombie apocalypse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarace360

@Brodehouse said:

Hey hey im not out to fuck up Kens day im there to drive him around in a sweet car.

You're already dead..!
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@jillsandwich said:

We can't just start fucking dogs and killing fools when the apocalypse comes. Order and standards have to be maintained.

"Standards" are subjective. I trust myself to act with moral integrity, but if I have to kill or steal or lie to survive then I will.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By zeushbien

@Undeadpool said:

Honestly? After I killed Danny I needed a moral win. I was mentally exhausted and just thought that I needed to give Clem some hope that we're not just animals acting on our worst instincts. And because, as is a recurring theme within the book, if we don't hold onto our humanity, we're no better than the zombies.

Pretty much the same for me.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By scarace360

@Brodehouse said:

@scarace360

@Brodehouse said:

You're already dead..!

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@LikeaSsur said:

....That's not the way real life apocalypse will go down, if it ever does. Be comforted by the fact that your moral values will probably lead to your death, and that someone will loot your corpse, thus allowing them to survive.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ThePaleKing

@TheDudeOfGaming: You sound like an expert. Do enlighten us with tales of these apocalypses you have personally survived.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By psylah

By doing the "nice" thing in front of Clem, you're doing her a huge disservice.

Removing the brothers, who would be a future threat to the group and others, is essential to survival.

Taking the food from that car was essential to their survival.

Since I care about Clementine and want her to survive this zombie apocalypse to become hard-as-nails, I'll do what it takes to be an example of that.

leftie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By leftie68

The whole point of the game, in my opinion, is to play the game as if you were in the leading role, not to script it out like the good guy knowing that there were 3 more episodes left, and YOU would somehow survive. Hell ya I took the food, as would 99% of you. Especially if a young life that I cared about was relying on me.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ozzdog12

I took it because I didnt eat the dude and I was hungry

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#40  Edited By AndrewB

@leftie68 said:

The whole point of the game, in my opinion, is to play the game as if you were in the leading role, not to script it out like the good guy knowing that there were 3 more episodes left, and YOU would somehow survive. Hell ya I took the food, as would 99% of you. Especially if a young life that I cared about was relying on me.

I wish I could play it like that, but unfortunately I find myself playing more like maximizing how I expect the writers to follow up on their choices. Making sure not to give people the impression that I'm a bloodthirsty killer by not murdering an otherwise defeated human, and at least showing reluctance in not taking the food from the car, seemed like logical choices to make thinking about problems you're obviously going to have to face in the future.

If the writing goes in a different direction than I think it's going, I'll be both happily surprised and a little screwed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah

Removing the brothers, who would be a future threat to the group and others, is essential to survival.

Since I care about Clementine and want her to survive this zombie apocalypse to become hard-as-nails, I'll do what it takes to be an example of that.

Well, actually no. Consider the bandits in the woods, who kill each other over disagreements and attack anyone they can take something from. You're only turning Clem into one of them. You're not teaching her to protect herself and others, you're teaching her to prey on others to the benefit of herself, just like the brothers on the farm. The end result of turning someone into a ruthless individualist with no concern for the well being of others means that she kills you in your sleep for the batteries in your pocket. That's taking what you need for your own survival. That's exactly what the bandits do when it's convenient.

The core truth of all human social history is that those who work together overcome those who are alone. Tribal societies overcame loners, bands overcame tribes, nations overcame bands and so on to here.

Of course in all post-apocalyptic stuff they assume people suddenly devolve 5000 years. They completely discount humanty's creativity and social instincts in favor of insane man-versus-man scenarios for cheap drama. It's insane to think people will fight to the death over scavenged food rather than working together to make new food. Remember that we lived in the wilderness with no knowledge other than how to make a sharp stick and we somehow managed to build cities from nothing. In an era where we can make our own concrete we will not have to resort to piling wrecked cars up to build walls. We might not be able to drill and refine our own gasoline; we haven't forgotten how to make a wheel or pulley though. The only way the post-apocalypse happens and we don't have it mostly dealt with in a year is if the apocalypse specifically targets engineers and anyone who passed the 8th grade.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leftie68

The option I wanted wasn't there; wait for the guy, make a deal with him or offer to come along because there's strength in numbers. He's actually better off with us sharing his little bit of food than he is by himself with plenty of food. Then again, this is fiction where people have no concept of the long term.
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#43  Edited By Dagbiker

I took the supply's, but Clems face, and reaction made me feel really bad about it.

But I'm doing a No Regrets run, and sticking with my choices until the end. Then I might do another replay.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By psylah

@Brodehouse said:

@psylah

Well, actually no. Consider the bandits in the woods, who kill each other over disagreements and attack anyone they can take something from. You're only turning Clem into one of them. You're not teaching her to protect herself and others, you're teaching her to prey on others to the benefit of herself, just like the brothers on the farm. The end result of turning someone into a ruthless individualist with no concern for the well being of others means that she kills you in your sleep for the batteries in your pocket. That's taking what you need for your own survival. That's exactly what the bandits do when it's convenient. The core truth of all human social history is that those who work together overcome those who are alone. Tribal societies overcame loners, bands overcame tribes, nations overcame bands and so on to here. Of course in all post-apocalyptic stuff they assume people suddenly devolve 5000 years. They completely discount humanty's creativity and social instincts in favor of insane man-versus-man scenarios for cheap drama. It's insane to think people will fight to the death over scavenged food rather than working together to make new food. Remember that we lived in the wilderness with no knowledge other than how to make a sharp stick and we somehow managed to build cities from nothing. In an era where we can make our own concrete we will not have to resort to piling wrecked cars up to build walls. We might not be able to drill and refine our own gasoline; we haven't forgotten how to make a wheel or pulley though. The only way the post-apocalypse happens and we don't have it mostly dealt with in a year is if the apocalypse specifically targets engineers and anyone who passed the 8th grade.

Sounds like something someone with no food would say.

While you're carebearing it up, I'm dining on twinkies and baked beans.

NOW who's the surv.... oh god what have I done...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah Hey, in majority of games I make the cynical pick. I think most games let you be an idealist and get away with it too much (fucking Mass Effect). But in this one it's almost nonsensical. Life has more gradients between starvation and complete barbarism. But like I said, almost everything about post-apocalypse doesn't make any sense. It's just designed for drama.
    LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LikeaSsur

@TheDudeOfGaming: When I die in this "real life" apocalypse, I'll die with dignity and honor. Could you say the same?

AlphaDormante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AlphaDormante

I'd killed both Larry and Danny, and to be honest, I was tired of having to explain to Clem why I was doing such awful things. I wanted the supplies like hell, but with Clementine there...it's going to be hard to protect her if she starts seeing me as an irredeemable monster.

...but even with that said, I would have taken the supplies if not for one very specific reason: everyone else was looting it anyway. I'm pretty much relying on them to not let us starve. I doubt it'll take much pressing for at least Clem to eat when she gets really hungry. I guess it's a little manipulative and dishonest, but it's nothing she wouldn't understand when she gets older. Hopefully.

And if the others don't share, I'll just have to kill them.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#48  Edited By MistaSparkle

Man, me and Clem are like this (*does that 2 fingers crossed "tight" symbol)! She knows right from wrong, and so do I. Even though Lee killed that one guy his wife had an affair with, I've been trying to have him do the right things from here on out. Haven't killed anyone I didn't need to kill yet, I've been straight up honest with Clem, and we're going to make it through this damn game making moral decisions. Everything's going to be fiiiiiiine.

I love that we can have these sorts of discussions about a game, and it's interesting to see everyone's different reactions to the situations!

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

At first I thought it was the right choice to take the supplies, as the car seemed abandoned. But while emptying it completely I felt bad, ultimately reloaded and decided not to take the supplies.

After all you don't know if anyone would return, it's theft and my conscience didn't allow it.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

At the time I think I went with the reasoning that if Kenny thinks it's a good idea, then it's probably a dick move. That strategy worked pretty well for the whole thing, really.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.